Reading is fundamental: Temporary Shielding

WWHSD

I found out tonight that I have been playing Temporary Shielding wrong all this time. I thought that you needed to discard Temporary Shielding to reduce the damage by two. Turns out you need to discard Temporary Shielding plus a card from your hand.

Am I the only one that has been doing this wrong? It’s obvious how it works when I reread the card, I must have not picked up on it the first time through and just assumed that it worked like Imbued Protection without the Df bonus.

0206-derek-zoolander-vh1-films-paramount

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/01/2018 at 9:21 AM, Fictor said:

Those things happents to me in other situations, just in this case I was do it well, Sandeep need so much cards to work if you pay atention, Beacon, Temporal, Flurry, sometines you doesn't have the card and the Mage must die :huh:

Action Through Inaction! I find myself regularly cycling 4-5 cards a turn using this ability. Really really underrated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hollingydale said:

Action Through Inaction! I find myself regularly cycling 4-5 cards a turn using this ability. Really really underrated.

That’s impressive. I’ve always found that the logistics of using that ability keep me from getting much use out of it. I never seem to have the spare AP to dedicate to it. I don’t know that I’ve played a game where I used ‘Action Through Inaction’ 4-5 times total.

Do you bring healing other than Sandeep’s ram trigger on his push or do you just accept the risk of running around with a badly damaged Sandeep?.

I’m guessing that you are usually bringing some Academics other than the Mages that get to discard during your opponent’s activations to regularly get that many opportunities to use it in a turn.

15 minutes ago, Hollingydale said:

Normally have Kudra and a Vally, and medical automaton heals up sandeep and the mages quite nicely when needed.

The spare AP can be found once summoned models are out/no longer needed. Usually from Student of all though  or as a last AP action.

I forget that some people are already playing with models like the Automaton. Do you find that you are drawing more cards with him there healing Sandeep or do you just feel safer doing it?