January 2018 Errata

Lucidicide

1 minute ago, Von Woozle said:

Did this "errata" take you more than an afternoon.  Surely this is the start and you expand it further on another page?

They probably want to minimise the need to change text on the cards, so changing the costs is the compromise there. It trades some finesse for way more accessibility. This is a really large errata in regards to the number of models changed.

Looking forward to seeing how this all shakes out. I feel like Ressurectionists, Arcanists, and Guild benefited the most from the cost reductions, though I am happy to see a reduction on Thunder Archers, which I felt they needed. I think a few models in that list (Guild Guard, Desperate Mercenaries) might have benefited from either poking at other numbers on their card or non-number text, but overall I think it'll help to try and balance cost around power rather than power around cost for that many models.

11 minutes ago, Von Woozle said:

Did this "errata" take you more than an afternoon.  Surely this is the start and you expand it further on another page?

And what would you like to see on that other page?

Or, what would you say if that`s actually all of it?

Just curious.

Just now, Sergrum said:

Gremlins only faction to be nerfed all of the last 3 erratas, and get barely anything in return. Aaron truly does hate them!

They did get cheaper models this time too, whiskey and mancha for 9 doesn't seem that bad for example?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sergrum said:

Gremlins only faction to be nerfed all of the last 3 erratas, and get barely anything in return. Aaron truly does hate them!

I'm pretty happy as an ulix player. Can maybe use my wild boars now and i think i willtry mechanic pork. We still got a lot of cost reduction and the cuddled model deserved it (burt did for sure).

3 minutes ago, ConfuciuSay said:

So you decided not to fix Misaki?

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

The Storm changes to: "When damaging an enemy model, this model may place all resulting :blast Markers anywhere in 8" of this model and within Line of Sight. Markers placed in this way do not need to be touching each other."

This seems fixed to me...

Ooh, actually, in the app this said it no longer ignored reduction... I wonder if this one is the correct one?

6 minutes ago, ConfuciuSay said:

So you decided not to fix Misaki?

The storm got changed?

9 minutes ago, spinningPotato said:

Just painted Burt, was planning to use him as a merc... And now he's dead...

He`s still not a bad model for 9, but agreed, there might be more synergistic choices in your own faction.

But Reckless in a faction without it is still nice :)

9 minutes ago, Rillan said:

I think Rider buff is way to big. Now those buffed ones will be must have models. Too tanky for 10 SS. Ty boys

Auto takes?

Except for maybe Hooded, I wouldn`t say so, and he`s also just quite good, not an auto take imo.

9 minutes ago, Sergrum said:

Dont think it will be enough for the gremlins. I think this + GG18 will knock them down couple pegs

Let`s wait, try and see^^

I think Mah and Ulix are way better now, Zipps still in a good position, as are Somer and Wong.

Brewmaster got his buffs, but is maybe still better in Thunders.