retnab

3 hours ago, Patzer said:

@Hollingydale what upgrades do you tend to take when running aggressive Rasputina builds? 

Enveloped in Ice

Decembers pawn

Cold Nights

I don't tend to use ice mirror, or shattered mirror, mostly because if you declare a trigger off of them it isn't at full power and with snowstorm and other models in the crew she is mobile enough to get a straight shot herself

Also, Cold Night's discard for +4 defence to an action is the best bit of that card! if an opponent focuses or stones for a trigger, or whatever, with a decent card you pretty much guarantee it will fail at game changing moments 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hollingydale said:

I don't tend to use ice mirror, or shattered mirror, mostly because if you declare a trigger off of them it isn't at full power and with snowstorm and other models in the crew she is mobile enough to get a straight shot herself

Does this mean you dont necessarily consider frozen heart models when building your crew? I am wondering how Rasputina would perform with minis like mages and/or maybe the captain.

42 minutes ago, Franchute said:

Does this mean you dont necessarily consider frozen heart models when building your crew? I am wondering how Rasputina would perform with minis like mages and/or maybe the captain.

I still take frozen heart models, but mostly because I like to play in theme and there is still a lot of synergy.

Wendigo, Ice Gamin, Snowstorm are autotake, second ice gamin is useful and at that point you have so much synergy with snowstorms (0), the ice gamins +1 dmg aura, sub zero on FH minions and ice mirror (still useful) you may as well go full FH... if your entire sub zero crew except snowstorm is ending their activation after 1 melee that's a HUGE deal I find! I haven't really considered taking non-frozen heart models as I've never really seen the need... the crew I hire usually does the job.

50 SS Arcanists Crew
Rasputina + 6 Pool
 - Cold Nights (1)
 - Enveloped In Ice (2)
 - December's Pawn (2)
Wendigo (3)
Snow Storm (11)
 - Sub Zero (1)
December Acolyte (7)
Union Steamfitter (6)
Ice Dancer (6)
Ice Gamin (4)
Ice Gamin (4)

This is my standard list but the steamfitter, acolyte, ice dancer and second ice gamin could be swapped for pretty much anything I guess? Always helps to have a second gamin for the (0) tho!

Steamfitter and ice gamin can make use of a shitty hand while putting armour on snowstorm or the acolyte (armour +1 acolytes lol), and the fitter should be drawing a decent card into your hand as he does it so there is almost never a need to stone for cards unless you're setting up the ultimate nuke and the hand you've tailored just won't cut it.

Remember you can use low tomes to cycle cards with overpower on pillars or the +2 armour action (wendigo or otherwise)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Franchute said:

I am wondering how Rasputina would perform with minis like mages and/or maybe the captain.

I haven’t played Rasputina much but when I did the Captain was great after getting Armor +2 and Frozen Heart from the Wendigo. It made him feel as durable as a Henchman with his cost should be. His ability to move without taking disengaging strikes was great for either getting to a good spot to be a mirror or to get a model that needed moving in to LoS. That was back when he was 12 points.

I don’t have Snow Storm so the Captain was there to help Raputina with her movement issues.

12 hours ago, Hollingydale said:

This is my standard list but the steamfitter, acolyte, ice dancer and second ice gamin could be swapped for pretty much anything I guess? Always helps to have a second gamin for the (0) tho!

I guess in an aggressive Raspy list like this you should probably include the Arcane Effigy to maximise the damage output from her blasts.

On 2018-02-11 at 7:38 PM, Franchute said:

I think Rasputina is more or less all the shooting you need, so I wouldn't rate the mages that high with her. Captain, maybe now when he is cheaper, but I dont know... The real non fh star is Myranda. 

On 2018-02-11 at 4:37 PM, Hollingydale said:

Enveloped in Ice

Decembers pawn

Cold Nights

Also, Cold Night's discard for +4 defence to an action is the best bit of that card! if an opponent focuses or stones for a trigger, or whatever, with a decent card you pretty much guarantee it will fail at game changing moments 

Quite a balanced approach still! I have a hard time leaving home without Cold Nights for similar reasons, and on most boards 4 50mm markers gives so much control. Yet, I have tried a full cache, Imbued Energies, seize the day, and December's pawn build. Its an all eggs in one basket thing, but its a nice option in certain games. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/03/2018 at 3:24 PM, MetaphoricDragn said:

If you want to go down a particularly blasty Tina route, what tools would you recommend to force enemy models out into the open?

Only pick her if there isn't much terrain where the strategy will force the enemy to go if they want points. Using AP to push an enemy just so Raspy can blast them is rarely more effective than using those original AP to damage them.

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, daniello_s said:

Is Tina and her Frozen crew good in GG18 environment?

She is picked mostly for Ours, sometimes for Public Executions, but due to a fact that the condition requires LOS and doesn't stack it's pretty risky. She can also be nice defensive master for Symbols (Scoring Punish the Weak), although you'll need more scheme runners than with other masters (as she is very slow and it's impossible to remove Symbols with her.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a quick question about Raspy's Ice Pillars.  The Ice Pillars count as Terrain Markers, correct? They have the impassible and blocking characteristics which are only given to terrain so following logic they are terrain markers... but it doesnt specifically say they are in the action so i wanted to ask here to make sure. 

This mostly has to do with pushing the Supply Wagon through the markers. Thanks!

The funny thing is I can't think of anything she really *needs*.  Her problem isn't a lack of something, but just that the crews/models that are counters to her are HARD counters, and that's what holds her back.

That said, one thing I've been wishlisting for are some kind of models that modify spells that are Ice Mirror'd through them (for example, the Ice Mirror'd model can take a damage to give the Action a :blast) but I don't know how realistic that is.

• Agree 1