Tournament JAN 27th 2018

Fictor

Hi dudes! and welcome to 2018 and new tournament waves.

This year I want to go for the best player of my country again, and have in mind go all tournaments arround the country has I can.

As allways, I come here to discuss abaout crews to play, we have 2h for round, so rapid crews are welcome.

Tournament rounds and schemes:

R1

OURS - corners

• guarded treasure
  • hold up their forces
  • inescapable trap
  • undercover entourage
  • public demostration

R2

SUPPLY WAGGONS - standard

• punish the weak
  • public demostration
  • set up
  • show of force
  • search the ruins

R3

PLY FOR INFORMATION - corners

• surround them
  • vendetta
  • recover evidence
  • take one of the team
  • dig their graves

Ours = Marcus. Go alpha and go hard. the more you kill the easier it is to score and not be denied points.

Wagons = Sandeep. Free interacts and summons that can be dropped in to push the wagon. 

Ply for Info= This is a tough one. I haven't figured out our best for this strategy. You don't wanna kill too much but you do need to eliminate their problem models. I'd Ironsides because Challenge Aura makes it tough for them to target anyone else. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mrbedlam said:

Ply for Info= This is a tough one. I haven't figured out our best for this strategy. You don't wanna kill too much but you do need to eliminate their problem models. I'd Ironsides because Challenge Aura makes it tough for them to target anyone else. 

I played a Colette crew with her new "slow" upgrade in a Ply for Info tournament game vs a Zoraida crew a few weeks ago and it was VERY successful.  I won 10-2.  The crew focused on slowing the enemy models to prevent moving and interacting and/or focusing to try and get severe damage.  Colette's passive to allow showgirls and minions to interact as a zero was SUPER good.  I can post the list if people are curious about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The list was 

Colette with The Dancing Blade, A Lady's Secret and Caberet Choreography - 3 stones (Could easily get rid of CC but I wanted to experiment with it.  I usually had 1 bird available on the board the whole game)

Amina with Imbued Protection and Warding Runes

Carlos with Stunt double and PP

Johan

Union Steamfitter

Performer

Arcane Effigy

Started off with summoning a couple birds and a prompt and then every turn after that, I was attacking.  With her applying burning or getting a card, min damage of 2 and that auto slow, it was VERY easy to control the AP of the enemy crew.  Amina was amazing at controlling as she usually does and PP always gave me a marker within 8 inches.  I would prompt maybe once every other turn or so to get something in better positions but being able to get the trigger on her Saber for a free attack and another slow at 8 inches away is GOOD.  A lot of people have said how terrible the upgrade is but after a few games with using it, I am very impressed.  With Colette basically being unable to die due to her triggers and the Armor +1 from the Steamfitter, she was nigh unkillable.  Plus, Johan can heal about half the crew and the Steamfitter was dropping two scheme markers a turn.

I feel like now, with the new errata, I would take out Johan and remove Warding Runes (or IP) and Caberet Choreography and add in Ferdinand Vogel for even more control of the board.  Plus Ferdinand is a minion that doesn't have a built in zero action so using it to interact or place a scheme marker is great!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Most definitely. The first turn of the game, everyone is dropping markers to set up for having to pick up for PP placements at the end of turns.  Steamfitters are placing two scheme markers a turn, PP is placing one, the Effigy can place one and Performer is placing one so that is 5 scheme markers you place a turn, 6 if you used Ferdinand.  The effigy, Steamfitter, Ferdinand, Performer and Carlos can all interact as zero actions but sometimes you may prefer to use a 1 AP (such as with Carlos) - all depends on what you need.  Colette is focused on attacking (and slowing) those models that are close to her and her crew and then repositioning herself to not be in melee (which she has a trigger to not discard a scheme marker from her Lady's Secret upgrade).  The slowed enemies now can only walk to get closer or rely on allies pushing them to get in to Ml range.  If there is a large bruiser, Amina has a trigger on one of her abilities to not let it TARGET anything below full wounds (SUPER STRONG ABILITY), keeping it from doing anything except scheme running. She can also take a point of damage to give an attack vs a friendly living model a negative (Read as "How to protect Colette").  If you wanted to bring Caberet Choreography, that's a quick way to have scheme markers near you.  You could summon all three on the first turn and then reposition Colette 14 inches on the second turn.

This crew requires a lot of skill to manage but I think it is one of the more interesting and competitive ones for Ply for Info. 

• Like 1

This crew is not about killing models.  It is about controlling their actions but remember, if needed, Carlos can do a minimum 5 damage swing each turn.  Colette is doing ok damage each turn.  Ferdinand can switch to the Werewolf and do some good damage each turn.  It's possible to do some good damage but that's not the objective.  The objective is to keep the opponent from getting the strategy condition and making sure they can't take it away from you.

11 hours ago, KingCrow said:

I played a Colette crew with her new "slow" upgrade in a Ply for Info tournament game vs a Zoraida crew a few weeks ago and it was VERY successful.  I won 10-2.  The crew focused on slowing the enemy models to prevent moving and interacting and/or focusing to try and get severe damage.  Colette's passive to allow showgirls and minions to interact as a zero was SUPER good.  I can post the list if people are curious about it.

I know you do. You've mentioned it at least 5 times ;) 

oooor you're trying to push your Showgirl agenda on the populace. I'm ranking you up there with Flat Earthers. ;) In all seriousness I don't doubt the list is good for that specific strategy but I don't know how well it will handle some of the other more aggressive schemes in the field. Colette isn't the immortal she once was. I'd be willing to give it a few test goes. My instinct says Ironsides though. Not only is she good at tying people up, she's nigh unkillable and can lure people in to keep them from getting away. Making a big ball of ply targets while the rest of the crew goes and does their thing and when she needs to splat a model all over the board, Ironsides can do it in spades.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mrbedlam said:

oooor you're trying to push your Showgirl agenda on the populace. I'm ranking you up there with Flat Earthers. ;) In all seriousness I don't doubt the list is good for that specific strategy but I don't know how well it will handle some of the other more aggressive schemes in the field. Colette isn't the immortal she once was. I'd be willing to give it a few test goes. My instinct says Ironsides though. Not only is she good at tying people up, she's nigh unkillable and can lure people in to keep them from getting away. Making a big ball of ply targets while the rest of the crew goes and does their thing and when she needs to splat a model all over the board, Ironsides can do it in spades.

Oh I agree that she is definitely not as immortal as she once was.  That is why Amina is there to give (-) to attacks vs Colette and control the battlefield. 

My main reason for pushing Colette so hard is that I see this strategy as a balance act.  If you kill too many of the enemy, you probably wont have enough targets to get the Ply condition before they do.  If you cluster around an enemy and they win initiative, you probably won't get the condition before they do.  So, I believe this strategy calls for an elite crew that is able to control the enemy, which this build allows by restricting your opponents AP and getting the most out of your own crew.  Also, as I mentioned earlier if you want damage, Carlos is able to do a min 5 damage attack each turn, Colette can be attacking at Ca 7 vs WP or DF with a potential for 8 attacks and Ferdinand/Werewolf can do some decent damage as well. 

But I understand different strokes for different folks and I do agree that Ironsides, with her pull, could have a huge effect by stopping scheme runners from doing their thing and setting up other models to get the Ply condition.  She is the new unkillable Arcanist master with her new upgrades that can also lay down some serious damage.  If you have some good experiences with her and this strategy, please let us know! :D 

To be perfectly honest, this year is my Outcast year, so after 2 years of hard core Arcanists I'm hanging up that hat for a little while. However I have no doubt that I will still be talking Arcanist strats and seeing lots of Ironsides action as Arcanists are still pretty popular

Last tournament I was play Ironsides, and in a few games before, to give her a chance for all that I read, but to be fair, my opinion is the same that I has before upgrades, yes now it's better, but still is a bad Marcus, to take Ironsides I will take Marcus and he do a better job.

So in mi opinion, I play Ironsides with my mates, no in a tournament, and after see GG18 and feel that Ramos is fuked (summons doesn't count on Interference), the masters to win tournaments are Sandeep and Marcus, and depends the table and pairing, Raspi ^^'

I play all masters for fun, but in a tournament allways try my best.

And the Strike Markers... I was try it few times, and feel it's bad for me, you need spend 1Ap more to push the miniature if you want dmg, for place markers I prefer Raspi this is really op for my playstyle.

Today we will test R1.

I want use Carlos because he can do Hold up their forces  and Inescapable trap easy with his :melee 3 and the marker from PP, and Cassandra for Undercover entourage, for  Guarded treasure I have the Moleman and I doesn't count with Public Demostration.

Sandeep Desai - (6ss pool)

• Arcane Reservoir 2ss
  • Seize the Day 1ss
  • To Command Another Plane 1ss

Carlos Vasquez 9ss

• Stunt Double 1ss
  • Imbued Protection 2ss

Myranda 8ss

• Imbued Energies 1ss

Cassandra 8ss

• Practiced Production 1ss
  • Imbued Protection 2ss

Arcane Effigy 4ss
Moleman 4ss
Moleman 4ss

I will take the schemes when see the enemy crew and table disposition.

Yes totally true, and I was discover that in the game, after taking this scheme, and for this lose 3VP, now Guarded treasure seems so hard for me, I think doesn't try do that anymore

After the game I was change a Moleman for Cojo + Well Research and drop the double IP

I hope to play with you in the tournament. Let's see if I went from second place to first.

As for which masters are better, of course the triangle of Marcus, Sandeep and Rasputina is the best option. Maybe it´s excesive spending on upgrades and for me you have few activaction.

• Like 1