Steamfitter condition and red joker ?

hemgath

Question

Dear All,

I have a question about the "Reinforced Sheet Armor +1"* condition...

How doe's it work if flip a red joker damage ?
You stack moderate + weak ? or you don't stack ? Or other thing ?

* "reinforced Sheet armor +1": If this model would suffer Severe damage, it instead suffers Moderate damage...

6 answers to this question

Based on the FAQ question 34 it just does moderate

34. What, exactly, is the Red Joker? What damage category does it count as dealing? What is the printed suit
counted as?
The Red Joker has a value of 14 and a wild suit, chosen by the player it belongs to when it is flipped or played.
For all game purposes, the suit chosen by the player counts as having been printed on the card. Although
the Red Joker deals an amount of damage equal to Severe plus Weak, it counts as dealing Severe damage for
the purposes of any rules which reference damage categories (for example, Molly’s Revelation Attack Action
would inflict Paralyzed on the target in the case of Red Joker damage, and Nix’s Weakness Ability would
reduce the Red Joker to Moderate damage).

On 17/01/2018 at 4:28 AM, Erik1978 said:

I know what you're thinking: "Are Steamfitters really that powerful to also negate a red joker damageflip, on top of giving out armor, a superb condition against severe damage, taking back the red joker from your own discard pile etc.?!"

Yes. Yes they are. :)

Yeah they just seem too card hungry to me... unless you have someone else generating scrap for them.

• Agree 1