Ressers in new gg2018

bimpi

Hi everyone,

what do u think about ressers in gg2018? Any thoughts?

I'm playing with my friend (guild) on Sunday and looking for your help and suggestions:

encounter setup: 50SS
standard deployment
strategy: ply for information

schemes:
always surround them
hold up their forces
undercover entourage
show of force

take prissoner

I got:
Seamus, copycat killer, madame sybelle, 3 rotten belles, 2 dead doxy, carrion emissary, 3 necropunks, 5 mindless zombies, yin, anna lovelace, archie

Got the same scheme pool on today tournament Round 1. Played as Seamus, but with little bit different models.
Undercover Entourage - easily done with Seamus as always.
Surround them - easily done with "AKA Sebastian Baker" (take a look on (0) and choose deployment side wisely).
Ply for Information - just don't forget about it :) 

As for roster i would take this:
Seamus (AKA Sebastian Baker, Sinister Reputation, and one more for your taste)
Sybelle (Not Too Badged Up, or Decaying Aura, depends on what you want to do)
Copycat
1 Rotten Belle
Carrion Emissary (i don't have one myself)
Yin (Unnerving Aura, or My Little Helper)
It will be around 38ss (depends on upgrades)
Add Necropunk or a Belle or a Doxie and it will lead you to around 5ss cash. Spend cash to draw extra cards, you can do it any turn. Spend it to add Crows and summon more Doxies/Belles. Or just "tank" with Seamus and prevent some damage.

I would also recommend to take a look on Hanged, Nurse and Kentauroi as future purchases ;)

Nurses are now 6SS, so I don’t rate them any more. Too slow and too many hoops for that cost. Take Heyreddin now for the same cost. Harder to kill, vastly faster and more manuverable, and can just kill them outright rather than paralyzing.

Hanged are worthless hires against anyone who actually knows what they are doing (and stupid good summons that really shouldn’t be summonable).

I personally also find Sybelle pretty bad nowadays. Compare her to Frank, Phinona, Kentauroi, and several of the other new benchmark 8ss models and she really doesn’t make the cut anymore.

Next purchase should be Asura. She’s pretty broken level good if you use her correctly.

Why use Asura with Seamus?... Just for Belles? Or there's any other useful things she can add to Seamus crew?

As for Hanged - he got huge buff and it's name is Kentauroi. Just don't throw it enemies face it would be a waste.

As for Nurse - still a great model even for 6, my opinion. First turn +Wk to Yin or Hanged, so good conditions for enemies on future turns. You don't need to kill a model if it can't do any useful actions. Sometimes "-" to duels is much better than +2 Armor. Sometimes +2 MI dmg means that an enemy simply can't do nothing because of nobody in MI range. Engaging someone with Yin and Unnerving Aura, keep Nurse in 8" doing schemes. Yin significant hard to kill and if she's low HP just throw Crow pills on her and chain activate with Accomplish so Yin loose Paralyze and still engage an enemy. So many other ways to use Nurse and she almost always worth it's 6ss cost.

Can't say anything about Heyreddin yet , don't see any good options to use him yet, but will definitely try him with his new cost.

I’ll just plain disagree. Nurses were a tween model as I’ve heard some people say. They were arguably worth maybe a half point more than their cost, but increasing by 1 means now they’re slightly overcosted. They are too slow and too finicky to use to warrant 6SS cost. Especially as there are now models with higher movement and now getting into beater dmg range at that cost now. All of what you say is true but it’s always situational. You need cards, suits, positioning, and frankly you might as well just hire something else for that cost. I loved nurses and always included 1 in my Seamus lists, but I won’t be brining them any more. The only master I feel that has any play with them is an engine based Kirai.

Hanged are worthless hires. It doesn’t matter what else you bring with them. They are only worth their cost if you manage to hit a model that has a lot of wounds and relies on healing and doesn’t have condition removal in their crew, and you then need a follow up model. For 9 or 10 SS you can get a better model, with more ap who is more durable than the Hanged. Hanged are devastating summons, to the extent they should be summonable, but absolutely trash hires. Only 2 AP, not durable, no good 0 action, and trash attacks except for whispers from beyond, and frankly you can hire a min 3 d,g model for a lot less who will do as much damage for vastly less cost.

Asura is pretty broken good for just about every master that can take her. For Seamus in particular she can force a WP duel without an action. She gives belles, and anyone else without a good attack two good ones to choose from. She makes a belle pounce attack each turn do ml 6 and min dmg 2, or a do debuff. She makes taking crooligans good with Seamus because they can deploy forward and toss out db stripping attacks, which is a massive boost for a master that only gets one master level attack each turn and making it require less intensive cards to hit, thus allowing you to save your severe cards for dmg. Sucking down df also makes the CCK more deadly. Being able to take multiple min dmg 4 shots a turn becomes much better if you drop their df to parity or lower. She can easily give you a corpse when required almost on command to be able to summon a new belle, or use red chapel killer to jump. Focus on abusing the hands from below and you’ll see what I mean.

• Like 2

As we are talking about Seamus crew i would disagree about Hanged. In my opinion they do worth hiring, you just have to use them carefuly. It's not hard to outactivate opponent with Seamus crew and Hanged debuff can just win you a game because of Seamus high mobility and high damage. Hanged, Decay Aura on Seamus, 2 good cards on hand = opponents Master is dead (depends on Master of course, but still happened many times). Hanged works very good with Yin who is also usual choice for Horror Seamus crew. Yin with MLH + Hanged can just leave your opponent without 2 key models. And im talking not about scheme runners but about models who arent easy to kill in other cercumstances.

As for Asura - i will defenetely try her as soon as possible. But in my opinion if your have to MI with Belle (even because of Pounce) it means that something goes wrong.... As for extra corpse and Hands from Below - yes, this looks really interesting. As i said - will try as soon as i can and make a post after :)

True, but still 4 dmg min on a target with Half (or less) HP is huge. I'm not saying Seamus will oneshot everyone with Hanged, but he may do so and he will put lot of pressure anyway. 

But again - i'm agree that you have to be very careful with Hanged. And remember to avoid hiring them if you expect any kind of Obey in enemy crew :D

Pretty much that. You very rarely will ever do more than min dmg against a SS user with Seamus' gun if your opponent knows that they are doing because they'll just spend a stone to offset all the bonuses of your focus, and that's IF you can hit, which is a big ask. Seamus has a single good attack that can only be used once a turn, and a good opponent knows it and will save a card to prevent that attack each turn. Which they can do because resser models almost universally have crap for defense so they don't need their cards as much to force through hits, and they don't generally need them for dmg because with so much hard to wound they won't be cheating for dmg often either. He only has a 6 to attack, so hitting isn't even especially likely. That's pretty much one of the big reasons I think the melee icon on Live for Pain is so helpful. He isn't going to turn into a killing machine, but with two melee attacks and potentially Boo each turn thats 3 more duels you can force before taking the big shot and you potentially fork your opponent between stopping Boo, or minor melee attacks that heal Seamus, or eating a min 4 shot.

Please feel free to continue to bring Hanged if they work for you. In a competitive enviroment, which is all I care about, in my opinion as hires they are trash and I would be absolutely delighted to see two hired across the table from me. You get so much more out of other models for similar cost that I would be delighted for you to have handicapped yourself so much. 

;)

• Like 1

I'm also in the camp that hiring a hanged is good, at least in pools with kill based schemes. They also work well with Sinister Reputation Seamus essentially making them Ca 8.  
I still like a single Nurse for 6ss. They give you a lot of options both against friendly and enemy models and also pairs well with Sinister Rep Seamus.  

Sorry for getting off topic, but when did the Nurses increase their cost to 6SS?  I read further into the thread and kinda understand why Hanged are not appreciated as hired models (which makes me sad) and why Sybelle isn't good anymore (which makes me sad, again).

• 2 weeks later...

What to take on those strategy/schemes:

(Seamus, copycat killer, carrion emissary, yin, anna lovelace, archie, madame sybelle, 3 rotten belles, 2 dead doxy, 3 necropunks)

Flank
Supply Wagon
Guarded Treasure
Vendetta
Recover Evidence
Show of Force
Undercover Entourage

I was thinking about:
Seamus - sisnister reputation, red chapell killer, do you know who i am,
CCK,
Archie,
Yin,
3 belles
necropunk

Strategy is to push the own wagon with Archie, blocking the enemy wagon with Yin (because both have nice Mi range, big bases and terrifying)
undercover entourage with Seamus and as a second scheme I'm thinking about recover evidence or guarded treasure...

On 22.01.2018 at 9:32 PM, bimpi said:

Strategy is to push the own wagon with Archie, blocking the enemy wagon with Yin (because both have nice Mi range, big bases and terrifying)
undercover entourage with Seamus and as a second scheme I'm thinking about recover evidence or guarded treasure...

I don't like Archie in Seamus list, but with Supply Wagnon hes OK.
Undercover with Seamus - hell yeah :)
Recover Evidence or Guarded Treasures - don't think it's a good idea... Recover Evidence - who will interact? Guarded Treasures - if Yin and Archie are blocking enemy Wagons with engagement, who will place markers near them? AKA Sebastian Baker upgrade on Seamus may help with Guarded Treasures, you can take it instead of Red Chapell Killer.

Or you can just grab a Vendetta :) Score 2 guaranteed VP with Belle, or score whole 3VP if you managed to finish chosen enemy (wich is possible since you will get LOT of lures with 3 Belles and chosen enemy will be right where you nedd him)