Gaining Grounds 2018

Lucidicide

Quick question: in previous iterations there was a clause that Strategy-based conditions (such as Accused) may not be removed other than through specific actions. 

There is no such thing in this document. Does it mean we can use regular condition removal to clear things like Shed Blood?

So, the opponent's supply wagon can be removed from play by ramming your own supply wagon at it. I must say, I'm not a big fan of that interaction.

Is the Shed Blood condition intended to be removed at the end of turn 1? At the moment it kind of seems like it isn't removed.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

So, the opponent's supply wagon can be removed from play by ramming your own supply wagon at it. I must say, I'm not a big fan of that interaction.

Is the Shed Blood condition intended to be removed at the end of turn 1? At the moment it kind of seems like it isn't removed.

You can't gain the shed blood condition on turn 1. Only if you kill something "on any turn after the first".

Hmm. Is a Strategy Marker with Terrain traits a Terrain Marker? I don't think it is, but could be. Actually like the idea for cinematic value if it is. Might not be the best for competitive structure.. .

2 minutes ago, Skitt_Happens said:

Hmm. Is a Strategy Marker with Terrain traits a Terrain Marker? I don't think it is, but could be. Actually like the idea for cinematic value if it is. Might not be the best for competitive structure.. .

I'm pretty sure Terrain Marker isn't exactly defined anywhere. I assume it means a marker that has terrain traits.

2 hours ago, Myyrä said:

Didn`t we have that during the beta, and implemented a wording to prevent that?

1 minute ago, Myyrä said:

Is there a rule saying strategy markers aren't terrain markers?

No, I don`t recall there being any rule about what markers are per se, I know what you`re going for, as I said, interesting as I thought we already solved that problem during the beta.

In addition to the Supply Wagons issue, I thought we got away from 0stone models counting as 10 in ours?

At the end of the beta, masters where 10 afaik, but we said that 0s like Vic of Blood/Hungering Darkness count as 0, to avoid some crews having basically 70 points in comparison to the 60 of everyone else?

17 minutes ago, edopersichetti said:

RIP suited schemes :(

By the way, WHO is that girl with the claws on page 15?!? That's so cool I swear that'd be enough for me starting Ten Thunders, if indeed it is a TT model.

The same (lovely) art was used in Broken Promises, and the Ten Thunders lorekeepers posted that it looked like someone from a Chronicles story...unfortunately not from any issue I have (I haven’t downloaded them all).

9 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

The same (lovely) art was used in Broken Promises, and the Ten Thunders lorekeepers posted that it looked like someone from a Chronicles story...unfortunately not from any issue I have (I haven’t downloaded them all).

Ok I totally missed it in the book! I hope it leads to a model, it's very cool.

On 8/1/2018 at 4:20 PM, Tris said:

interesting as I thought we already solved that problem during the beta.

We solved it, since the last iteraction was with the "non-strategy" clause included, and non one contested it...

Two possibilities here: designers changed their minds, or it's a misprint. In the second case it could be a problem since gg2018 cards deck are online to be sold...

On 9/1/2018 at 12:05 AM, Tris said:

In addition to the Supply Wagons issue, I thought we got away from 0stone models counting as 10 in ours?

Yes, this too. The last consensus was 0 stones non-leader models count effectively zero, if I remember correctly.  Same previous considerations.

I think we need a clarification about how Supply Wagons works now, with the changes letting a player removing the opponent's marker.

Let's say playerA have his SW marker well guarded by friendly models that are placed all around the marker itself. The opponent's marker is at a distance so that a 4" push could bring playerB's marker exactly on top of the opponent's one. What happens if playerB push his SW marker 4" toward the opponent's one? PlayerA's marker is removed? And what if the push is less than 4", so that the marker would end on top both of opponent's marker and another model? Marker is removed in this case?

The first case I would say yes. About the second... I dunno... :huh:

6 minutes ago, SunTsu said:

I think we need a clarification about how Supply Wagons works now, with the changes letting a player removing the opponent's marker.

Let's say playerA have his SW marker well guarded by friendly models that are placed all around the marker itself. The opponent's marker is at a distance so that a 4" push could bring playerB's marker exactly on top of the opponent's one. What happens if playerB push his SW marker 4" toward the opponent's one? PlayerA's marker is removed? And what if the push is less than 4", so that the marker would end on top both of opponent's marker and another model? Marker is removed in this case?

The first case I would say yes. About the second... I dunno... :huh:

They are not terrain markers but strategy markers with a terrain trait so you can't remove them. Problem solved. Every model's base has the terrain trait impassable and blocking, still doesn't mean you remove models when you hit them with a wagon because they are not classed as terrain.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

They are not terrain markers but strategy markers with a terrain trait so you can't remove them. Problem solved. Every model's base has the terrain trait impassable and blocking, still doesn't mean you remove models when you hit them with a wagon because they are not classed as terrain.

References?

Models have not terrain features. And are not markers too.... They are blocking and impassable by definition, but not as a terrain trait. As someone else pointed out, there isn't a clear definition of what a "terrain marker" is (or is not).

I mean, finally I think it would work the way you described it. But by raw it's not so clear. I think it needs a FAQ or at least an official point of view...