Tara low budget start?

green-n-dumb

Hello!
Friend of mine after seeing Malifaux decided to get in. He likes Tara but i cant give him any tips because im playing gremlins and dont see resuresctionists often and never saw Tara in action.
I know only killjoy and nurse :D
I saw two 2016 guides which saying to buy:
First:

• Herald of Obliteration (Tara Box)
  • The Drowned
  • Guild Autopsies
  • Bete Noir

Second:

• Scion of the Void
  • Rotten Belle
  • Nurse
  • Anna Lovelace

Can you give some up to date tips and advices for low budget ressur Tara start in terms of GG18?

My base list for Tara is almost always

Tara 
Karina
Nothing Beast
2x Void Wretch
(^all from her crew box)

Scion of the void
(^solo box)

2x Death Marshals
(^box of 3 or in the Lady Justice Crew box)

Then you need some sommons, which all come in boxes of 3 but you really only need 1 or 2.
Guild autopsy (This is one case where I would get all 3), Drowned, Punk Zombie (if you get these you might as well get the Nicodem box which will give you some variety in masters as well, though Nico is likely the least budgetable Res master).

You can play this list as both Res or Outcast. Take this with a grain of salt though because my Tara list and play style seem to be very unpopular.

• Like 1

If your friend is on low budget, (s)he should not invest in summons. Personally, I don't think Karina is necessary at all. What your friend certainly need, are Rotten Belle which come in Seamus box or separately. Then he may think of supplementary beater - Archie, Rogue Necromancy or Bishop. Nurse used to be useful addition to Tara's crew, I don't think errata will change much in this respect.

Rudimentary tactica for every Strat using mentioned models:

Ply for Info: give fast to Belle, lure someone, Ply like crazy

Symbols of Authority: use Tara and Nurse to speed up your models (Bishop is particularily good in this strat) and start to remove opposing symbols from turn 2

Public Execution: give fast to Belle, lure someone, kill with beaters to gain condition

Ours: give fast to Belle, lure someone, kill with beaters to deny points

Supply Wagons: give fast to your 50mm models to push the wagon faster. prevent pushing it back with your 3'' engagement beater (NB or Archie).

Note that in this kind of crew burying happens only accidentaly, so if burying is the thing that made your friend attracted to Tara, then my advice may be a bit dissapointing.

• Thanks 1

Supply Wagons/Ply for information  plan b 

Forgo Eternal moments, and instead use lost Instants. No Interacting is very strong when they need to interact to score (obviously only useful if the Wagon isn't already in a scoring position, or you're intending to move it out of a scoring position).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Greetings to all.
I, the same friend, the author of the topic. today I tried to play a band of Tara plus a couple of separate models - Beti Noir and the Death Marshal. I liked it)))) I want to try Beti Noir in a ligament with Killjoy - whether advise is it worth it?

And another such question - please explain such a moment - if the Marshal has a model in his coffin, can the Marshal himself be buried and what will happen to the model in the coffin? will it be considered to be buried or is it exposed on a table?

sorry for my bad English.

I'm going to say that if you bury the Death Marshal the model in the box comes back out prior to the Marshal going away. The wording on Pine Box says that if the Marshal is "removed from play" which burying it would constitute.