Sign in to follow this  
Regelridderen

My first crew ( and those who followed )

Next up will be a pack of Guild hounds.

Then McMourning will come a’knockin’ with an entourage og Bete Noire and Rafkin.

While Nekima, Lelu and Lilitu will herald the beginning of a glorious neverborn collection. 

Nice conversion on Justice. Gives her much more of a Samurai-Cowboy-Ninja feel. Also like how the basing rock makes her stance far more sensible. Nice conversion on Justice. Gives her much more of a Samurai-Cowboy-Ninja feel. Also like how the basing rock makes her stance far more sensible. 

Your blending seems to be getting smoother as well based on the Judge and Jury. I was going to use the expression "judging by" in that sentence, but realised it was ridiculous enough as it was. :)

• Like 1

So I ended up getting sick of painting - as I was waiting for an order, that never showed - but now the doctor is about to get ready to cure my slump.

682F68BB-F547-4D79-AD40-E96BACDA4833_zps

58B25451-62A7-4B89-B7A4-C829E8A568ED_zps

C9EB07E1-3C82-43B8-983E-3C291C9F8CC9_zps

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, lusciousmccabe said:

Quite striking. You doing a lot of airbrushing on these?

Yes, there’s been very little actual brushwork on them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lusciousmccabe said:

How are you doing their faces? They seem to have particularly good definition.

Thanks, but that has probably more to do with poor photography than paint, I’ve done very little to their faces, other than dab in some general areas of highlights. 

2 hours ago, lusciousmccabe said:

So is that with a paintbrush?

Yep, the faces are paint brush – with the slight exception that Sebastian got a couple squirts of rosy cheeks, when I was fooling around airbrushing the blood spatters. 

-

I'll probably have to bring out my DSLR and some decent lighting, once I'm 'done' with these.

• Like 2

On 9/22/2018 at 8:46 AM, lusciousmccabe said:

Nice colour choices. Face is hard to make out in the pic though. Any chance of another one?

Patience :)

Painting is put on hold, while my floors are getting fixed. 

EPIPHANY :

I’ve playing tabletop games, rpgs and painting minis on and off for the past thirty years. I’ve always had nice’ish minis, but never really great - I still don’t get great, but they’ve improved a lot over the past few years, as I’ve started to pick up on a few mistakes. 

#1 - thin your paints. Everyone says so, but once you start doing so, you stop getting that Brush texture, and you get so much better control of colours, as you get to control how much pigment actually goes on to the mini.

#2 - use a bigger brush! For years I used teensy, tiny brushes, ‘cause I was like painiting “minis”, right? But you gotta get some slobs of base colours on to that mini. Some shadow areas, some highlights etc., before you should move on to the nitty gritty details.

#3 - Shadows aren’t black. Indeed very little is - beyond black things - so you shouldn’t use black for shadows.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1