Lucius has a freind?

izikial

Hi. Has anyone tried serena bowman with lucius. Lucius using deep pockets, condisending and aether protection (you could go for wings as a replacment for any of them). First turn serena stays near lucius. Lucius stones for cards and then stones for abilitys killing serena. Then bring serena back and do it again. Thanks to condesending you get a ss back every time she dies. Use this to fuel a ss heavy henchman.

• Like 1

Lucius doesn't stone for cards. You stone for cards which means no Devil's Deal on stoning for cards. Otherwise, yes, it would appear you could Devil's Deal her dead and then bring her back in the Deployment... at the End of the Turn. So, unless she activated prior to Lucius, you would lose her activation that turn.

That's fine, but you stated he stones for cards - it's not he - and in the same sentence say kill her (after saying stones for abilities). I'm just being clear to you or anyone reading this, Lucius does not stone for cards and therefore you cannot Devil's Deal off that card cycle.

Otherwise, yes, she'll make an interesting battery. But since she does "re-spawn" back in deployment, it may be of limited use depending on where Lucius is on the table. 

But thank you for pointing this out. I'm eager to see it in action.

• Like 1

Lucius can easily stay with two 6" walks of is deployment zone. 

The fact that Lucius rarely needs stones to fuel his abilities so you might as well just bring a bigger cache and a model you had actually intended to use is another matter. That's 8ss for her and condescending that you could just have used for a full cache and a 5ss model.

Maybe with an assassinate equivalent in the pool so you can spend defensive stones like candy?

Assassinate type pool, making someone else (Mimic or Guardsman) the sucker and Suprisingly Loyal the attack over to them (and Devils Dealing for the stone over to her if the sucker can’t take it), bringing the sniper (only using just one stone per turn on that)... I guess stoning for the ram in Issue Command... or the mask in What Lackeys are a For (another once per turn)... but yeah, I’m not sure I see him using that many stones that quickly under normal circumstances.

Then again, handing out focus three times (or healing later in the game) and taking a sniper shot will kill her and could be beneficial and that could happen each turn.

Edited by MCOLL81
Suprisingly Loyal is Guardsman and Mimic only and she is neither
  • Like 1

You want suckers to die turn four or later now I think so you will not want to sacrifice her yourself and get screwed on the points.

I guess just going all out andsuiting every command and taking the sniper will let ou kill her but I rarely even bring the sniper these days and I very often prefer the buily in push over the focus or heal so you might be giving yourself suits you don't even need just for the heck of it. Protection against assassinations is sweet though, Lucius always dies for me.

She isn't a mimic i the app so iu cannot shove attacka onto her though. You will need a guardsman or mimic close for that (unless the app is wrog).

• Like 1

You’re right... I forgot about the Mimic and Guardsman clause in  all of the excitement.

Sometimes the mask/push is needed. Sometimes a heal will save the model. Sometimes a focus will kill theirs.

Of course it's all situational, but trying to make the best use of your tools for the situation is part of the game. Does this gives me (and Lucius) another tool, I’m intrigued to find out.

Sorry, didn't mean to go all negative on you. It's a really fun interaction! :)

I was kind of bummed when the classy lady we saw art for turned half-naked so I'm probably not getting the Serena model. I do think from the shadows will also allow some really silly tricks and she will be a lot of fun in general.

I will probably be trying 2-3 guild guard as batteries, "bodyguards" and activations.