Wyrdscapes

Lucidicide

One thing I have to give points for is that the stairs are actually the right size to put miniatures on to, so they aren't just decorative. I think that it is a nice touch, and makes the terrain super playable as a result. Hopefully the rest of the features are also made with guys who have plastic circles glued to their feet in mind, especially the building interiors.

The interchangeable tiles is one huge YES and have instantly gone onto the "want" list 👍

Like the idea of interiors with interchangeable parts for the buildings 👍

Like the shanty town/corrugated iron roof 👍....really don't like the wonky cartoon style Lord Of The Rings spires ☹️

So...a great idea with lots of potential - won't be buying all of it but will use what works for me

• Like 2

Looks amazing.

The positives are obvious.  It will create a variable, interesting, multi-level (so Wyrd clean up those multi-level rules please...), characterful, potentially reasonably durable (plastic = easy to repair) and easy to assemble (plastic = simple to glue with cement) and transport (plastic = light).  Hopefully it will be an amazing alternative miniatures profit stream, which will have utility with Malifaux, Otherside and even TtB, this would provide Wyrd an income flow outside constantly releasing new miniatures which at a certain point becomes counter-productive due to model bloat.  Really will watch this closely, the potential for cool ideas and innovations seems really big, but......

The worries:

• Price, this looks like it will be costly, reasonably so as it looks amazing and really useful, but so is a luxury car and I still can't buy one.
  • Painting this will be a nightmare, I already have a vast buy more than I paint problem and this will magnify it when/if I eventually make the purchase.
  • Storage, as it's all plastic and some of it looks quite fragile the storage, transportation and assembly (between games) for this looks... challenging.  With the addition that both its cost/value and (assuming you do) painting/assembly will make careful storage even more important.

So in the end my worry is that it will simply be a luxury item for the gamer with their own devoted game space for storage and play.  For tournaments, hench-persons and nomadic club/store play this looks like it may be prohibitive.  

• Like 2

When some wyrd-eyed, eight-foot-tall henchman grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the game store wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya gonna pay for this new pile of Wyrd plastic. You just stare that big henchman right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Strype McClaine always says at a time like that: "You gonna buy this terrain?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, dancater said:
  • Painting this will be a nightmare, I already have a vast buy more than I paint problem and this will magnify it when/if I eventually make the purchase.

I don't think that it will be that much harder to paint than normal terrain. Countours that come with most of these high grade plastic kits will make washing and drybrushing easy. Though I will probably just airbrush the whole thing save a few details. I suppose that price is going to be the main consideration, as the terrain is likely going to cost more than all models both sides would field on said terrain combined, so not everyone will be up for it. I will see if I can get the most out of it by using the terrain in ToS and other fantasy games.

Out of curiosity, how will the terrain be bundled? Will we only get 3'*3' worth of tiles in one pop or less? Being able to get  6'*4' of tiles in order to play ToS would be nice.

Love it so far.  I hope there are other designs of buildings that will be developed.  I always imaged Malifaux as a bit more of an urban city look - sorta like London or Paris in the early 1900s but with just slightly odd angles and a bit of a through-the-looking-glass sort of weird vibe.

That said, I will definitely pick this set up.  Also, I love the idea of a modular board.  The games workshop modular boards are ok, although I find the tiles to be a bit large.  I hope these come in 12"x12" segments like the modular Secret Weapon Miniature boards.  I really like the hard-plastic board sets they made, but sadly they never made a cobblestone city board or I would have bought it.