what's your crutch?

Angelshard

So I've recently caught myself using the mysterious emissary way too much. If the master is Pandora, colloddi or titania I put him in without even thinking about wether he's actually good in the scenario and list I'm going to be playing. Most of the time he ends up doing fine at worst, but I find I use him way too much.

I have a bit of the same with the mysterious effigy. For four stones I almost always find it's worth it.

What about the rest of you? Do you have a crutch that just gets thrown into tour lists without a thought?

Doppelganger... no question. 

There are times a different 7ss model would be better for the pool/master. Either way, she is like my NB totem enforcer now... I take her because she is really good, I'm not saying she isnt. BUT, she is a crutch of mine. I could be better if I learned to play without her from time to time. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Angelshard said:

@WWHSD true but there's also quite a lot of games where you don't need it. Generally I find that unless I play against neverborn, ressers or hamelin I don't need it. I still take it out fear for what could happen, but often I could have used the points better

My perception is probably a little skewed because not taking condition removal means I have 4 points to spend. If condition removal was a 7+ point commitment the opportunity cost is probably more of a consideration.

On 12/12/2017 at 3:09 AM, Angelshard said:

I have a bit of the same with the mysterious effigy. For four stones I almost always find it's worth it.

This! I love the little guy! 

When playing Titania, my first 6 stones in every list are Effigy + Primordial... 

Same for Lilith, but I actually prefer Cherub + Primordial 

On 12/12/2017 at 4:14 AM, Nikodemus said:

Condition removal. Model varies, but condition removal is always in. Healing is up there too. It's rare that I leave home without Monk of Low River. Arcane Effigy and Johan are given if I stray to other factions.

This! Going without condition removal kind of terrifies me. Chiaki is super amazing, as are Low River Monks. Johan is so good, even with the Merc tax.