Neverborn, Ressers and Guild - and whatever pops up.

Regelridderen

• 2 months later...

Nice conversion on Justice. Gives her much more of a Samurai-Cowboy-Ninja feel. Also like how the basing rock makes her stance far more sensible. Nice conversion on Justice. Gives her much more of a Samurai-Cowboy-Ninja feel. Also like how the basing rock makes her stance far more sensible. 

Your blending seems to be getting smoother as well based on the Judge and Jury. I was going to use the expression "judging by" in that sentence, but realised it was ridiculous enough as it was. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, lusciousmccabe said:

So is that with a paintbrush?

Yep, the faces are paint brush – with the slight exception that Sebastian got a couple squirts of rosy cheeks, when I was fooling around airbrushing the blood spatters. 

-

I'll probably have to bring out my DSLR and some decent lighting, once I'm 'done' with these.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

EPIPHANY :

I’ve playing tabletop games, rpgs and painting minis on and off for the past thirty years. I’ve always had nice’ish minis, but never really great - I still don’t get great, but they’ve improved a lot over the past few years, as I’ve started to pick up on a few mistakes. 

#1 - thin your paints. Everyone says so, but once you start doing so, you stop getting that Brush texture, and you get so much better control of colours, as you get to control how much pigment actually goes on to the mini.

#2 - use a bigger brush! For years I used teensy, tiny brushes, ‘cause I was like painiting “minis”, right? But you gotta get some slobs of base colours on to that mini. Some shadow areas, some highlights etc., before you should move on to the nitty gritty details.

#3 - Shadows aren’t black. Indeed very little is - beyond black things - so you shouldn’t use black for shadows.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1