McMourning with Beast models?

Scatterbrain

Fair enough. I doubled their utility by putting Marcus in my bag as well.

Actually that bag is basically a mass of Constructs and Undead for Leveticus, with a few masters that allow them to be taken in different factions, plus Beasts for McMourning and Marcus.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Freman said:

Fair enough. I doubled their utility by putting Marcus in my bag as well.

Actually that bag is basically a mass of Constructs and Undead for Leveticus, with a few masters that allow them to be taken in different factions, plus Beasts for McMourning and Marcus.

I will try to get some Beasts/Academics without taking their crew boxes, thanks mate!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Freman said:

Given that he can now have some synergy with Beasts thanks to Test Subjects, at least by providing a bit of healing, I'd be inclined to focus on Beast and Academic models that he can take cross faction. Off the top of my head, Rogue Necromancy, Canine Remains, Shikome, Night Terrors, Valedictorian and the Students. In Guild that's just Guild Hounds I think.

And Sanctioned Spellcasters, in Guild. ^_^

• Like 2

Very opponent-dependent. For a long while my meta was heavy Neverborn, and I got work out of them. Then it shifted, and they were useless. Now it’s tipping back toward making them useful again. The need for a cheap Ca has lessened with the introduction of thralls (far more wounds for relative cost) and reporters (condition damage also cuts through incorporeal).

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ElPuto said:

Thanks mate, really helpful! I will get some Autopsies 'cause they seem cool, Shikome and Scorpius probably. I don't want to waste money on stuff like Marcus or Sandeep, as I hate Arcanists and it will be stuff that I wouldn't use with any of my Masters.

Razorspine Rattler is available as a single model, so you don't need to buy Marcus' box set in order to get it. Could be great with McMourning because of Poison, and it would add some speed to the list.

What about the Guild Sanctioned Spellcasters for McMourning (assuming run as a Resser Master)? Would you get some use out of them with any of your other Guild masters?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scatterbrain said:

Razorspine Rattler is available as a single model, so you don't need to buy Marcus' box set in order to get it. Could be great with McMourning because of Poison, and it would add some speed to the list.

What about the Guild Sanctioned Spellcasters for McMourning (assuming run as a Resser Master)? Would you get some use out of them with any of your other Guild masters?

Cojo and Cerberus too, so why not. Still, 0 usage from my other choices, but for one or two pieces, I can't go wrong.

Sanctioned Spellcasters are fine Minions, I think, but I own McM, McCabe, Perdita, Lucius and Nellie as Masters and every Henchman except for Sam and Judge. Don't know which choice can perform better with the Spellcasters.

On 2018-01-23 at 12:03 PM, ElPuto said:

I will try to get some Beasts/Academics without taking their crew boxes, thanks mate!

Marcus' box is pretty amazing. Cojo is great now, rattlers have poison synergy and are at the very least decent now, Myranda is great and has poison synergy, sabretooths are great so the only thing you aren't using from that box is Marcus himself and the totem.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Marcus' box is pretty amazing. Cojo is great now, rattlers have poison synergy and are at the very least decent now, Myranda is great and has poison synergy, sabretooths are great so the only thing you aren't using from that box is Marcus himself and the totem.

Huh...   Myranda...   She actually could sacrifice herself to shapechange into a Poison Gamin.  Between it and Sebastian you could effectively process catalyst twice and do 6 damage to anything unlucky enough to have 2 poison and activate within 8 of Dougy/Sebastian and 4 of the Poison Gamin.

I think the poison gamin will be immediately murdered after it does this once, but it's a potentially amazing surprise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Clement said:

Huh...   Myranda...   She actually could sacrifice herself to shapechange into a Poison Gamin.  Between it and Sebastian you could effectively process catalyst twice and do 6 damage to anything unlucky enough to have 2 poison and activate within 8 of Dougy/Sebastian and 4 of the Poison Gamin.

I think the poison gamin will be immediately murdered after it does this once, but it's a potentially amazing surprise.

Pretty sure that's why they were specifically not allowed on the upgrade :) Having Myranda turn into it might not be the best option (SS wise anyway), but if things are set up just right could ruin someone's day. 

• Like 1

With that kins of synergy it might even bw qorth tradibg down like that. I usually peotect Sebastian aomewhat by engaging enemies so they have to work to get at him so maybe Myranda could so the same. 

Either way she is basically a discount to a cerberus or blessed if you need one or you can keep her on the table and have a model that is hard to hit and has great utility, healing and giving ap to other beasts. 

• Like 1

I've used Amina, the Rattler, and the Scorpius in all of my McMourning games so far.  The Rattler and Scorpius have been great; You can push them with Injection, and they will heal the damage when the activate next turn.  The Rattler hands out poison w/out need a suit (Scorpius is built in, but suits can be negated) and is pretty tough for 6 stones. 

I haven't mastered Amina yet, but I can see how she can be useful.  Need more practice with her. 

Other models I have to try are the silurids and the dawn serpent.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, f1amius said:

I prefer to use grootslangs give them Asura Roten and Emissary and u will have pretty nice models with enough dmg, poison, mobility and survival. 

I dont have the cards right in front of me but... Asura roten and mcmourning undead aura of 3' sounds great to me. 

Saturday I played a list with 4 beverborn hounds for cheap activations which charged with poison made quite extra damage and turned into undead hounds when dying. Now thinking in asura that would give them (when next to Mc)  some great attacks too. Or even undead nurses could try this long range debuff.?

Definitely wanna try

• Like 1

On 2018-01-25 at 11:02 PM, Nukemouse said:

What upgrade would you take on Cojo? Unnerving Aura and Necrotic Preparation both sound useful.

Not sure if this was a general question but I'd go for unnerving aura. Very good synergy with his melee reach and ht to try and keep several models there for passive damage. The ml7 is just so good for disengaing strikes!

• Like 1