retnab

1 hour ago, MetaphoricDragn said:

So general consensus seems to be that Tina is fairly middle of the road Master wise.  Seems to me that most would probably gravitate to Sandeep, Marcus, Ramos, or Ironsides first in most scenarios.  Therefore I am curious, what do you think Rasputina needs/is missing to really pop?

Like a lot of Arcanist masters, I think her overpriced upgrades need to get a bit of a discount. I don’t think it’s unusual for Rasputina to run around with a scheme runner’s worth of upgrades on.

Some of her thematic models could also use a bit of a look. It think they pay a premium for Frozen Heart and in matchups without much Paralyzation or Horror duels it doesn’t really have much value. The Ice Golem still isn’t a good hire even after getting the price reduction. It’s an expensive summon to bring in (it’s harder to summon than a Hanged or a Jorogumo) and unless you have activation control it’s likely to be killed before it can activate.

• Agree 2

Be killed and explode for 4 to a large number of models (that blast off a 50mm base is not insignificant) after sucking at least a couple of AP.

Look at it as a (1) action that paralyzes a model and deals blast damage. It's not bad at all if you pick your moment. Otherwise just stick to summoning gamin and blowing things off the board.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, admiralvorkraft said:

Be killed and explode for 4 to a large number of models (that blast off a 50mm base is not insignificant) after sucking at least a couple of AP.

Look at it as a (1) action that paralyzes a model and deals blast damage. It's not bad at all if you pick your moment. Otherwise just stick to summoning gamin and blowing things off the board.

A 1 AP action that requires a severe card, soulstone, and scrap marker. Hopefully, it damages more of your opponent’s models than your own. I expect a little more from what I believe might be the hardest model in the game for a master to summon (I think it’s tied with Ramos summoning 3 spiders).

Snowstorm is 4 damage, Ice Golem is 3.

rules question about bite of winter from the ice gamin. If the frozen heart model that benefits from the bite of winter aura hits a model with an attack action that does not deal damage. For example I'm thinking about attacks such as Rasputina's freeze over or her shatter attack. Does the victim receive 1 damage?

1 hour ago, Franchute said:

rules question about bite of winter from the ice gamin. If the frozen heart model that benefits from the bite of winter aura hits a model with an attack action that does not deal damage. For example I'm thinking about attacks such as Rasputina's freeze over or her shatter attack. Does the victim receive 1 damage?

You have to deal damage for the +1 damage to kick in. I could have sworn there was something in the FAQ but I wasn’t able to find it.

• 5 months later...