Shooty Molly

McSkip

Hey guys,

how would you design a shooty Molly list? And how would you play it?

My first thoughts was:

double Rougue Necromancy - Molly can debuff and shoot and with her zero let a RN shoot twice a round

Belles to lure enemies out of cover

Philip - more cards more shooting

edit: this is some kind of fun list to proof a point to a friend who says summoning is lame and shooting is bad ;)

I think this will only prove even further to your fried that summoners are lame because if you can outshoot your friend's dedicated shooty list with a primarily summoningmaster it means your friend's facrion has nothing setting them apart and ressers are better in every way. ;) Would love to see a shooty resser list though, Anna Lovelace is grest at it!

It is hard to convince someone who has decided summonerd are.op that they are not. The only way is to get thrm to play one and beat them with a non-summoner. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ludvig said:

I think this will only prove even further to your fried that summoners are lame because if you can outshoot your friend's dedicated shooty list with a primarily summoningmaster it means your friend's facrion has nothing setting them apart and ressers are better in every way. ;) Would love to see a shooty resser list though, Anna Lovelace is grest at it!

It is hard to convince someone who has decided summonerd are.op that they are not. The only way is to get thrm to play one and beat them with a non-summoner. 

Well.. probably they would start blame their hand was sooo poorly they could never summon what they wanted.

Happened against a local TT player with his new shiny Asami (well i wasn't playing ressers against him, but that didn't matter, right?).

Sorry for the OT.

• Haha 1

If you decided you really wanted to do shooty Molly lists, I think a core of Rotten Belles, Graveyard Spirit and Guild Autopsies for that hand draining, Reactivating goodness that Nikodemus suggests is the way to go. Back it up with Rogue Necromancy(s) since Terrifying 13 is amazing when your opponent doesn't have a control hand left.

The Emissary is great for Guild Autopsies, and even more so for Rotten Belles, but it feels very expensive for Molly (since she doesn't really get much out of anything it does compared to other masters - usually 10ss for Molly is better spent elsewhere IMO) and it can also get hurt by Black Blood quite easily.

I would probably avoid it unless you're hiring 6+ Minions or running this shooty list with another master such as Nicodem.

I've been pleasantly surprised with Vincent St Clair's capabilities recently so I think any shooting list should at least consider him. His front-of-card Corpse ability gives you a lot of value from the Corpses that would otherwise sit around unused (Molly really doesn't use Corpses she just provides them). As long as you litter the ground with the Corpses he becomes a pretty nice machine gun.

So, I would either go elite or go Minion heavy with an Emissary for his buffs but probably not both:

1)

8ss - Molly* +  Forgotten Life + Take Back The Night + Back On The Job, +4ss to Cache
10ss - Rogue Necromancy
10ss - Rogue Necromancy
9ss - Vincent St Clair + Deal with Death
5ss - Rotten Belle
5ss - Rotten Belle
3ss - Graveyard Spirit (still good here just to hug the Rogue Necromancies from behind)

2)

5ss - Molly* +  Forgotten Life + Take Back The Night + Back On The Job, +1ss to Cache
10ss - Carrion Emissary + Carrion Conflux
10ss - Rogue Necromancy
4ss - Guild Autopsy
4ss - Guild Autopsy
4ss - Guild Autopsy
5ss - Rotten Belle
5ss - Rotten Belle
3ss - Graveyard Spirit

* For best results replace Molly with Nicodem lol :D

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Nikodemus said:

Silly thing one of the locals likes to do is get a few Guild Autopsies (shooty bang bang), Emissary with generic conflux (+'s for autopsies) and Graveyard Spirit to drain opponent's final cards to give autopsies reactivate. I don't think he's done it with Molly though.

I love doing this too, sebastian is almost mandatory with them. 

Thank you guys - a lot of food for thought!

Anyway, i think the big problems with shooting in Malifaux is cover and fast enemy models hitting your line. Ressers can help to overcome the cover problem via lure. Doxies could push your own models out of combat. Both can cluster up the enemy for some rougue necromancy blast fun.

Will try it and report back

edit: Will try Nicodem too as I received the mystery box from octobre promotion and guess what was in there.... :)