Wong seems good enough

ElPuto

Yeah, Trixie isn't bad for it but her mobility boost is a bit limited in that she only has three Actions in general so if she Walks ahead and then Lures, that's only one extra Walk of movement. Also, she often likes Pushing the Swines when they are in Pig form so might not have time to Lure Wong all that much. She does help but doesn't solve the movement problem wholly.

Gracie, Old Major and Piglets are all good options to move Wong around for his (3) action. Of the 3 Old Major probably has the most flexibility due to his ability to move Wong close enough to him with a (0) so that he can be picked up by using saddle when Old Major walks. Old Major buffs the Swine Cursed when they charge in pig form and can actually make Wong work surprisingly well running mainly pigs.

8 hours ago, DonCheadle said:

No love for Wrastlers and Lightning Bugs? They seem like a ton of fun if nothing else. 

Lightning bugs are good models which never perform for me.

Wrastlers imo are traps that look good.

I do like Wong's new 3pt attack, but it is hard to get off in game. I tend to take it more in fun lists

7 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Wong's Df Trigger is just a basic Squeel so it only works against Enemy Attacks.

But Gracie (or Old Major) with a Saddle is a great way to transport Wong for long distances. Gracie is also a fine target for Glowy.

Hah! I always forget something...

Yeah, Gracie is a mean Glowy target, if you're happy having a more Ml focused threat. Hold onto those high :ram and she can offer a 5/7/9 damage track, ignoring many Df things. With Reactivate. Which means she'd Regenerate twice (although, she'd kinda need to with taking 3 damage to reactivate. Or just hit her with a Hog Whisperer for a 1 dmg reactivate. He could also help move her upfield a little more quickly...). Great choice.

8 hours ago, edopersichetti said:

Yes, but now he's even more expensive than before! Not sure he's really worth it, at least not all the time.

I think shooting platform which can hit hard from 14'' ignoring cover, not randomizing when shooting into engagement and defensive techs is worthy 11SS.

He kills peons/minions/enforcers with ease and puts enormous pressure on masters/henchmen

13 hours ago, daniello_s said:

I think shooting platform which can hit hard from 14'' ignoring cover, not randomizing when shooting into engagement and defensive techs is worthy 11SS.

He kills peons/minions/enforcers with ease and puts enormous pressure on masters/henchmen

I mean don't get me wrong he's really good, but he still only has 2 attacks. His defenses are not all that crazy either. Sometimes I prefer the extra mobility/extra attack of a reckless model like Burt or even Whiskey Golem (who has a heal and better defensive tricks), and use the stones I saved for extra bodies or upgrades!

As an example, in my last game with Wong I was planning to bring Tavish plus a Boar to harass the enemy (and use the swampfiend trigger for Sh 7), but with the same SS amount (16) I hired Burt + Trixie instead and they were really instrumental for winning the game.

So I can see bringing Tavish in certain situations but not all the time (which was probably the whole point of the errata in the first place).

On 02/02/2018 at 2:03 AM, Math Mathonwy said:

Yeah, Trixie isn't bad for it but her mobility boost is a bit limited in that she only has three Actions in general so if she Walks ahead and then Lures, that's only one extra Walk of movement. Also, she often likes Pushing the Swines when they are in Pig form so might not have time to Lure Wong all that much. She does help but doesn't solve the movement problem wholly.

Yeah, I much prefer Trixie for Pushing enemies & Pigs. Using her to drag up other Gremlins has always been too hard, since she has to get up ahead of them first.