Neverborn, Ressers and Guild - and whatever pops up.

Regelridderen

Thanks, although blowing them up in this size really brings out my sloppy painting and impatient technique :P

Hopefully with the next batch of models, I can improve and bring out some smooth gradients. I’m waiting for :

Lady Justice

Death Marshall Recruiters

The Jury

Executioners

The Lone Ranger

Brutal Effigy

Guild Hounds

- for these, I think, I’ll work a little more on painting the base for the water fx, and get the models done before slapping them on.

I was assuming it was a conscious style choice because it feels like an impressionist painting to me. In the group shot they look 50 times better than my Ortegas with smoother transitions that ended up just looking flat and boring. Nino's gun in particular came out insanely well looking and the leather looks fantastic to me.

As a tabletop technique this feels like the way to go. May I ask how long you spent on them?

It is nice to work on bases and models separately. A case could be made for pouring the water effects after fixing the model if it's supposed to be standing in the water of course.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

I was assuming it was a conscious style choice because it feels like an impressionist painting to me. In the group shot they look 50 times better than my Ortegas with smoother transitions that ended up just looking flat and boring. Nino's gun in particular came out insanely well looking and the leather looks fantastic to me.

As a tabletop technique this feels like the way to go. May I ask how long you spent on them?

Thanks. The leathers do look really great IRL ;)

I haven’t really timed the painting, but I’ve been mostly batch painting doing leathers one day, and metals the other - but on average, I’d guess a couple of hours per mini.

When it comes to looks, then I think, what is most important is getting the contrasts right, and in minis that means exaggerating the shadows and highlights, to really draw out those Tine shapes, when they’re seen at arms length. The gradients do however allow you continue marveling, once you pick up the model for a closer look :)

• Like 2

I like the style of the painting a lot.

On hte big pictures it really looks very sloppy. But in the distance it looks great. And even the close ups show bold brushstrokes - reminds me a litte bit of impressionists.

You really know where to put shadows, lights and atmospheric colors. Great!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Scatterbrain said:

Ditto! It screams the Impressionist movement, but on miniatures. I think it's amazing. Great job!

Why, thank you @scatterbrain. I must say, I'm quite overwhelmed at the enthusiasm, these minis get from you guys, but it is quite encouraging – I gotta take the time today, to slap on some more paint :)

What a fantastic and unique painting style. The close ups look strange but as soon as it's at any distance the eye seems to fill in the rest and they look fantastic. The glow on the mounted guild model is incredible. Love the skin tone of the executioners too. Looks very very good. 

• Like 1