(Spoilers) Speculation on Chronicles 33 story

Memnaelar

This post contains spoilers! Be wary of reading further until you've read Wyrd Chronicles #33!

You've been warned!

Super warned! Move on!

-Aaron

So, most definitely dead and, from the reading of the fiction, ending up in a Soulstone was not exactly his contingency plan...

What do folks think?  Is Nic dead-dead?  Marvel comics-dead?  (as in, just waiting for resurrection or reincarnation via his Soulstone?)  Something else altogether?

And does anyone think Mortimer's on the track to being a Master down the line (3E?) thanks to his find of Nic's stone and the hint that he's moving up in the world as a result?  Or is he just waiting to be put in his place one way or another with some fiction down the line?

edit-- Thanks for the clean-up, Aaron!  Enthusiasm and not knowing how to spoiler-hide got the better of me!

Wall of text to hide spoilers before spoiler cut

I do wonder what, if anything, they'll do to reflect changes for folks like Nico and Mickey.  I liked that some masters like Von Schill got upgrades to reflect changes from the meta to their person, but it's hard to "upgrade" Nico to dead or to theoretically exclude Mickey from Guild starting in Book 6.  Perhaps they'll just save those changes for 3E -- Master Morty! -- or maybe there's something mechanical and fun that they can cook up that I'm just not thinking of.

Cool. Thanks.

So the Judge is dead, and Justice used his essence in a soulstone to heal herself, and Nicodem is dead and his essence absorbed into a soulstone, which Mortimer now has.

That doesn't seem like much fun for those few people who played the Judge, and those many people who played Nicodem.

So, friends, what do you think, how long we’re going to wait for a mech body for Nico. It will be very interesting to get a real steampunk iron necromancer:)

also i’ve Got an idea of a zombie horde on big base with kind of hive mind of Nico.  The question is when their be a continuation of Nico’s misadventures?

• Like 1

I like how they do it for Warmahordes. Where you can have the same character mutiples times (Jack 1, Jack 2, etc.) representing various points of his life, each with their own rules but they all count as the same model (ie. only one copy in play). That allows the story to advance without negatively afecting the gameplay.

Imagine having Von Schill 1, Von Schill 2 and Von Schill 3. One being a henchaman, the second the model we currently have and the third one where he is now in the story, with the mechanical limbs.

I think it's cool that as the story advances the dangers of death are there for all the characters. But I wouldn't like to lose a gaming piece because of that. After all, are all the Malifaux games set in the most recent timeline?

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Tenshi said:

I like how they do it for Warmahordes. Where you can have the same character mutiples times (Jack 1, Jack 2, etc.) representing various points of his life, each with their own rules but they all count as the same model (ie. only one copy in play). That allows the story to advance without negatively afecting the gameplay.

Imagine having Von Schill 1, Von Schill 2 and Von Schill 3. One being a henchaman, the second the model we currently have and the third one where he is now in the story, with the mechanical limbs.

I think it's cool that as the story advances the dangers of death are there for all the characters. But I wouldn't like to lose a gaming piece because of that. After all, are all the Malifaux games set in the most recent timeline?

Malifaux first edition had Minion versions of Hamlin  and Misaki as well as Master versions, where as the current approach appears to be using Upgrades to make small changes to the characters to allow for the natural changes over time (or at least that's how I took several of the book 5 upgrades). 

2 minutes ago, Adran said:

Malifaux first edition had Minion versions of Hamlin  and Misaki as well as Master versions, where as the current approach appears to be using Upgrades to make small changes to the characters to allow for the natural changes over time (or at least that's how I took several of the book 5 upgrades). 

I didn't know that, cool!

I would prefer to have Niko's stone to be a part of some artificial artifact which would give the bearer the alternative personality of Niko. The personality of the bearer could  dominate or it can be suppresed/destroyed by Niko's will. We will have our own Lich king with( or without) "frozen throne" persuted by blind hunter enslawed by thirst for revenge.

Also this will open the gates for new game mechanics and survivability of Niko(Look like the seamus and his hat).

Spoilers..

Rah rah ah-ah-ah!
Ro mah ro-mah-mah
Gaga oh-la-la!
Want your bad romance!

The Poor Judge... all the tears :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Still he's in a better place... Lady J!  I highly doubt it, but the a way they could bring him back is to have Lady J somehow be able to transfer his essence back into his body (after healing the you know, hole blown in it... hope Peace bringers don't use hollow point!). 

As for Nico, here's hoping he's replaced by Emelia Bathory... Nico was just so dry and boring (IMO!)... Even Seamus thinks so! (and he's a voice you know you can trust!)

• Like 3

I'm expecting a wave of "reincarnated" masters. Masters going trough big changes both in models and rules.

Lilith is basically dead, Nico is basically dead, several other masters went trough big changes (mcMourning no longer working for guild, Nekima trying to reinstate her as a master, ecc).

I think in the next book every faction will get a new master or an "evolved" master.

• Like 2

I'd love Nico to stay dead, dead, no Marvel style as stated before. As I was reading the story I thought "ok, he dies, he comes back as an undead, fine" but then as Lady J. went full chop suey on him I was like "hum, maybe not". His soul going to the soulstone opens a door for his return, maybe Mortimer embeds it in a new body so we can have a new model, or he can be possesed, or more intereting yet, attach Nico's head to his body.

And for the Judge, he could also stay pushing daisies, I guess he can be easily replaced but I'd really like for him to be resurrected as a Resu enforcer, imagine how epic would be him being forced to fight against Lady J, or not even forced, on his own because now he fights for his no-life.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm kinda bummed. I mean, yeah, I agree with characters actually dying making the fluff cooler. But on the other hand, I was really planning to become a fan of the old guy someday, and now I can't really do that, somehow. Except, obviously, if they bring them back, but that really sounded very, very unlikely in my opinion.

Also, I felt the moment where she essentially destroyed the Judge's soul was over a bit too quickly - there should have been a bit more drama. Because that soul is now definitely gone. Like, absolute certainty. Right?

On Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 4:22 PM, Kaos said:

I'm expecting a wave of "reincarnated" masters. Masters going trough big changes both in models and rules.

Hide contents

Lilith is basically dead, Nico is basically dead, several other masters went trough big changes (mcMourning no longer working for guild, Nekima trying to reinstate her as a master, ecc).

I think in the next book every faction will get a new master or an "evolved" master.

Sorry if this the right place to ask, but what's happened to Lilith? (she's currently my main master, and I haven't managed to read the recent Chronicles yet but after reading the comment, I'm really curious.)

44 minutes ago, INXVI said:
  Hide contents

Sorry if this the right place to ask, but what's happened to Lilith? (she's currently my main master, and I haven't managed to read the recent Chronicles yet but after reading the comment, I'm really curious.)

It's in Broken Promises.  Lilith gets mortally wounded by Nekima and gets sealed inside Nythera by Zoriada and Dreamer to keep her from dying. Just as she's about to get sealed in she realizes that LCB is a Tyrant and that he's been manipulating her and Zoriada. The realization comes too late and she is not able to warn Zoriada.

Do we still need to stop for spoilers?

Like, isn't this a month old

and stuff

other stuff

two more lines of 

stuff

On 2/11/2018 at 3:50 PM, Skylifter-1000 said:
  Hide contents

I'm kinda bummed. I mean, yeah, I agree with characters actually dying making the fluff cooler. But on the other hand, I was really planning to become a fan of the old guy someday, and now I can't really do that, somehow. Except, obviously, if they bring them back, but that really sounded very, very unlikely in my opinion.

Also, I felt the moment where she essentially destroyed the Judge's soul was over a bit too quickly - there should have been a bit more drama. Because that soul is now definitely gone. Like, absolute certainty. Right?

Isn't the soulstone just charged by death "energy" and not actually the person's soul? 

I remember hearing one of the stories where they could do things to get more "charge" out of a death to charge more than one stone, and how they thought it was silly to call it a "soul" stone when it doesn't actually have the person's soul. (think it was Kaeris's origin) 

Basically, what I'm trying to say, is that I think its fair game for Lady J to embrace her green side and resurrect the Judge.