Lokibri

Just now, Lokibri said:

Dont't judge me just yet! I just love the models.

Still in wrap: Yamaziko, dawn serpent, izamu as genbu, low rivers, terracottas, lone swordsman and queeg.

It is a huge change from playing gremlins to those gigantic figures.

I wasn't judging, filthy is basically a compliment from me when it comes to miniature games. It's up to the designers to create sane rules and the players to try and push those rules to the edge. ;) Sounds like a lovely collection of models, looking forward to seing them painted!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

I wasn't judging, filthy is basically a compliment from me when it comes to miniature games. It's up to the designers to create sane rules and the players to try and push those rules to the edge. ;) Sounds like a lovely collection of models, looking forward to seing them painted!

I am really, really excited to paint them. It will be colorful, that`s for sure :D.

But first of all, i got the mystic bases to be primed and painted ^^.

It will take some time, because i want those models to be awesome and not pushed because of a tournament. So i hope you guys got some patience :D.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

I started painting beasts for McMourning this summer and I played my first game with beasts two days ago so I will be patient and not judge in that aspect either. :D

Well normally i am a pretty fast and enthuastic painter, but that leaves a lot of room for improvements. Began exactly 11 months ago with malifaux and have since painted all of the gremlin models available and half of the arcanists :D. It is fun :).

• Like 2

FInished assembling and priming all of the listed models :). All models in the maybe list were bought except for illuminated and guild hounds (illuminated are just well...lynchi u know and guild hounds i already own)

Biw it is time to order some shiny colors for my fine models :).

• Like 2

Okay, i may have overreacted a bit...but right now 72 colors are coming my way in a nice vallejo box  ^^.

I want to paint them in the following order:

- terracottas - starting easy but i have a plan for some "special effect" and symbolizing the "ancient protection" they give

- Low River Monks - just because they seem pretty easy

- Kamaitachi - i just like that model so much!

- Master Queeg - still sticking to some humans for relatively easy painting

- McCabe on horse/without horse - i am quite used to that kind of stuff. Should be okay though.

- Yamaziko - now it is getting a bit more complicated, but i like the pose a lot!

- Dawn serpent - this is a test for the emissary :)

- Yasunori - now here we get into things really deep and the colorscheme i chose for him is shiny, bright and full of unicorn madness brightness! This one will have some color!

- Shadow Emissary - That is a sweet ass model and i really want to paint it well! Maybe i will work on this one before Yasunori.

- Genbu - oh boy...what did i do...i saw a turtle image on imgur and i will take that as inspiration...white lines, light-green highlights and a TON of details are coming up here. I hope it will be as cool as i think it would be.

Package should arrive on tuesday and painting starts on wednesday :).

And a question for you guys: Which upgrade would you stick on Izamu while playing him in TT?

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Lokibri said:

And a question for you guys: Which upgrade would you stick on Izamu while playing him in TT?

Probably Recalled Training or Hidden Agenda. The first to kill stuff dead, the second 'cause it costs 0 SS and so you're targettable by Obsidian Oni or Emissary.

• Thanks 1

If no one else needs it, I like to stick Smoke Grenades on him. His size and low stats makes him such a tempting target for ranged control and condition attacks.

It's especially satisfying to change it to Recalled Training with a Terracotta Warrior once he gets into close combat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4.2.2018 at 4:07 PM, Carecalmo said:

If no one else needs it, I like to stick Smoke Grenades on him. His size and low stats makes him such a tempting target for ranged control and condition attacks.

It's especially satisfying to change it to Recalled Training with a Terracotta Warrior once he gets into close combat. 

That is a nice trick. I think i will stick to smokes and change it up later :).

Thx

3 minutes ago, DonCheadle said:

@Lokibri Whoa, most awesome looking fish I've ever seen.

How do people feel about Gwyneth + an Illuminated in McCabe lists? Giving the Illum reactivate seems like a good way to delete some otherwise troublesome models. 

Thank you very much! I really like him also. Illuminated are dreams as minions. They have everything you can wish for and i think they are great with McCabe.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Carecalmo said:

I love your dragon - especially the scales! :o It looks magical.

In general I really like your use of nice, bright colors. Looking forward to seeing an entire painted crew on the table!

Thank you very much Carecalmo :). Now i think it is time to finish Yamaziko and both McCabe models :). I think i got a playable crew rdy then and have to start thinking about the base colors :).

Before those Ten Thunders i only painted gremlins and it was so much green and dirt ^^ :D. I am happy to to paint some models very colorful models :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got my first game in and here is a little conclusion of what i found out.

I played the following list:

McCabe - Loot Bag, Strangemetal Shirt. Clowing Saber

Kamaitachi

Shadow Emissary - conflux of exploration

Dawn serpent

Yamaziko - recalled training

I will just comment every single model on its own and wrap up, what i learned.

McCabe - I played him pretty defensively and just used him for some rounds to hit and run with his netgun forcing duels on my opponent and forcing her (it was my gf) to use her cards for this TN with the Pulse effect. I had an void wretch at the opposing fron with lead to activating mccabe early and use the low defense to force those duels. I think i could go more agressive with him and make use of his melee attack to kill some models, but was afraid to lose him and his upgrades. I played a very upgrade heavy crew and kamaitachi gets worse without McCabe. The pushes were pure gold and all those options were exactly what i was looking for in a versatile master. The Loot bag feels like cheating and is just awesome to adapt and make a profit of 1 soulstone when exchanging cheap for expensive upgrades.

Kamaitachi - Oh boy, i love this model. Extra card draw, option to heal, movement tricks. This little guy is extremely nice and a good option to put up the strangemetal shirt behind the big models and beaters. I think it will take a lot of time to pick luna instead of kamaitachi. ^^ Also love the model

Shadow Emissary - Well...not much to say here. A free upgrade, a good cast, the ability to give a minion fast and push it further...just awesome with McCabe. I think i could use it more offensively, but this one is a very good support model and a nice solution for incorporeal models, which is a very good mechanic against Ten Thunders, because we lack a lot of cast models and have plenty of Ml and Sh.

Dawn Serpent - This thing is CRAAAAAZY! i had my first experiences with this model with marcus and with alpha, but oh boy! This thing just excells with McCabe. Having a nimble, fast, reactivated model that got pushed 2 times and is able to blast on a good range ist crazy good. What it puts over the edge is the flight ability and the counterspell built in with a 0 action that normally heals at least 3-4 Wds. The melee isn`t bad either and with the option to switch to a sabre is also great. McCabe makes it much easier to deal with h2k targets and especially against icorporeal models, which can give you a hard time. It didn`t come to this situation, but if an opponent really wants to kill this model, he has to go through a LOT of work. Just imagine the opponent decides to put it down in a full 50Stone match. We have the dawn serpent to heal up with a 0 TWO times with reactivate, we got a low river monk healing her, we got the option of mccabe with kamaitachi to give a slight heal and push, we got the elixier of life to heal it and THEN give her regen +2 (TWO times with reactivate). This is so much heal combined with h2k is just a pain for the opponent! I love this model especially because of her pretty high stats in the attack 7Sh is just sweet when you got the option to blast and give out burning.

Yamaziko - This was a last second switch out because i wanted to play with terracotta (just imagine the blessing of the terra on dawn serpent also °_O...it gets silly here ^^). But in this case i didn`t have many synergies so i decided to go with Yamaziko and i was impressed. She hits hard, she is nimble and the (2) action can be devestating for the opponent and rend their hand empty! WP is high, but the low defense is really hard to compensate. Without armor she is going down FAST! The brace yari did its job very nicely, but maybe yamaziko has a better place in a mei feng crew. It is a nice model and i really like her, but df4 is really a thing that lets me down. Maybe you got suggestions for me. Even with recalled training and against a hero it was still hard to have her not hit at DF4.

So, this was a little wrap u. Up next will be a full 50Stones game with a battle report :).

• Like 3

Love the shell on Genbu!

And I highly endorse the Illuminated package.  Gwyn can carry strangemetal shirt and give her illuminated brethren armor 2. It's insanity.  Plus giving her badge of speed and fasting her with the emissary allows you to tag a couple of targets then come play, tying them up with a pretty tanky model and opening them up for min4 reactivating illuminated :D 

• Like 2

And here we go with another small Battle Report for todays game:

Strat: Ours!

Schemes: Punish the Weak, Hold up their forces (opp and me), show of force (me), search the ruins (opp), public demonstration

My Opponents crew: Kaeris with the card draw upgrade

Rail Golem with imbued protection

firestarter with imbued energies

2x gunsmiths

1x eissary with kaeris upgrade

eternal flame

My crew: McCabe with loot bag, strangemetal shirt, cloak of invisibility

Kamaitachi

Low River Monk

Terracotta Warrior

Emissary with exploration upgrade

Genbu with smoke grenades

Dawn Serpent

Round 1: I got a terrible hand and chose to deploy first in the map, because i don`t care setting up first, while i can choose the side and with all those pushes i am pretty mobile.

We activated each others minions and went to play the positioning game. Genbu got attacked by the firestarter and redirected the damage to the terracotta to prevent further dmg. Still he had burning 3. My opponent drew a lot of cards with the burning extinguisher. My dawn serpent got black flashed and equipped with the badge to have nimble, fast, reactivate. McCabe threw some upgrades around while the emissary got the glowing sabre after deployment. My opponent then decided to hit the locomotion and went all the way from his deployment zone into my minions and locomotion attacked my dawn serpent. I hit the black joker and can`t do anything against it. He hity my dawn serpent several times and brought it down to hard to kill with some burning. I activated the serpent, called unto chis and restored 5 Wds. Then attacked with 3 attacks, leaving him at 4 dmg that came through and poison 8 or something like that. Reactivated and healed up again, attacked without any luck on my turn.

He scored for hold up their Forces: 0-1

Turn 2: I got the initiative and decided it was time for genbu to put an end to the rail golem.

Genbu charged and attacked the railgolem with 2 severes in hand. First attack hit for severe, 2nd missed and last one hit with minimum dmg which was exactly the one he had left, but forgetting he had imbued protection which he discarded to prevent 2 dmg and surviving my beating. He activated the rail golem and brought my serpent again down to hard to kill and pushed me 4' away from McCabe. I decided to activate my serpent and nimbled back again, trying to heal up and hitting the black joker again. I then could evade his disengaging strike and went a bit back to be out of the battle. Immediately shot into the engagement and hit my genbu with a moderate to kill the railgolem with the blast dmg. Genbu taking 2 damage in the process. He shot my genbu with smokes and cover without any success and i used McCabe to get back the upgrade, healing my serpent with kamaitachi and drawing a card. Loot bagged into elixier of life and healing the serpent, giving her reactivate and pushing her forward again. The Elixier found its way also to the serpent, also where an additional 2 Wds at the reactivate would heal her even more. After some more pushing and giving fast to the serpent again, i positioned her to be able to attack into 1 gunsmith, which was killed by a red joker on dmg and another attack.

Both scored for Ours, i scored show of force with genbu in middle: 1-2

Turn 3:

I won initiative and decided to let him go first. He activated his firestarter got reckless and tried to flame up my genbu and other stuff around. Not with much success because he had also the mold on him from the terracotta. I let 1 attack through which gave him burning and negated most of the damage. I responded with an activation of the emissary and pushing genbu closer and giving him fast, while he tried to shoot my dawn serpent which was burning from another effect. He shot the dawn serpent down again to hard to kill. Genbu cleared the firestarter extremely fast while McCabe healed the serpent up again, just doing his support job and not attacking at all! The dawn serpent was burning again and healed up before getting into position to attack kaeris again (before i hit her with a blast from the rj on the gunsmith).

At this point my opponent decided that having lost almost 20 points where i didn`t lose a single model was not the way he can win the game any more and conceded.

It was a very nice game and i learned a lot from it:

- Low River monks without the healing upgrade are still okay, but no charge in the melee makes condition removal pretty hard sometimes. Didn`t use him at all with his removal :).

- Kamaitachi is just the totem i always want to have! Heal and cards together with another ppush is just AWESOME! Took every ability and trick i could get! Awesome model!

- Emissary: Well, it`s just what you would expect and the push and fast is a great trick to clear a lot of situation. I wish i could give him more movement, because i want to do so much with him, but have not a lot of AP.

- Genbu: With all those heals and options to push him, he is nearly always where he needs to be and giving him fast makes it ridiculous to charge something :).

- Terracotta: This one is pure gold. Changing upgrades was not necessary in this game, but the option is a great thing to have. Th mold itself is okay, but the psychological aspect of being able to take a hard hit completely away from a model makes it extremely difficult for the opponent to decide whether to attack at all or hit hard. Small but pletiful hits could change that.

- McCabe was great at everything and i just LOVE LOVE LOVE the Loot Bag! This is just a great upgrade and with kamaitachi you are like throwing upgrades around. The option to switch everything around and adapt to the situation is exactly what i was looking for in a master. He is SUPER versatile and i really had fun figuring out how to solve the puzzles my opponent gave me.

- Dawn Serpent: This thing was the MVP of the game! I had a lot of discussion with other people if you would include the serpent or a jorogumo and i got introduced to the serpent by playing Marcus, so i know how to use her. In this case there were many situations where i was so, so happy to have her flying around and not being bound by any models or terrain. A jorogumo wouldn`t have made the job as good. Also, the melee attack of jorogumo is not as good as the serpents. Counterspell came also in handy and was very nice to have. Jorogumos must kill something to heal up, which can be tricky with them. The serpent just used her 0 two times with reactivate and healed up totally! So many casts that supported her chi, it was kinda ridiculous. I think the serpent really earned her place. What i love about the serpent is the shoot with optional burning and blasts! Otherwise the crew could lack this Sh-range a little bit and a burning jorogumo would have been shot down by the gunsmiths, before he could have attacked to heal. So, i still rate her much over jorogumos :).

Fun fact: The serpent soaked over 29+ damage and was brought down to htk a lot of times, before healing her up again.

I hope you like the report and the insight i sahre :). Maybe you got some experience with other models :).

The next model i would like to explore is the lone swordsman with Master Queeg :).

• Like 1