Sign in to follow this  
Nef

Iron Painter - Final Results & Prizes

@Philosfr Thank you! 

@DarthSlider Thank you too! I'd have loved to see what you could have done without having to redo. I can empathise, an attempt at a swamp board resulted in half of the board dissolving when water effects were added a few years ago.

It's been an amazing first Iron Painter and a daunting learning curve, but it's also inspiring to see how good you can get.

I'm pretty sure Christmas suffered for it, but the mad part of me is tempted to try again next year. 

Thanks and Congratulations to everyone who competed and especially my opponents.

Thanks to the organizers and participants for this event. it was difficult and interesting. Waiting for the next contest

Congratulation to every person who made it till the end! That was thought challenge! I learned a lot of new stuff and I saw huge bunch of beautiful works!
Definitely I will try my self next time!

And the most important thanks for organizers and judges! Without you such nice event will not happen:)

Wow, I survived in bronze to the very end and I get to take home a prize! I wasn't expecting that. This has been a wonderful experience, I'm so glad that I finally joined in after years of following Wyrd. Thank you everyone for making this such a memorable event. 

Anyone else feel that there’s a miniature sized hole in their life right now? What to do now? When’s the next competition? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, icatsai said:

Anyone else feel that there’s a miniature sized hole in their life right now? What to do now? When’s the next competition? 

I agree, I haven't picked up my brushes since last entry

14 hours ago, icatsai said:

Haha, yeah a little bit. There's a wyrd feeling of needless to paint something urgently. That's why I cleaned my workplace very well, blowed off the dust from miniature collection and watched several TV shows at once.:lol:

Congratulation to every body ! As usual in IP, I've seen very beautiful and inspirational pieces all the way....

time to rebase all my pieces for gaming   ... and restart all projects "freezed" by Iron painter ( got one hundred viking waiting on my workbench....)

On 14/01/2018 at 12:45 PM, icatsai said:

Definitely feeling this. Painted a project in the iron painter spaced two week slot but no urgent requirement to upload it and share excitement with every body. I’m missing the adrenaline buzz!

21 minutes ago, glamage said:

Definitely feeling this. Painted a project in the iron painter spaced two week slot but no urgent requirement to upload it and share excitement with every body. I’m missing the adrenaline buzz!

Adrenaline buzz... in my case it more like pure panic!

3 hours ago, icatsai said:

Adrenaline buzz... in my case it more like pure panic!

Haha it’s the same thing really! It just feels like gut wrenching panic at the time - now I just remember it as fun lol

On 1/14/2018 at 7:45 AM, icatsai said:

i am back to knitting and baking

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/14/2018 at 7:45 AM, icatsai said:

While not a competition, some of you may enjoy the self-challenge and comeradery found in the 2018 Monthly Painting Challenge found below. Still plenty of time to set and meet your commitment for January.

• Like 2

congrats to all who did all 5 rds. it was a struggle for sure and congrats to the winners. Everyone did spectacular work. 

See you next year

On 1/15/2018 at 5:31 AM, helldrad said:

Congratulation to every body ! As usual in IP, I've seen very beautiful and inspirational pieces all the way....

time to rebase all my pieces for gaming   ... and restart all projects "freezed" by Iron painter ( got one hundred viking waiting on my workbench....)

do they need Spam?

1 hour ago, icatsai said:

I miss knitting 

No finger flexibility, or no time? If your fingers are the issue, there’s neato mechanical knitting machines to learn and enjoy. Like going from hand-sewing to a sewing machine, the work is still yours, just faster.

7 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

No finger flexibility, or no time? If your fingers are the issue, there’s neato mechanical knitting machines to learn and enjoy. Like going from hand-sewing to a sewing machine, the work is still yours, just faster.

I started mini painting so my knitting time has all but vanished! 🤣🤣