Looking to get in to walking corpses and eternal life.

Regelridderen

Hi there.

I’ve got a growing Malifaux collection - I’ve yet to play a game, but that won’t stop me from collecting and painting.

I’ve started out with guild and their guns, and decided that my next project would be McMourning - which of course is a slippery slope, that eventually will lead to graverobbing.

So I need a little help and guidance from you fine folk on where to go from there. My initial purchase looks to be the Master Box, Rafkin (seems thematic) and Bete Noire (cause who can refuse that model). Looking to the future, I’m aiming my eyes at Seamus and Nicodem, a serial killing dandy and an old school zombiemaster really speaks to my fluffybone.

Of course, due to my lack of experience, I have absolutely no idea on competitiveness and synergies. So if these fine folk, should ever reach a gaming table, I’d love a little advice on what models to look for outside their boxes to support them? If there are any ‘must-haves’, or just models that work well?

• Like 3

I'm not a very experienced resser (also slipped into the illegal side with McMourning) but necropunks have always proved themselves as verycapable schemers, both in my many games against them and in the handful of games where I proxied them. I think one of them will be a pretty solid hire in more or less any scheme pool.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Both of them are interesting plays, and in the long run I'd absolutely recommend picking up both of them.

If you need to pick one vs. the other though, I'd probably say Seamus over Nicodem.  Mostly because Rotten Belles.  McMourning will make more use of them vs. Nicodem's Punk Zombies.

Punk zombies aren't bad by any stretch, they're just slow Melee beaters (slow is a common theme for Ressers) and you're already running a blender of a Master.

• Like 2

Yup, belle's are soooooo good, so no matter what, grab a seamus.  (Side note, I think he has a lot more play now with the change to his upgrade, he can take a massive pounding and heal it all back to go again which is huge for GG18 strats and schemes)

After that, I'd agree with @Ludvig on the Necropunks, they're very good scheme runners and can also take a surprising amount of damage.  Then you'll want another beater so take your pick really between Dead Rider, Izamu, and Archie, any will do fine when you're just getting into the swing of the game, but having a big beafie beat stick in your pool is really important

If you are fairly into McMourning I would suggest also getting some more Canine remains so you have them to summon when you are using the Moonlighting upgrade.  I would also consider getting a second Flesh Construct for the same purpose *I personally like the metal one if you can find it*.  After that I will agree Seamus's box is a good pick.  But after that it becomes a bit more what suits your taste.  Want more Scheme runners, Necropunks.  Want hitting power, Dead Rider,  Izamu, and the Rogue Necromancy are good options.  Shikome can be nice options now they are a point cheaper as a cheaper attacker. 

• 3 months later...