Wyrdscapes

Lucidicide

So... as one of your loyal henchgirls/slaves... could I trade my soul for a set of this to use at my LGS, the yearly convention, tournaments, write a lovely review for you guys snd basically promote it EVERYWHERE?? 

Currently unemployed, but would love to do some promoting of you as company - and for once be the first one to have fancy stuff and write about them! :-)

Love this set!

First off, these look absolutely incredible. I know y'all probably can't provide it, but I'd love a ballpark cost so I can start squirreling away. 

Also, has a material been decided on for production? Curious whether these will be PVC, resin, or the hybrid plastic being used on "The Other Side" models. 

• Like 1

As far as aesthetics I love the Victorian architecture any chance you could throw in some Tudor In the design?

Comments on game mechanics elements I love the harsh slants and slopes of the roofs Which suggest more definitive ‘impassable’ traits where as some ambiguous to rain more commonly leads to discrepancies.

I would love to see lots of scatter terrain variations. Duplicate buildings are more forgiving in my book but I love diverse scatter and hate seeing 20 of the same barrel or what not.

I love the idea of interchangeable floors but would suggest keeping things simple.  Being able to customize find detail like windowsills or patio railing gets cumbersome. Just MHO

I would oversize things just a tad. I have had unfortunate experiences with resin terrain being too small despite advertised as 30 mm scale. Example, second story balcony’s were exactly 30 mm and most the time because of model appendages or custom bases miniatures hardly ever fit.

• Like 2

That looks really nice. And I thought that you guys were just putting out individual buildings based on what you saw earlier. That is definitely about as good as terrain gets.

I am personally not too worried about the lack of scatter terrain, as I already have a bunch of resin crates, barrels, ect., along with the hard plastic streetlights that are already sold that should be a good fit.

• Like 1

Very nice looking. I hate painting terrain though, so this will very definitely depend on price. It's interesting that you went with plastic tiles for the base instead of a mat of some kind. Here's hoping the price is within my range, but I would really want a whole table's worth....

I don't love the tall building though. In my experience they either end up around the board edge or just make seeing things on the table a real pain. It sounds like these are modular buildings though, so hopefully you could do more one-story versions.

2 minutes ago, Pikciwok said:

Cool diorama, but terrible map to play against shooty crews - especially Ortegas. Nino sees everyone = no interactions.

The buildings don’t seem to be fixed in position on the tiles, so they aren’t condemned to the table edges. I would add more scatter that fits on the steps of the tiles though, no matter which way they were tiled. We stopped using stepped pyramid aquarium terrain since there was no scatter which fit on the steps: these steps look wider, thank goodness. (Fun: topped the pyramid with tiny snakes for hazardous terrain and annoying the McCabe player. ;))

1 minute ago, emiba said:

Well, I assume that this table is arranged for photograph rather than play. Looking carefully it looks like those are 9 1'x1' tiles and I guess the houses can go wherever.

(as a comment on the table being to open to shooting...)

Yeah, I guessed that. That wasn't an accusation - the table is modular, after all. I'm just deeply scarred by All-Seeing Nino... :D

47 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Share your thoughts below!

Add a riverside, maybe? You know, some sort of canal. Some buildings look like they're built by the river.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pikciwok said:

Yeah, I guessed that. That wasn't an accusation - the table is modular, after all. I'm just deeply scarred by All-Seeing Nino... :D

All good, I wasn't being defensive either, I just wanted to clarify. :)

Yeah, Nino would be terrible on this board. Luckily, none of the locals have picked up the Ortegas yet but we do have two Guild players so I guess it's only a matter of time...