January 2018 Errata

Lucidicide

Surprised the Torakage didn't drop a SS. I think they'd balance nicely against the 10T Bros. That said, I had actually forgot about them... Which is a shame as they are such nice models, just a tad over-costed. 

Also disappointed that Aeslin and Wicked Dolls didn't get anything. Don't think the dolls should drop in cost as Collodi already has Marionettes for 3ss but I think Aeslin for 8 would've helped a lot... (giving her armour would be better though!) 

A little surprised the Doppelganger didn't go up... I've never used her, but she's an auto-take for so many others for so long. It will be interesting to see if the drop in other's costs knocks her off... I don't think so as most people purely take her for the cheat Initiative crutch. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Merchant said:

I'd kind of like to see the cards get dropped for something that updates easier. I think Corvis Beli's  Infinity got it right. 

That game where you need the online crew builder to play a normal game?

Nah, hate that and it's one of the main reasons I dropped the game.

• Like 4

On 7.01.2018 at 1:33 PM, Tris said:

The biggest thing is that most "abilities" are common in each army which makes most models a combination of abilities.

Each Malifaux models is pretty unique IMHO

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tris said:

Sure or one of the 3 apps or print outs work as well. 

Then again we could have cards that are wrong, have to order new ones, get the wrong cards, end up writing on your own or just start memorizing the changes. Heck just a few months ago I picked up built the Red chapel box and and find out mid game that I'm luring too hard cause my boxes had old cards in them...

• Like 1

Just now, Merchant said:

Then again we could have cards that are wrong, have to order new ones, get the wrong cards, end up writing on your own or just start memorizing the changes. Heck just a few months ago I picked up built the Red chapel box and and find out mid game that I'm luring too hard cause my boxes had old cards in them...

Well, you have the app with cards now.

3 minutes ago, trikk said:

"broken rules"?

How about height / terrain to start with, the game is designed to be played in a 2d plane even as a 3d mini's game to start with.  Wording consistency, comprehensive timing chart would be nice or maybe just fixing kaeris, idk stuff like that.

Just now, Merchant said:

How about height / terrain to start with, the game is designed to be played in a 2d plane even as a 3d mini's game to start with.  Wording constancy, comprehensive timing chart would be nice or maybe just fixing kaeris, idk stuff like that.

This has absolutely nothing to do with cards and errata so I don`t see how this is valid.

Kaeris isn`t the best but she definitely can be played - we had 5 games of Kaeris @ ITC and he didn`t lose a game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trikk said:

This has absolutely nothing to do with cards and errata so I don`t see how this is valid.

Kaeris isn`t the best but she definitely can be played - we had 5 games of Kaeris @ ITC and he didn`t lose a game.

Valid? Valid to what? my opinion? That I will buy more models that I like,but don't want to pay for cards on an app that I already own. Especially when the rules on the app will rarely be updated? When a competitor does errata's that dont cost their customers. 

Do you have any links or logs or battle reps for kaeris, I'd love to read them.

27 minutes ago, Merchant said:

Or you can risk a look at their website every now and then, where they put up all the changes for free, you just have to print them out, the cards even have the right format :)

https://www.wyrd-games.net/malifaux-faq-errata/

• Like 2

Kaeris is great and I have done well with her fixed list at tourneys before. She's not as upfront as other masters but you just have to work around that.

For this version of errata I don't think I will order any cards as can use a free list builder to get the correct points and there is very little rules changes this time around 

11 minutes ago, Merchant said:

Valid? Valid to what? my opinion? That I will buy more models that I like,but don't want to pay for cards on an app that I already own. Especially when the rules on the app will rarely be updated? When a competitor does errata's that dont cost their customers. 

Do you have any links or logs or battle reps for kaeris, I'd love to read them.

Valid in an argument about updating cards. Of course you can do whatever but when we talk about card updates "broken game rules" don`t sound relevant to me. Its kind of like "I won`t buy the app because some models are from PVC and I don`t like them".

I don`t think I have them but I can ask around. It was a team tournament so its obviously different. He played into Collodi twice (2 draws), Zipp, Levi and Shenlong (or McCabe) I believe

"Kaeris (grab and drop, reservoir)
Carlos or Arcane Emissary
Myranda with energies
3 mages or 2 gunsmiths
Willie
Raptor
Malifaux Child

Was close to winning 1 more with US team (but lost on 2 severe from stiched on my master) and was most likely to loose with other US team if we played one more turn. But that was the one where everything relied on single initiative flip (run away with Kaeris). Bad things happen in Malifaux.""

• Like 1

@Merchant

Infinity also has streamlined weapons. And you have to print out a list every time you play beforehand, otherwise you will have to browse through all the options available.

Also, there is no extra text for the singular models, so if Wyrd would get rid of cards, they either had to include more general rules (accomplice, Bulletproof etc. etc.) into the main rule book AND you would have to print rules and triggers extra each time you make a crew or - if you are using a tablet - swipe around each time you want to look up something (which you can actually already do).

So basically, players would spent much time flipping through the rule book and nothing much else was gained....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Treehouse said:

@Merchant

Infinity also has streamlined weapons. And you have to print out a list every time you play beforehand, otherwise you will have to browse through all the options available.

Also, there is no extra text for the singular models, so if Wyrd would get rid of cards, they either had to include more general rules (accomplice, Bulletproof etc. etc.) AND you would have to print rules and triggers extra each time you make a crew or - if you are using a tablet - swipe around each time you want to look up something (which you can actually already do).

So basically, players would spent much time flipping through the rule book and nothing much else was gained....

Or you have to change the whole game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trikk said:

Valid in an argument about updating cards. Of course you can do whatever but when we talk about card updates "broken game rules" don`t sound relevant to me. Its kind of like "I won`t buy the app because some models are from PVC and I don`t like them".

Core rules, and card rules,are all rules. Thus I am proposing that I want to see a lot of different rules get fixes. As previously stated in this topic by others cost updates are nice, Wyrds lack of willing to fix units due to new cards annoys me and in addition to that goes with it the issues to the core rules, all of those being rules issues.

3 minutes ago, Treehouse said:

@Merchant

Also, there is no extra text for the singular models, so if Wyrd would get rid of cards, they either had to include more general rules (accomplice, Bulletproof etc. etc.) into the main rule book AND you would have to print rules and triggers extra each time you make a crew or - if you are using a tablet - swipe around each time you want to look up something (which you can actually already do).

Fair point, Age of sigmar, and warhammer 40k seem to have adapted to this problem and risen above. Although they have their rules online for free in both app and printable form. They have a lot of unique rules to each unit as well. Now I played a bit back in 1.5 and M2e was supposed to streamline a lot, and it did. However wyrd has gotten away from that a bit. Not that I'm faulting them.

5 minutes ago, Treehouse said:

Which we would not want, really. While I like Infinity, those rules are messed up (overbload, ambigious writing, rules influencing other rules way ttoo much etc.)

It does has nested rules but it works well as a system in my opinion. Mind you it is also translated from Spanish if something is too ambiguous for you, though I've never seen anything that was ambiguous, care to enlighten?

Edit: double post woops!

Awesome, I'm so glad that Wyrd has listened to their customers. Instead of nurfing and ruining models with errata, they adjust the soulstone cost. I've been advocating for points adjustments over nurfs/ buffs on this board for a while. Thank you Wyrd, thank you for hearing and responding appropriately to your customers.

This all looks pretty good, though I noticed almost all of the rider models got a discount, but not the Mechanical Rider. That's unfortunate. Otherwise, I am very pleased to see this approach to the errata.