Zoraida, new and improved?

Shadowfane

I, too, have had good experiences with Gupps. The important thing to realize about them is that you don't need to Leap with them all the time. Consider what you're trying to do and Leap when you need to.

I've used Spawn Mother quite a bit with Zoraida (as she really likes having two Wisps around and the other Wisp can help Mother) and she's been fine. Not spectacular because she doesn't do much damage or survive much of anything but she's a big presence and the Charge is a good deterrent. She basically acts as a counter punch when needed. The Gupps are the real deal there.

That said, she is far from an autoinclude.

• Like 2

So guys iv'e been looking at Zoraida's upgrades and the more i look at poisoned fate the more i like it.

The attack against models is ok but i'm really interested in the ability 'poisoned fate'.

It could combo well with Barbaros challenge aura or even a sneaky obey making the model cheat.

Have you guys had any experience with this upgrade??

• Like 1

I was thinking about using a Bloodwretch for some extra card cycling in Z's crew but wanted to see whether I have a good understanding of how they might work. The way I was thinking it might work was:

1. Zoraida obeys Bloodwretch to take (1) The Rage Builds

2. Zoraida obeys Bloodwretch to charge (Juju/hemmed Doll/Illuminated as a target).

Now the question is, does the Bloodwretch get to draw 2 cards after damaging? Because if he does, he can still do two more attacks during his activation for a total of 8 cards to be cycled. Seems too good so I'm probably interpreting it wrongly....

49 minutes ago, Viruk said:

1. Zoraida obeys Bloodwretch to take (1) The Rage Builds

2. Zoraida obeys Bloodwretch to charge (Juju/hemmed Doll/Illuminated as a target).

Now the question is, does the Bloodwretch get to draw 2 cards after damaging? Because if he does, he can still do two more attacks during his activation for a total of 8 cards to be cycled. Seems too good so I'm probably interpreting it wrongly....

He gets to draw cards during obey charge, but not during its activation, as Rage Builds buff lasts only until the end of current activation, not end of turn.
But the combo is pretty solid anyway

• Like 3