Lady J grow league

Corwin

Tonight I had game one of this round of fixed master grow league that my local henchman runs. In these leagues I like to only play with models I have not played with till the league. This time I'm going with Lady J. My first game was vs the Vicks. He had the two Vicks, Bishop, a void wretch, and a Wokou Raider. I brought Lady J, Ryle, a Death Marshall, and a Death Marshall Recruiter. His first activation of round 2 unleashed the cyclone of death onto to Lady J. 5 ss and 8 attacks latter she finally fell. Bishop used the oathkeeper to walk twice and charge my Death Marshall killing her with ease. Ryle avenged the leader of the Death Marshalls by killing the Vic of Ashes, who in turn died to Bishops fists next turn. Vic of Blood chain activated and tried to take out my last model. Two 13s later he still stood only taking one hit. In response he tries to take the last few wounds off of her. He makes the hit, weak will kill her and flips the black joker for damage. Wokou raider finishes the job. Vicks won 8-4

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had my second game with Lady J today. I played vs Ramos. I had

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: Lady 30 30ss 
Leader: Lady Justice - Cache:(4)
   Swordfighter 1ss 
   Justice Unleashed 1ss 
   Ashwood Coffin 2ss 
The Judge 8ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
Death Marshal Recruiter 7ss 
   Plant Evidence 1ss 
Guild Austringer 6ss 

He had

Declared Faction: Arcanists 
Crew Name:  30ss 
Leader: Ramos - Cache:(3)
Howard Langston 12ss 
   Imbued Energies 1ss 
Coryphee 7ss 
Steam Arachnid 4ss 
Electric Creation 4ss 

I don't remember what upgrades Ramos had had. It was close deployment.  Public Execution was the strategy. The schemes were

Eliminate the leadership

search the ruins,

take prisoner,

take one for the team.

I won the initiative having him go first. He moved  the electric creation forward making sure he was in range of Ramos. Lady J walked and used acrobatic assault on it killing it and flipping away making it not drop a scrap, and discarding card to get + flips vs Howard as a safty. The Steam arachnid walks forward to be an anchor for Ramos as another way to make scrap. My Judge shoots at the robot bug hurting it once but because of me cheating first he cheated high enough to keep it from being killed and not droppng scrap. Ramos magnetizes it to death and trys to Summon off the scrap but due to a horrorable hand fails with a positive from a stone flippng two 6s needing a 8 and having nothing higher then a 7. Howard and the Coryphee  go down opposite flanks. My other guys take pop shots.

Turn 2 I again win initiative going first with Lady J. She walked forward uses  her 0 to remove the scrap and uses acrobatic result to engage Ramos again discards two cards Vs Howard. The Coryphee continues down the flank dropped a scheme marker along the way. The Judge  pulls it closer with his 0 walks up to it and hit it once. Howard drops a scheme marker and walks towards the center. My  recruiter uses his 0 to push towards the Coryphee and swings at it failing to connect.  Ramos trys to punch Lady J failing  and once I get my defensive trigger RJing in Damage hitting him for 9 minus 2 for armor getting me my first point for eliminate the leadership. Turn 3 Lady J fails to kill Ramos and jumps away to engage Howard. Howard go fast uses flurry and with those 3 attacks  and his fast AP kills Lady J. The recruiter tales the last wound off the Coryphee scoring one for him for  Take One for the Team. The Judge shoots Ramos twice killing him scoring me my other 2 vp for eliminate the leadership.

Turn 4 my Austringer walks and removes a scheme marker. Howard drops 2 more scheme to insure covert breakthrough. I move my my recruiter forward to score covert breakthrough myself.

Turn 5 Howard trys to kill the Judge and fails, the Judge fails to kill him in turn. My Austringer issues orders to the recruiter, who then walks and places a second scheme marker. Game ends and recruier places the third marker with plant evidence scorn me 3 points for Covert breakthrough. Game ends 7-4

A very long winded report had a great second outing with Lady J. It was a bad match up for him, at 30ss games can go one sided fast. I liked figuring out with an Austringer and some one with plant evidence you can get covert breakthrough last turn. I find I really like s large ss cache to supprt having Lady in the thick of things

• Like 1

Great to read, sounds like it went well for you. I'm loving Swordfighter for Lady J, makes her into the character she was always meant to be. I may have to start taking Justice Unleashed a bit more it is sounding more and more useful the further I think on it.

Looking forward to hearing more of the league.

• 3 weeks later...

I had my third anf forth games this week. These were at 40 ss. The first  was Flank deployment with a strat of Collet the Bounty, schemes of, line in the sand, bodyguard, breakthrough, Entourage, and out flank. I got paired this round vs Ramos again. I took 

40ss 
   Justice Unleashed 1ss 
   Swordfighter 1ss 
   Ashwood Coffin 2ss 
The Judge 8ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
Ryle 10ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Guild Pathfinder 6ss 
Guild Austringer 6ss 
Clockwork Trap 2ssI 
He had

Declared Faction: Arcanists 
Crew Name:  30ss 
Leader: Ramos - Cache:(3)
Howard Langston 12ss 
   Imbued Energies 1ss 
Coryphee 7ss 
Killjoy 13ss 
Electric Creation 4ss 

I reveled Line in the Sand and Out Flank, he reviled Out Flank. He deployed first putting all his crew except Killjoy on one leg and Killjoy on the other. This was because of Ashwood coffin and did not want Lady J killing him before he poped up. I deployed my crew opposite of his crew With A Clockwork trap in one corner in the guild Pathfinder in the other.

He started same as last move the electrical creation forward but it was just out of range for the Judge to pull it closer and shoot it to stop the spider summoning engine. Ramos made 3 spiders off the electrical creation My pathfinder droped a scheme marker moved deeper in the corner and set a trap to prevent a charge from the coryphee. In response the coryphee moved in position to charge next turn Judge shot a spider letting Lady J jump at it and finish it off. Everybody else moved closer together Howard moved just outside of Lady J's charge range.

He wins  initiative and Howard uses IE and nimble walks then charges Lady J. He flipped the BJ on one damage and did min damage on the other 2 not getting his trigger on any of them. My pathfinder  set another trap so there was not enough room for the coryphee to get through, pinged a wound of it. The coryphee charged a trap pinging a wound off it and pushinging over to the other one. My Austringer hits a spider with his trigger to make him discard the cards that he wanted to kerp Howard alive with.Ryle hit Howard twice as the the spiders close in  on the corner with the trap. The Judge finishes off Howard, pulls a spider and hits with a shot killing it Lady J moves then charges Ramos. She hits him once and gets pushed away with his trigger. Ramos responds by moving away and making more spiders and then zaps Lady J.

Turn 3 no one died, the Judge with help from the austringer places 2 marker on the center line. Ramos punches lady J flipping severe on a negative  and pulls himself away. I saved Lady for last thinking she should have no problem killing a half dead spider and don't flip higher then a 3 on her 3 attaks 

Turn 4 he revealed bodyguard on Killjoy.  My pathfinder hands out one  more damage to the coryphee. He kills my trap I. The corner with a spider and Ramos makes 3 more out of the scrap locking down that corner.

Turn 5 Killjoy gets deeper in my zone out of range to try to take it down. The Judge walks and places the 4th marker down. Which a spider picked up. My Austringer walks and places a 4th marker which another spider picked up. The Coryphee used bindings on the pathfinder twice missing once giving out slow. My pathfinder with a 13 of Mask in hand shots the coryphee cheating in the ignore armor trigger stopping him from getting a third point for outflank the game ends 5 to 5. Forth report to come.

• Like 1

Game 4 was vs Hoffman 

Standard deployment 

Strategy: Ply for information

Schemes: surround them, set up, hold up their forces, take prisoner, recover evidence

I took Set up and recover evidence

I had

Crew Name: lady 40 40ss 
   Justice Unleashed 1ss 
   Swordfighter 1ss 
   Implacable 1ss 
The Judge 8ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
   Unrelenting Leader 2ss 
Ryle 10ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
   Pieces of Myself 1ss 
Guild Pathfinder 6ss 
Guild Austringer 6ss 

He had

Crew Name: Josh Hof 40ss 
Leader: C. Hoffman - Cache:(3)
   Arcanist Assets 1ss 
   Field Mechanic 2ss 
   Improved Harness 1ss 
Dr. Alexei Sokolov 10ss 
Miss Step 12ss 
Watcher 4ss 
Metal Gamin 4ss 
Riotbreaker 6ss 

He deployed first I deployed defensively behind a house with my Pathfinder 5 or so inches outside my deployment zone.

Turn one Hoffman handed out upgrades to Miss Step +1 armor, and the interact one to the watcher. He then pushed Miss Step up the board. The Judge and Ryle walk forward and drop scheme markers. My Pathfinder set a Trap (biggest mistake of the Game) between him and Miss Step. That was not enough and Miss Step charged and killed my Pathfinder. Watcher walks around the table droppng markers around the table edge.

Turn 2 Ryle walks and pushes to engage Hoffman and the Riotbreaker. Dr. Alex  charges Ryle and takes 6 wounds off him. The Judge has Ryle take 4 swings on Dr. Alex Bringing him down to hard to kill. Miss Step plied the trap took his nimble walk towards Ryle and kills him. Lady J jumped over stabbed the riot breaker  and couldnt quite reach Dr. Alex so stabbed Hoffman instead. The Metal Gamin plied Lady J. The Austringer had Lady J  Ply Hoffman. Watcher walks more.

Turn 3 i start with the Austringer having Lady J Ply. Miss Step Charged the Judge hurting him but not killing him. The Judge took a lot of attacks hitting all the right trigges leaving Miss Step  with one wound.  Hoffman pushes and Heals Dr. Alex. The watcher is going around dropping markers for surround them. 

Turn 4 I remember to reveal recover evidence. Austringer has Lady J ply. Miss Step kills the Judge and the Austringer. Lady J kills the riot breaker and grabs an evidence marker.

Turn 5 only thing left on my side is grabing an evidence marker then is killed.

Game ends 6-4 for Hoffman. If I didn't set a trap the 3 he got for ply might not have been such a sure thing.

I had my first 50ss game with her Sunday. It was vs Molly. It was blind deployment with a strategy that your scored 1 vp at the end of the turn  if none of your models died that turn. The schemes were Vendetta, power ritual, distract, take prisoner, and murder protege. I took murder protege and vendetta with Ryle vs the Rouge Nerco.

My list was 
   Swordfighter 1ss 
   Justice Unleashed 1ss 
   Badge of Office 2ss 
Ryle 10ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
The Judge 8ss 
   Flames of the Pit 2ss 
The Jury 8ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
Exorcist 7ss 
Death Marshal Recruiter 7ss 

He took
Leader: Molly Squidpiddge - Cache:(3)
   Forgotten Life 1ss 
   Take Back The Night 1ss 
Necrotic Machine 2ss 
Philip and the Nanny 8ss 
   My Little Helper 1ss 
Madame Sybelle 8ss 
   My Little Helper 1ss 
Rogue Necromancy 10ss 
Rotten Belle 5ss 
Rotten Belle 5ss 
Crooligan 4ss 

With the deployment I ended up with Lady J in the center and the rest of her crew in the far right quarter (from my perspective), with the nercotic machine in the center of my crew.

Turn one he used both MLHs. My exorcist killed the nercotic machine. Molly beat up on the DMR as Lady J triple walked to get Phillip ready to charge next turn. The Judge shoots at the Crooligan who had dropped a Marker and went defensive. Everone else repositioned. 

Turn two: A belle lures the DMR into snack range of the Rogue Nerco. The DMR pulls towards a belle and double walks behind the Jury. In response to his snack running away the Rogue Nerco eats the Jury.  Ryle shambles around the building trying to get a shot on the Rouge Nerco. Molly summons a punk Zombie between Ryle and the DMR. She trys whisper something to the Judge but cheating the RJ saved him from negatives on everything. The Judge shoots the Crooligan killing it. Lady J charges and uses her other AP finishing off Phillip.

Turn 3: Molly gets the ball rolling by summoning two more Punk Zombies between Ryle and the DMR. She trys to whisper to Ryle who again with a cheated RJ dose not hear her. Then chains into the non slowed Punk Zombie who flurries on Ryle who between flipping tomes and having low ones in my hand only scratches him. The DMR pulls himself at a belle charges her and finishes her off. The Rogue Nerco charges the DMR and finishes him off. The Judge shoots at the Rouge Nerco gets his trigger for another shot leaving him with 3 wounds. Here I thought about giving up the 3 points for Vendetta by killing it but decided to hurt Madame Sybelle instead. Lady J triple walks to get back to the fight conveniently ending up in a spot Ryle can push off of. Ryle uses DttG pushes out of engagement from the punk zombies walks and shoots killing the Rogue Nerco getting me 6 vp.

Turn 4 i kill a Sybelle and 2 Punk Zombies   and he kills Ryle. 

Turn 5 No one is killed.

I won 8-4. My deck was on fire that game. I drew 4+ severe cards most turns, I flippd 3 moderate and 1 severe on 4 diffrent double negative flips. I read alot of people not liking the Judge but I have had great luck with him. It was half way through the game when I realized his upgrade gave relentless to all Death Marshall in play not just him. This game was alot of fun.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Corwin said:

Boy it' a good thing I didn' notice till late in the game because I read it wrong anyway, that makes me reconsider how good that up grade is for its cost. The terrifying was not bad though.

Two ss for terrifying is pretty steep. I think most people leave that at home. The other upgrade for the Judge is also expensive but giving :-fate to anyone attacking his WP can be handy as well. As a general rule I think making Judge immune to enemy conditions for 1ss and boosting damage with debt for 1ss is better than either of those two.

Had my final league game. Standard deployment, the strategy was Ours. The schemes were 

Dig their graves,Hold up their forces, Set up, Take one for the team, and the suited Guarded treasure. I took DTG and HUTF

My list was
   Swordfighter 1ss 
   Badge of Office 2ss 
Scales of Justice 3ss 
Ryle 10ss 
The Judge 8ss 
   Unrelenting Leader 2ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
The Jury 8ss 
Guild Austringer 6ss 
Miss Terious 6ss 

His list was
Leader: Asami Tanaka - Cache:(3)
   Borrowed Time 1ss 
   Nefarious Pact 2ss 
Amanjaku 3ss 
Ohaguro Bettari 8ss 
Yasunori 13ss 
Obsidian Oni 6ss 
Obsidian Oni 6ss 
Akaname 4ss 
Tengu 4ss 

I had one of those games that everything flipped in my favor. I set up first on ether side of the the middle line he split his crew into two, with half in each quarter. We took turns moving models up. He moved up one quarter of the board at a time. He finished the first one with Yas looking threatening infrount of an Obsidian Oni and a Tengu. I triple walked Lady J within 2" of Yas and hoped I got initiative. The Austringer delivered orders to the Judge who placed a marker within 4" of the Tengu. 

Turn 2 I get initiative and draw 3 severe and the RJ. Start with Lady J who discards the two junk cards and gets the + vs Yes. Hits for the first swing for 7. At this point I realize she is standing within 6" of the center so I use acrobatic assault killing Yas and getting counterstance. The Tengu  bites Lady J dealing 1 after prevention. Fails with the second suffering 4 with riposte. The Judge finishes of the Tengu securing one for DTG. The Obsidian oni walks up to Lady J and takes a swing missing and I flip two severe leaving it at 1 wound.             The other half of the table Miss Terious places a Marker within 4 of that sides Obsidian Oni. Ohaguro cursed Ryle and scraches Miss Terious. The Obsidian oni charges Ryle missed one and I got his trigger the 2nd time. Asami pulls Miss Terious in beats up on her and pushes away. Ryle pushes away and shoots the Obsidian. The Austringer gives orders to Miss Terious pushing her back into engagement with Asami to get me one for HUTF.

Turn 3 Ohaguro kills Miss Terious. The Judge kills his side's Oni for DTG.  My last activation I triple walk Lady J between Ohaguro and Asami to get one for HUTF. At this point he called it.

• Like 1

I really had a blast playing her. She is good at making something dead if she can get to it. I see alot of  potential for her using more choices them the 75ss i had in my pool. I want to try her with Frank and the effigy see what her staying power turns into. Defense 5 is so easy to push an ad attack through. I like saving her till the end when their hand is down so I can see padding her activation count with gg.

• Like 1