Monthly painting challenge - January

Franchute

5 hours ago, Scatterbrain said:

I've been highly relieved since first learning of the term "tabletop quality" by Miranda (Wargamer Girl) on YouTube. ;) I'm going to shout it at my miniatures, like Homer Simpson shouting "Sanctuary!" while running into Rev Lovejoy's church.

Don't worry about what others would say, you just do you. You have some shading on there and overall it looks really clean. My only suggesting would be to work on the base. You can really make a model fit in with not a lot of work and you may even find it fun coming up with little scenes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Franchute Hi, mulligan for me for month one please.

Have managed to get about 160 SS worth of Gremlins built and sprayed black, some with gremlin skin as a base layer (as min requirement for tournament last Sunday).

Have also almost finished one wild boar and also working on a display base for an Ulix theme swamp crew.

All in all a positive start if no completed miniatures just yet.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2018 at 6:18 AM, Burnin' Coal said:

....my January pledge of 3 Stitched Togethers

Those Stitched are seriously amazing. Amazing work. Can I ask how you got that blend of colors on the 'skin' bits (I'm trying to avoid saying 'sack'... cuz, yeah.  But it's meant to be like a burlap sack type thing, a'la Oogie Boogie)? 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, MunkyMuddFace said:

here are my finished pledges for the month - the Midnight Stalker and a Kentauroi for a total of 16SS

The greyscale MS is really nice. I really like that idea of him being hidden in the shadows with the bloody knife as the most vibrant color you see. The Kentauroi is amazing as well. I like that bloody gore effect (BftBG is amazing).

6 hours ago, Shock & Awe said:

....Can I ask how you got that blend of colors on the 'skin' bits (I'm trying to avoid saying 'sack'... cuz, yeah.  But it's meant to be like a burlap sack type thing...

@Shock & Awe Thanks for the kind words....as for burlap sack well...yeah 😉...but I just thought "what have these things got inside of them ?"....and my answer was "lots of bad stuff"...so I wanted them "dark" and therefore concentrated on making them look like they'd be a real bother as opposed to just burlap.....the blends were done using a mix of contrasting orange,violet and pale green built up with many many layers of Vallejo Glazing Medium which is a whole new game for me but allows for all sorts of adjustments along the way without obscuring any details - cannot recommend it enough

@Franchute Really nice work - lighting , flame and textures look great...very nice photography as well 👍

@MunkyMuddFace Those Kentauroi look...well...very scary indeed....great job

@Phinn Love the palette you used on your Wisp and wish the photo was bigger - very nice brushwork

....and so on to February...already looking forward to everyone's entries

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1