January 2018 Errata

Lucidicide

6 hours ago, Shadowdragon said:

I'm a little worried about what this kind of errata means for the future of Malifaux. Each time a new wave of miniatures is released are a bunch of older models suddenly going to drop in SS cost? Is the problem that older models aren't good and overcosted, or is the problem that newer models are too good and undercosted? Maybe instead of cutting the costs of older models, newer ones should have been bumped up.

People get pissed when their models get negative errata so I think boosting the old ones no one takes is a good method. It's a lot more fun to get that kind of incentive.

• Like 4

Also, this is now year 6 of M2E. The developers have spent that time releasing 5 waves, each time getting better at adjusting costs for units. It's inevitable that the book 1 and 2 units in particular would be off based on how things have progressed. For example, Incorporeal and Armour becoming less valuable due to increasing amounts of attacks that can't have their damage reduced, however they were more valuable in the opening years of M2E as those attacks weren't as common.

I'm glad Wyrd recognise this and have spent an errata boosting (in most cases anyway) models that are very old, and aren't focused on making sure the new hot releases are those that sell.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Am I the only one, who think 3ss guards are THE MOST BROKEN thing in current meta state?
You can place like 10 of them and still have 19 ss to pick some tough guys.
They are not insignificant 6def 5 wounds with armor and tarpit-like abilitie. They are FAR better then doggos and any master will pick them as cheap decent activations.

Just now, FinalForm said:

Am I the only one, who think 3ss guards are THE MOST BROKEN thing in current meta state?
You can place like 10 of them and still have 19 ss to pick some tough guys.
They are not insignificant 6def 5 wounds with armor and tarpit-like abilitie. They are FAR better then doggos and like Any master will pick them as some not useless activations.

They are also Wk4 and can't do anything. Ml4 tarpits aren't great and the df6 hasa 3" range.

18 minutes ago, FinalForm said:

So, was it broken to be able to take 7 of them now?

You still have 22 points left for good models...

Don't get me wrong, the -1 is good, Guild Guard might actually see play now, but why should I consider them broken?

Nothing the model does changed, it's just more appropiatly costed for their crappy stats now :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FinalForm said:

I think they are far more then ok now with scheme pool of gg18 and w5 buff on Luc.
It need to be tested, but this is still pretty tough significant models for 3 ss. 

I think they would be better in GG17.  GG18 doesn`t really benefit you that much for having multiple models.

5 minutes ago, FinalForm said:

I think they are far more then ok now with scheme pool of gg18 and w5 buff on Luc.
It need to be tested, but this is still pretty tough significant models for 3 ss. 

Still, the ability to spam them was there before the errata too, so I don`t think that`s going to happen - you`ll take them to fill a list up, but they are not worth taking more than 4 imo.

39 minutes ago, trikk said:

They are also Wk4 and can't do anything. Ml4 tarpits aren't great and the df6 hasa 3" range.

Luc/queeg can speed them up if you need it. MI 4 attacks with + are meh, but still better then just MI 5 and most models can not kill them with one attack even with two this will be a hard task (you need to deal 6 dmg with 1 attack and 7 with two). And if you place say 7 of them- they will be in 3 for sure. Doggos need to be near each other to be significant while this dudes can operate solo. With little effect, but they sure can.

Luc/queeg can speed them up if you need it. MI 4 attacks with + are meh, but still better then just MI 5 and most models can not kill them with one attack even with two this will be a hard task (you need to deal 6 dmg with 1 attack and 7 with two). And if you place say 7 of them- they will be in 3 for sure. Doggos need to be near each other to be significant while this dudes can operate solo. With little effect, but they sure can.

Yes. But using Master/Henchman AP to speed up a 3SS minion isn`t the greatest use of AP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FinalForm said:

4 tough models for 12 ss is a very solid option to me
In fact never seen in malifaux before.

As I said, there I agree, but still not broken and still no 10 Guards and some rest as your initial statement was ;)

2 minutes ago, trikk said:

Yes. But using Master/Henchman AP to speed up a 3SS minion isn`t the greatest use of AP.

This depends on your goals. I was wreckt on last big tournament by dude with all-guardsman list with w5 Lucius and he played only this list for all 5 games ending up on 3rd place. I understand this is highly subjective, but to me as a guild player this showed alot. 

This depends on your goals. I was wreckt on last big tournament by dude with all-guardsman list with w5 Lucius and he played only this list for all 5 games ending up on 3rd place. I understand this is highly subjective, but to me as a guild player this showed alot. 

Did you play GG18?

• Like 1

marionettes are totems and dolls are 4 ss

Marionettes are 3SS tough significant minions. So 12 SS 4SS tough significant minions are not new to Mx.

nah it was about 4 month ago.

Thats a huge difference. Model spam isn`t that good now

Just now, trikk said:

Marionettes are 3SS tough significant minions. So 12 SS 4SS tough significant minions are not new to Mx.

Thats a huge difference. Model spam isn`t that good now

They are totems. Or i should concider 3 depleted and hungering darkness best 12ss tough guys in the universe? ;)

Maybe, I need to see it on board or test it for myself. From my little expirience- models like ice dancer and guild investigators are far worse now as we don't have that sweet claim jump anymore.

They are totems. Or i should concider 3 depleted and hungering darkness best 12ss tough guys in the universe? ;)

Thats not exactly the same thing because they have a cost. I understand there is a huge difference between something available faction-wise and not master-wise but I don`t think all Collodi players always use 4 of them.

I think Investigators are pretty boss and I can`t wait for the to be released.

• Like 1