Assign Masters to GG18 Strategies! NAO!

DXXXVIII

I think we should wait with making such assignment for January Errata and final version of GG18. I played my games during GG18 beta using almost only Hamelin, since he can do well with all strategies. Ours and Symbols of Authority can be problematic - first promotes killing enemy crew, so your opponent losses SS to control quarters, while second has Punish the Weak as always scheme, so enemy master/henchmen can score points very easy by killing rats or Stolen. 

However, if I had to make assumption right now, the list would be as follows:

Ply for Information: Hamelin (can Obey friendly models to perform interact actions - for instance, Crooligans, who then can place 5" away from the opponent; can stack Blight to kill enemy models easy, Surround them is very easy when you have plenty scheme runners) and Parker (also can obey friendly models to take interact actions and is very mobile so he could use free walk from Stick Up to engage enemy, use interact to gain strategy condition, then push out of combat and walk into safety. Plus he can remove Gathered Intel from enemy models by using his (0) action).

Public Execution: Viks (can score kills very easy; in addition you have free henchman for guarded treasure) and Misaki (like Viktorias, she can kill enemy models with ease. While she doesn't have free model towards scoring Guarded Treasure, she can blast enemies at range so other friendly models can finish them, gaining strategy condition)

Symbols of Authority: Tara (gives fast to friendly models, can block interact actions around her, preventing enemy from scoring Symbols) and Jack (pushes friendly or enemy models, can give enemies Paralyze, hampers interacts by Drowning Injustice).

Ours: Von Schill (he can kill enemy models very easy, scoring Punish the Weak in the process, place enemy models closer to his friends or the center of the table), Leveticus (kills enemies at range, can jump across the table very easy. One minus - he is very susceptible for ETL)

Bonus: Supply Wagons: Hamelin (Rats can block Wagons, has access to cheap 40mm base models in form of Rat Kings, he can force either friendly or enemy model to interact with wagon to push it in required direction, can Obey or Pipes either friends or enemies to move close to scheme markers, scoring Guarded Treasure) or Tara (can slow enemies, preventing them from moving and interacting with the wagon on the same turn).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My guess was:
Ply for Information:
Misaki because she has acces to jorogumu, which get really hard to remove or remove the condition off (Hard to wound) once they aquired it/did the killing (Eat your fill, hard to kill). And because misaki can allways cheat in Severe damage with her Storm-Upgrade, allowing her to reliably remove condition from opponents models.
Von Schill: Because his bubble is hard to remove and being able to double-focus-Shoot (I pay better) allows to even severe damage/remove the condition from hard to kill models.

Public Execution:
Levi with 4 Riders because they are hard to kill and not easy to remove while being killy themself. And because i allways wanted to play the Riders-List.
Viks, because Viks kill stuff.

Symbols of Authority:
Hamelin, because he can get models far over the board using obey and you often need dont mind me to grab the Symbols. (Downside, his rats are easy prey for the scheme).
Parker, because he can get models far over the board with his "Job's not done yes", has free interacts and usually runs with donkey rider which gives out "Dont mind me".

Ours:
Tara, because the Void wretches have good mobility thanks to incorporeal and can participate in fighting (void maw), even when not in the thick of it, allowing them to spread out.
Jack, because hes a mobile bruiser and most tormented models are shit and i'll just take the Outcast-Allstars with him, which are kind of independent.

• 2 weeks later...

Supply Wagons has a perfect master. his name is Ashes and Dust. He does the strategy all by himself. 

Seriously though, I will probably just be taking Hamelin, Viks, and maybe....Levi?  Tara is a fringe but Jack, Schill and Parker just don't make the cut for me. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 26.12.2017 at 12:36 PM, DXXXVIII said:

My guess was:
Ply for Information:
Misaki because she has acces to jorogumu, which get really hard to remove or remove the condition off (Hard to wound) once they aquired it/did the killing (Eat your fill, hard to kill). And because misaki can allways cheat in Severe damage with her Storm-Upgrade, allowing her to reliably remove condition from opponents models.
Von Schill: Because his bubble is hard to remove and being able to double-focus-Shoot (I pay better) allows to even severe damage/remove the condition from hard to kill models.

Public Execution:
Levi with 4 Riders because they are hard to kill and not easy to remove while being killy themself. And because i allways wanted to play the Riders-List.
Viks, because Viks kill stuff.

Symbols of Authority:
Hamelin, because he can get models far over the board using obey and you often need dont mind me to grab the Symbols. (Downside, his rats are easy prey for the scheme).
Parker, because he can get models far over the board with his "Job's not done yes", has free interacts and usually runs with donkey rider which gives out "Dont mind me".

Ours:
Tara, because the Void wretches have good mobility thanks to incorporeal and can participate in fighting (void maw), even when not in the thick of it, allowing them to spread out.
Jack, because hes a mobile bruiser and most tormented models are shit and i'll just take the Outcast-Allstars with him, which are kind of independent.

I'll change my statement.
Ply:
Tara cause fast ist great to ply opponents. Scion of the void is kinda "Immune" to getting plyed and buried models do not count towards ply ;)
Jack cause mobility/free pushes/lures are great to ply opponents and Jack has access to Jakuuna Ubume: The only Lure that can ignore LOS in Outcast ;)

Public:
Schill cause schill bubble doesnt die easily. Schill doesn't die easily as well. (Eliminate leadership) And focus sniping opponents four times per round for 3-4 min-damage each is good to execute in public.
Levi with riders. Cause riders kill and usually dont die. Levi kills and usually doesn't die.

Symbols:
Hamelin cause what you need is "dont mind me" and Hamelin got that. What you need is mobility and "I obey you to walk" gets you kinda mobile. You have to take care of your rats thought. Cause One of the opponents schemes will start revealed: "punish the weak".
Parker cause parker adopted donkey rider and donkey rider gives out "dont mind me" and parker can "The jobs not done yet" you across teh board while keeping you alive through a steady stream of damage prevention soulstones. Should you be a scheming henchman.

Ours:
Viks cause they get a free model worth 10SS counting towards the strategy. And because Ours is a killy strategy.
Misaki caus eits a killy strategy and "smoke and shadow" allows your crew for great mobility to secure tablequarters you might loose otherwise. Mind, Placing your "smoke and shadow"d models is at the end of turn when you know which tablequarters you want to steal off your opponents hands ;)
Being able to place 9ss worth of a druable and killy model at a quarter your opponent might have hold otherwise can swing games.

This seems a reasonable place to ask. How do you guys feel about Hamelin in Public Execution? He seems suitably tough with survivalist & stolen to make ETL not a threat. With plague pits it seems like killing models by turn 2/3 is fairly doable + 2 big beaters (for show of force). 

I love the Viks but for me they always seem all or nothing in something like this with little room for error. 

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Raimu said:

I personally still struggle to find proper place for... Tara...

I've found Ours and Ply to be pretty easy with Tara personally, might be a meta call though. Voidspam makes ply relatively easy with decent positioning same with Ours. 

I've found the more killy schemes and strats to be pretty doable as well, its just a matter of having the right bomb. Some games you will want killjoy others you will want NB +1 Etc. 

1 hour ago, MalifauxDave said:

I've found Ours and Ply to be pretty easy with Tara personally, might be a meta call though. Voidspam makes ply relatively easy with decent positioning same with Ours. 

I've found the more killy schemes and strats to be pretty doable as well, its just a matter of having the right bomb. Some games you will want killjoy others you will want NB +1 Etc. 

I know Void spam was discussed a lot, but I still can't get how it plays. I run basic bomb lists with 2-3 Wretches and all they do is ocasional Slow on enemy model and some tanking, or just duying ingloriosly in start of turn or to Ca actions. What makes Void spam powerful for you?

31 minutes ago, Raimu said:

What makes Void spam powerful for you?

The slow is a 0 action and the Void Wretches are incorporeal. There's very little that is going to avoid them. 

It also helps to get a higher volume of CAs off, 2-3 are decent for scheme running but you need a critical mass to really get anywhere.

I have two builds that I run with 6 wretches + scion + nothing beast, this is for more scheme heavy pools, then I have Malifaux Child, Nothing Beast, Scion, (8 cost beater sometimes talos, sometimes not), 4 void wretches. Even with just 4 wretches you start to see more of a benefit. Honestly sometimes I even cut the child, go with a Johan instead of my 8 cost slot and slot in an additional wretch. I tend to take a lot of upgrades too, and usually have between 1&0 additional soulstones. I find that the cache of 4 is usually enough. 

15 hours ago, Raimu said:

I know Void spam was discussed a lot, but I still can't get how it plays. I run basic bomb lists with 2-3 Wretches and all they do is ocasional Slow on enemy model and some tanking, or just duying ingloriosly in start of turn or to Ca actions. What makes Void spam powerful for you?

I think its a case of Volume - if 2-3 wretchs get the occasional slow off, then you will find 6 get more than twice as many off (people won't cheat to stop it as often either because they don't have enough cards or becasue it seems futile you have so many attempts at it they can't really afford to stop it. Especially when you can probably cheat in cards more happily on these duels to up the DF of your crew. 

On 4/30/2018 at 7:03 PM, Raimu said:

So, you have 10 activations with essentially 3-4 AP

They have about 8 activations with essentially 1-2 AP

Sure, this gets murderized by people like Collodi, Leveticus, Sonnia, Wong and Rasputina

But if you don't hit your countermatchup, you get a lot of value out of every little model in your crew.