#1 with a Bullet - A Perdita journal

jchrisobrien

Tournament #2 was last Sunday down in East Windsor CT.  My first match was against another Guild player!

Standard Symbols of Authority: Punish the Weak, Hold Up Their Forces, Inescapable Trap, Search the Ruins, Take Prisoner

Perdita (Fastest Draw, Trick Shooting, Shooting Cans), the Jury, (Lead Lined Coat), Francisco (Wade In, Debt to the Guild), Abuela Ortega, 2 Monster Hunters, Brutal Effigy, Enslaved Nephilim

Nellie (Misleading Headlines, Delegation, Guild Funds), Printing Press, 2 Field Reporters, 2 Guild Guard, Peacekeeper, Phiona, Francisco.

My monster hunters and Abuela held up his tougher models (Francisco, Phiona, the Peacekeeper).  I ended up pushing the Peacekeeper a lot with Run in Fear.  My three models died, but they tied him up enough for me to keep one Symbol alive.  The rest of my hunting party (Perdita, Effigy, Nephilim, Jury, Francisco) raced up the board, making good use of pushes and relocations to tie up his Peacekeeper and flip two Symbols.  I scored Punish the Weak fully (he had lots of minions to punish), but I didn't measure my distance well and couldn't get my Search points.  Shooting cans won me the game, since I shot two of his scheme markers with Shooting Cans which prevented him from scoring Search the Ruins.  He got two points for taking Perdita prisoner, but it was enough for me to get a 6-5 win (3 Symbols, 3 Punish vs 3 Symbols, 2 Take Prisoner).  If I go for this kind of scenario again, having Phiona in the center with Transparancy might be worth replacing Francisco or Abuela.  Abuela's 0 action is SO good, though.

I won game two 6-5 Lady J over Yan Lo, but lost my last game big Nellie vs Zipp 4-10.  He really knew his crew and it was my first game against Zipp. :(  I finished sixth out of seventeen that day, and had many satisfying games of Malifaux.

Thanks for Reading!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, jchrisobrien said:

Tournament #2 was last Sunday down in East Windsor CT.  My first match was against another Guild player!

Standard Symbols of Authority: Punish the Weak, Hold Up Their Forces, Inescapable Trap, Search the Ruins, Take Prisoner

Perdita (Fastest Draw, Trick Shooting, Shooting Cans), the Jury, (Lead Lined Coat), Francisco (Wade In, Debt to the Guild), Abuela Ortega, 2 Monster Hunters, Brutal Effigy, Enslaved Nephilim

Nellie (Misleading Headlines, Delegation, Guild Funds), Printing Press, 2 Field Reporters, 2 Guild Guard, Peacekeeper, Phiona, Francisco.

......He got two points for taking Nellie prisoner....

On which of your models did he have take prisoner on?

• Thanks 1