Monday Preview - Soulstone Aficionado

Nef

Happy Monday Wyrdos!  In Malifaux Soulstones are a powerful item to have in your possession.  In today's preview, we take a look at a character who can use them better than anyone else!  

Wyrd_MondayPreview_12_18_2017.thumb.jpg.a64511c6200e1b88aa9762b03f5ac9b1.jpg

The Soulstone Aficionado is an advanced pursuit from Above the Law that focuses on expanding the use of Soulstones. Aficionados increase the range at which their Soulstones gain charges from dying characters, and each time they complete a step of the advanced pursuit, one of their allies gives them a raw, uncut Soulstone. The more charming the character is, the higher the Soulstone's Lade.

As an Aficionado becomes more skilled, they  becomes capable of increasingly impressive Soulstone-related feats, such as granting Fast to anyone they heal with a Soulstone to that old staple of 1e Malifaux, draining the souls of everyone around them to replenish an uncharged Soulstone. At the peak of their power, Soulstone Aficionados can actually spend a Soulstone's charges to draw cards from the Fate Deck into their hand, allowing them to mold and shape fate in ways hitherto unseen in Through the Breach.

After seeing a Soulstone Aficionado in action, it's easy to see why the Guild is so interested in controlling the world's supply of Soulstones....

• Like 3

Let me preface this by pointing out that, in real life, I am wearing my everyday rings. Plural. Eight.

Does anyone else think that’s a bit much on the jewelry, there?!

(I haven’t played enough of the game to enjoy a character with great assets, let alone a soulstone, so I can’t judge how the pursuit plays out.)

15 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Let me preface this by pointing out that, in real life, I am wearing my everyday rings. Plural. Eight.

Does anyone else think that’s a bit much on the jewelry, there?!

(I haven’t played enough of the game to enjoy a character with great assets, let alone a soulstone, so I can’t judge how the pursuit plays out.)

Are you the Mandarin or something :P

This guy looks absolutely bedazzling.

My group currently has two soulstones at Lade 1 *plus one junkie one use soulstone they are afraid to use cause it will break*.  Those things are legit.  Mostly for instant removal of a critical effect.  They value it enough one player walked over to the enemy that just went down and was out and finished him executioner style to recharge his soulstone.  To which someone else pointed out he was the last enemy alive that could tell them where they other group stored all the loot.  I can only imagine what would happen if someone had several soulstones *and managed to stay alive*