Fictor

PART I, SANDEEP

In advance sry for my bad English and if someone want help me with the edition for the text can send me a mp with the changes and I will edit the post.

Sandeep, or like a mate said one time 'Master of nothing'. He doesn't have one thing op, but can do all things good and can provide his entire crew of a lot of interactions.

SANDEEP

Card Front

With his Arcane Shield and Impossible to Wound he's enough tanky to can move arround the enemy. (thx to @Adran for help me in this paragraphHis synergies with his crew come from Beacon. The ability allows other friendly non-Peon models within 12”and LoS to take Ca actions from his card with a -1 Ca. Each Ca action from his card can only be copied once each turn, but one model can use different Aps, like @Euclid said miniatures that can get suits are good in this, like Steamfitters, Oxfordian or Bishop  and Student of All that let him do 1Ap when other copy with :tome 1Ap, to give us great combos like the Effigy combo (thx @WWHSD) or others less important.

Attack actions

• (1) Gada: :melee attack that each limited upgrade gives an especial triggers or habilities.
  • (1) Arcane Strom: a good attack that can be nice for copy with people like Cerberus that have :+fate to atack and dmg, and this have :tome printed for chain with Student of All.
  • (1) The Mind Among The Sense: can be used in a lot of things, my favourite is teleport another miniature and push Sandeep to give him more movility, and also with :ram can heal.

Tactical Actions

• (0) The Path To Salvation: This only be taken by Academics or Minions but are awesome positioning spell, need the :mask but is a worth SS.
  • (0) As Your Deed, So Your Destiny: the interact trick, with :mask can be push before, and :tome can be declared engaged.

With out upgrades we have a durable master, that can give a lot of versatility to his crew, and can :melee hit, can Ca, can push, can heal, can Interact, can teleport... and we doesn't see his upgrades... ( It sounds like a comercial, but seriously I love this guy :D)

PERSONAL UPGRADES

• Unaligned Sage: That allow to take Academics like Sanctioned Spellcasters or Freikorps Librarian, and let use Beacon regardless of LoS. Gives Sandeep (1) Action Though Inaction to draw when a friend discards to do Flurry or Temporal Shield and does 1dmg to Sandeep that can't be reduced, and (0) The Sight Beyond for no randomize in :aura6" of Sandeep especially usefull with Oxfodians. We have a lot of different Aps and only 3Aps (4Aps with Student of All) to spend, not bad upgrade but in my opinion we have better options.
  • Enlightened Soul: A card draw each turn if we can kill one enemy and (0) The Formless Mantra to give Incorporeal, for me another time have better options, draw is situational, and Incorporeal unnecesary.
  • Tutelage: Allows to copy Ap from friendly Academic (after discard if have Tutored condition), and (0) Give a Lesson to give :+fate Ca and Tutored condition, I think we have a lot of Aps to need copy something more, but a Tutored Howard that can do The Path To Salvation + Nimble + Flurry can be fun :P
  • A Moment Of Weakness: Give our Gada burning +1 or if we doesn't have Banasuva in play burning +2, and Risks Taken in Anger to can be Toss by Banasuva or Ice Golem if we are crazy and have one in the crew :huh:, and two triggers on Gada to summon Banasuva or push Banasuva and give burning if was engaged with an enemy, for me the worst option to summon, you can't summon Gamins and must be in combat.
  • To Behold Another World: Give Gada Paralyzed on Moderate or Severe and (1) To Behold Another World to summon on 8:mask all Gamins except Poison, 9:mask Poison Gamin, and 12:mask Banasuva, within 6", we must add an upgrade (we have 3 to give our Gamins), and if we can't, we can't take this action, for me this is worth on hard Interaction game, for the rest of the games is better Command.
  1. Visions in Earth:  Shackles of Earth: can't be moved or pushed, and Constant Yammering: so good to prevent enemy Interactions, and pay atention, you cant move or be pushed but can copy (0) The Path To Salvation to teleport.
  2. Visions in Flame: Shackles of Flame: can't Cheat Fate, and  Don't Mind Me: can take Interact while engaged, another time to heavy Interact schemes.
  3. Visions in Wind: Shackles of Wind: may not take Attacks, and Life is Brief: that allows to Interact the turn it's summoned, can give us a Vp if the enemy doesn't pay atention.
  • To Command Another Plane: For me the best option by far, ok, like said before if the schemes are heavy Interact it's better To Behold Another World, but rarely we can see that, up our Gada to a nice 3/4/5, and the summons 8:mask all Gamins except Poison, 9:mask Poison Gamin, and 12:mask Banasuva, within 6" with the same restriction that To Behold Another World.
  1. Commands in Earth:  Shackles of Earth: can't be moved or pushed, and Reach Of The Heavens: to give +1:melee or +3:ranged that it's good on Fire Gamin to shot better or Banasuva to engaged with a lot of models thx to 3:melee, and pay atention, you cant move or be pushed but can copy (0) The Path To Salvation to teleport
  2. Commands in Flame: Shackles of Flame: can't Cheat Fate, and  In Flame Redeemed: to give Slow Inmunity that can be nice if we haven't cards to Cheat Fate to give our Banasuva 3Ap on summon, thx his Melee Expert
  3. Commands in Wind: Shackles of Wind: may not take attacks, and A Mighty Vengance: give other friendly models :aura3 :+fate to attack, really nice summoning near to our hard beater like Banasuva or Howard or our Oxfordian gunline.

OTHER UPGRADES

• Arcane Reservoir: If you play Sandeep you can see he is a monster hungry of card, one card more for summon, trigger Student of All, or a random Flurry can make your day, a must on him in my opinion.
  • Seize the Day: If your playstyle is agresive you mut take this upgrade, for 1ss one of the best generic upgrades in the game, if you want play a little more slowly, or defensive you can change this for something else.

For me the only to be respected, in the other hand this upgrades are a beast in my crews, and in Sandeep I usually play To Command Another Plane + Arcane Reservoir + Seize the Day

• Like 1

PART II, Miniatures and synergy

In this post I can mention all miniatures Sandeep can hire, but prefer say mi opinion of the best that can be hire and not do mentions like Essence of Power or Snow Storm for example.

ARCANIST MODELS
Totems
Banasuva: The totem, we only can summon that guy and, if you don't like Commands use another one, but use one of his limited upgrades because summon that guy is worth.

Henchmen
Joss: A little slow for me, but if you combined with trio of Oxfodians is a solid rock, a lot of inmmunities and solid dmg output.
Amina Naidu: only mention that girl because other people in the forum speak a lot of her but for me Sandeep doesn't need nothing that this girl can give to him.
Carlos Vasquez: For me the 2º best Arcanist miniature, can create terrain, can push, tank as hell, and :melee3 is an auto slow if you engaged correctly.
The Captain: with his new cost can be great, a lot of tricks like Carlos, a little less tanky, and anoter :melee3 miniature.
Cassandra: the most durable runner in my opinion, low minimun dmg for his cost but that girl can do everything!
Myranda: Another time I speak for me, the best Arcanist miniature, the nº1 if we combined that with Imbued Energies, Sandeep is a card hungry master and that girl give 4 card draws for summon, for triggers, and the Cerberus, one of the best beaters in our faction.
Kandara: The new Gamin doesn't speak so much to me, his upgrade mechanic allow Sandeep to summon more than 3 Gamins but is slow, in the other hand is cheap and with his Human Guise upgrade can make her durable, and is anoter target to summon Banasuva.
Kudra: I like her for his upgrade, a wounded Banasuba or Gamin can do a nice explosion, if you before copy a Deadly Reflex of as Poison Gamin with Banasuva for example, can do a 1dmg + 1 burning + 1 dmg+ 1 poison to all miniatures on :pulse2, and give you an option to kill a Gamin for summon another.
The Firestarter: Is a runner but have a nice sinergy with Sanctioned Spellcaster with his hability The Collar, that can be used to do 3:ranged.

Enforcer
Howard Langston: Our most expensive and best beater, is never a bad option, and we can push him, heal or teleport if turn in Academic.
Arcane Emissary: With the new Gamin upgrade and Beacon is an option but for his cost i think we have better options.
Sabertooth Cerberus: I never hire that guy, but rare time summon another with Myranda, and with :+fate can do a nice job copy Arcane Storm.
Shastar Vidiya Guard: Is Academic, can teleport and for this reason I speak about him, but for 8ss is too expensive.
Angelica: One of my favourites for Alpha strike, push 5" out flips is a broken hability in a game that positioning is really important.
Cojo: One of my best new miniatures, yes new because at 8ss was trash but on 6ss that guy is awesome, durable for his cost, :melee3, push, and discard markers, really for 6ss go to the 3º position on Arcanist miniatures.
Oxfordian Mage: that guys do all things with Sandeep, the worst thing are his Wk4, but now can teleport to have angle to :ranged or copy all Sandeep Ca Aps, and turn our Henchmen with Warding Runes into monsters, in my opinion is the first decision to take in a Sandeep crew, that it will be an Oxfordian crew or nor, because for that reason change all crew.

Minions
Ferdinand Vogel: Really nice W5 miniature, inmortal if they can't shut down him before he activates, because he turn into another miniature and heal all dmg and conditions.
Steam Arachnid Swarm: Only mention because can do a great job using Arcane Storm for his :+fate to dmg.
December Acolyte: Good minion, and now can copy teleport to :ranged better, a nice include in the crew.
Silent One: One of the best miniatures for his Ca out :ranged and :blast, Frozen Heart and can heal, again like the Acolyte, slow, but can be teleported too.
Union Steamfitter: The best W5 miniature for me, and with his ability to get suits in his activation can be really nice with Sandeep.
Poison Gamin: Summon if you want copy something of his card with Banasuva or enemy have poison.
Arcane Effigy: Like much people say best 4ss miniature, and now, can copy abilities, a must on Sandeep Crews, teleport to get out one Paralyze condition on our beatter make me happy.
Fire Gamin: Summon to :ranged with +3:ranged upgrade.
Ice Gamin: for me the best companion of Banasuva, to copy Frozen Heart and avoid Horror duels and get +1dmg on him.
Metal Gamin: really good if the enemy have armor. for his (0)Ap, and if the enemy have problems with armor to copy +2 armor with our Banasuva.
Moleman: cheap runner that can copy Aps and can be really fast if we use Practiced Production.
Wind Gamin: Summon like scheme runner or to force his dead and push something important.

ACADEMIC MODELS

Henchmen
The Valedictorian: Nice to teleport + Flurry something because she is Academic, but again too expensive for me and I think we have better options, and take him spend 1 upgrade slot on our master.

Minions
Sanctioned Spellcaster: A good option to avoid Lures and nice target from Aps of our Henchmen if we haven't better things, nice dmg for his cost.

MERCENARY MODELS

Henchmen
Hannah: Durable, and the best hing with Sandeep Arcane Reservoir, if you combine that with the upgrade can play with 8 cards, and thats nice.

Enforcer
Bishop: Now cheaper, and like Steamfitter can add a free suit at the begining of his activation to copy Sandeep Aps.
Johan: The worst nerf on Arcanists, a little expensive but still can remove conditions and have
:melee3 + nice dmg output.

Minions
Oiran: If you play Cassandra and Sandeep Tutelage upgrade they can copy his Lure and spend SS for the siut with Ca8, the only reason to hire that girl.

I'm sure you can speak about so much miniatures to hire in Sandeep crew, but that's is my post starts, I hope you enjoy with that and can give a hand to the new Sandeep adepts, thx a lot for reading.

• Like 2

He summons way better than other masters, usually generates one or two extra AP,  grants lots of mobility to his crew and those support gamins... Giving :+fate to everybody... . Really a pain in the ass and super top tier among all malifaux masters. I look at him with resser envy. 

On 1/16/2018 at 9:08 PM, Fictor said:

Carlos Vasquez: For me the 2º best Arcanist miniature, can create terrain, can push, tank as hell, and :melee3 is an auto slow if you engaged correctly.

how do you manage this feat? i've been playing him twice now and just by looking at this card and thinking i can't figure out if you made a mistake or if you're a genius that found something i don't know about ;)

3 hours ago, Thottbot said:

how do you manage this feat? i've been playing him twice now and just by looking at this card and thinking i can't figure out if you made a mistake or if you're a genius that found something i don't know about ;)

I think he’s referring to using a model with a 3 inch engagement range to engage models with 1 or 2 inch engagement ranges outside of their engagement range. It has a similar effect to the slow condition for a lot of models because they need to use an AP to either walk closer to attack or walk away (risking a disengaging strike) to make a :rangedattack. 

For models with ranged attacks that don’t have the :ranged icon, it’s not very effective.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

I think he’s referring to using a model with a 3 inch engagement range to engage models with 1 or 2 inch engagement ranges outside of their engagement range. It has a similar effect to the slow condition for a lot of models because they need to use an AP to either walk closer to attack or walk away (risking a disengaging strike) to make a :rangedattack. 

For models with ranged attacks that don’t have the :ranged icon, it’s not very effective.

oh, well yeah i guess that's a thing. auto slow sounded like there was a magical combo that made them unable to do something :D

I feel like Anna should get a mention under Mercenaries.  She gives card cycling, huge board control and a non-randomizing minimum 3 damage casting action.  I've found her to be absolutely fantastic with Sandeep.  Her auras basically shut down any type of surgical model removal by such masters as Lilith, Yan Lo and Kaeris. 

44 minutes ago, KingCrow said:

I feel like Anna should get a mention under Mercenaries.  She gives card cycling, huge board control and a non-randomizing minimum 3 damage casting action.  I've found her to be absolutely fantastic with Sandeep.  Her auras basically shut down any type of surgical model removal by such masters as Lilith, Yan Lo and Kaeris. 

She also allows you to summon multiple Gamin with the same upgrade using her bury, allowing you to have two Gamin with the :+fate to attacks :aura6 upgrade.

• Like 2

yesterday i made my first game, and of course i lost on bad terms!!!

i'd like to use him well..but scenario did't help.. i don't know trick with arcane effigy mentioned by @Franchute

@Fictor speaks about a trick of teleport effigy and cleanse one condition;

is maybe teleport 6" inches place tactical action of sandeep? (it seems limited, because it says "not in terrain")

Another question please, how do you choose your type of gamin during evocations?

and also, i don't understand Anna's trick...

2 hours ago, TeddyBear said:

yesterday i made my first game, and of course i lost on bad terms!!!

i'd like to use him well..but scenario did't help.. i don't know trick with arcane effigy mentioned by @Franchute

@Fictor speaks about a trick of teleport effigy and cleanse one condition;

is maybe teleport 6" inches place tactical action of sandeep? (it seems limited, because it says "not in terrain")

Another question please, how do you choose your type of gamin during evocations?

and also, i don't understand Anna's trick...

The Arcane Effigy trick is this: the Arcane Effigy copies one of Sandeep's Ca action, preferably Arcane Storm which has an inbuilt :tome, and activates Sandeep's Student of All ability which allows him to take an action outside of his activation. Sandeep uses this action to summon a Banasuva and then, if it's close enough, the Arcane Effigy can cleanse slow from the Banasuva and Accomplice to it. If your opponent can kill the Banasuva then Sandeep can summon it again that turn which can make it quite frustrating for your opponent if you have a good hand.

For how you choose the type of Gamin, you name it before you flip. So you can't stone for a :mask and then happen to flip a 12 and choose to summon a Banasuva, you have to choose first. If you are asking how you choose between the Gamin, it is simple: Wind Gamin or Banasuva.

Anna's trick is based on the wording of Sandeep's summoning action. It says you can summon a gamin as long as the upgrade you choose to attach to it is not attached to a model in play. The solution to this limitation is to bury a gamin that has one of the upgrades attached so that it is no longer in play, allowing you to have more than one Gamin with the same upgrade attached. Anna can bury a Gamin with her Ml action.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Jinn said:

If you are asking how you choose between the Gamin, it is simple: Wind Gamin or Banasuva.

I usually summon a Metal Gamin as my :+fate flip Gamin unless I think I’m going to beed to move it a lot. By being able to to go defensive without discarding or use Protection of Metal the Metal Gamin has something useful to do with it’s actions.

I will also summon an Ice Gamin if my opponent has Terrifying models that I want Banasuva dealing with or if I was Banasuva to do more damage.

I don’t end up summoning Fire or Posion Gamin much. A Fire Gamin with the range increasing buff seems like it good be annoying in some circumstances.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

I usually summon a Metal Gamin as my :+fate flip Gamin unless I think I’m going to beed to move it a lot. By being able to to go defensive without discarding or use Protection of Metal the Metal Gamin has something useful to do with it’s actions.

I will also summon an Ice Gamin if my opponent has Terrifying models that I want Banasuva dealing with or if I was Banasuva to do more damage.

I don’t end up summoning Fire or Posion Gamin much. A Fire Gamin with the range increasing buff seems like it good be annoying in some circumstances.

Yeah, I agree it is some times better to go for one of the other Gamin, but that push from Wind Gamin is so good. I sometimes am just too lazy to get the other Gamin out of my models case when a wind gamin is good enough in most situations.

28 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

A doubt: why i can't use stone for :mask?

Your quote only contains part of the sentence. You can stone for a mask,. Jinn was trying to show you can't flip your cards, and then choose what you are summoning based on the numbers flipped. 

• Haha 1

Can't reply before, but you, guys, resolve the things like I think, thx for it

In other order of things that post will be sticked? I have in mind to another for Ramos, but I spend a lot of time on that, and if it will be forget in the forum I can be reconsidered :(

43 minutes ago, KingCrow said:

Has anyone had any luck with bringing the Arcane Emissary along with Sandeep?  Banasuva can copy his abilities/actions and the Emissary allows other models to use his actions like Sandeep can.  I'm not a big fan of the Emissary as it is but maybe I'm missing something.

I have never used the Emissay so I looked into which abilities the Emissary has for Banasuva to borrow:

Power Sink: I think that end of turn effects happen before the strategy is scored most of the time so this is kind of useless.

Armor +1: Several other Gamin have this. Metal Gamin can give +2.

Flesh and Metal: By the time Banasuva borrows this it’s too late for it to trigger.

Elemental Burst: This could be handy for removing corpse and scheme markers.

Reckless Charge: Banasuva could use this to get a min damage 4 attack that can push. It seems like in the right situation it might be worth borrowing.

Elemental Rage: I think this is the ability Banasuva will borrow alot if he’s got the buff that keeps him from moving. It turns into a 9 inch ranged attack that doesn’t randomize and isn’t affected by cover. It also has decent triggers on every suit. Unless you are fishing for a specific trigger or would prefer a Ca action over a Ml action, Bansuva will want to use his own attack when making close attacks.

The Negation: This is a zero action so isn’t going to be useful for Bansuva to borrow.

Prophicies of Flesh and Metal:,This is a zero action so isn’t going to be useful for Banasuva to borrow. It also requires having the Destined +2 condition which probably isn’t going to happen.

So we are looking at Elemental Burst (token removal), Reckless Charge (High min damage attack with push that can only be used when charging), and Elemental Rage (Ca attack) as abilities that Banasuva might borrow from the Emissary. If you take the Emissary to power up Banasuva, Elemental Rage is probably what you’ll end up using the most. It’s cool to have a shooty Banasuva and all but I’m not sure it’s 10 points of cool. The other two abilities that are usefuk seem too situational to justify bringing the Effigy.

• Thanks 1

• Adran pinned this topic
13 hours ago, Fictor said:

Can't reply before, but you, guys, resolve the things like I think, thx for it

In other order of things that post will be sticked? I have in mind to another for Ramos, but I spend a lot of time on that, and if it will be forget in the forum I can be reconsidered :(

<MODHAT> I've stickied this for now. A thread  would need to be useful enough to be worth lots of people looking at it over an extended period of time. to become a sticky.

Adding tags to the post then it becomes easier to search for it so its unlikely to be lost if you have good advice in it. </MODHAT>

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, WWHSD said:

Elemental Rage: I think this is the ability Banasuva will borrow alot if he’s got the buff that keeps him from moving. It turns into a 9 inch ranged attack that doesn’t randomize and isn’t affected by cover. It also has decent triggers on every suit. Unless you are fishing for a specific trigger or would prefer a Ca action over a Ml action, Bansuva will want to use his own attack when making close attacks.

Unfortunately, Commands in Earth only affects actions with the :ranged symbol. I've found that taking the emissary is only really good with Kandara and having some fun teleporting your big charger up the board into engagement with things.

17 minutes ago, DrayZed said:

Unfortunately, Commands in Earth only affects actions with the :ranged symbol. I've found that taking the emissary is only really good with Kandara and having some fun teleporting your big charger up the board into engagement with things.

Crap, you're right. So Banasuva would get a decent ranged attack out of the deal but not the extended range.