M2E Single-Piece Sculpts?

Hi there Fauxers,

I am of the view that Less Assembly Time = More Painting Time, so I'd like to plan my purchases around pieces with less assembly.

So, aside from the Witchling Stalker, are there any other M2E Plastics that are single-piece sculpts? i.e. just require clipping off the sprue and attaching to base? Or at the very most two-piece sculpts?

Thanks!

wyrd-plastic-stalker.jpg

I have to disappoint you: most models are multi-part kits. Models without 6+ parts are rare. Wyrd kit designers LOVE adding unnecessary cuts in models: in example, Sensei Yu, one of the most static models in the game, has separate feet. :P

Just pay someone to assembe your models.

The fewest piece models I have encountered are more recent human models for Guild and rarely other factions, and steam arachnids (three pieces per spider: on a given sprue of six arachnids, eight detached legs will fit with minimal trouble, but four need to have their pegs shaven down to fit close enough to be glued) and soul stone miners (very nearly click-fit). Smaller stompybots have been good to me, for simpler assembly. Larger ones I handed off as a honey-do project. :P

Gremlins are absolutely NOT the faction for you.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

The fewest piece models I have encountered are more recent human models for Guild and rarely other factions, and steam arachnids (three pieces per spider: on a given sprue of six arachnids, eight detached legs will fit with minimal trouble, but four need to have their pegs shaven down to fit close enough to be glued) and soul stone miners (very nearly click-fit). Smaller stompybots have been good to me, for simpler assembly. Larger ones I handed off as a honey-do project. :P

Gremlins are absolutely NOT the faction for you.

I have to both agree and reinforce this point. It really cannot be over-stated that this is the case.

As proud owner of lots of gremlin bois after ~20s box im trying to buy all models that i need from players who are selling them. Its cheaper and you do not need to do the assembly.
Last star of my adventures were bushwhalkers - it was just UUUUUUUUUUGH.

And i remember very funny story - i've just started in Malifaux and first box was Som'er. I ask my wife for help with gluing bayou gremlin hands and fishing rod :D
I never saw her so angry :D

On 12/26/2017 at 12:51 AM, Tors said:

All of the Two Player Starter box miniatures have very few parts or are single piece if i remember correctly.

The Tortoise and Hare story encounter Box contains Pre assembled Models, through they arent made from the same plastic as regular Malifaux miniatures.

No, the models in the starter are more an intro to wyrd minis. From separate feet to glueing on a face to poses that don't fit the bases, you get the full welcome to malifaux. I have a member of my community that would not play the game if I didn't assembly his models.