A friend for Jack Daw

Xynok

Hi all,

So I'm nearly finished painting up the stuff I have for Jack and I'm looking for a second outcast master to cover some of the bases that he doesn't. I have yet to get a game with him but I don't like having an empty painting table when I'm on a roll.

Current outcast stuff I have is:
JD's crew box
Ama No Zako
Hodgepodge Emissary
Hodgepodge Effigy
Johan
Malifaux child

My favourite of the remaining masters in the faction are Tara and Levi but I'm not sure if they're going to perform well in the things that Jack isn't great at. I've also been looking at Parker and Von Schill (who has a great box from what I've read to flesh out the faction). Viks are okay, I don't love the model for Blood or the Ronin, Hamelin I like and dislike depending on the weather (today I don't like him, go figure), and Misaki I'm just not that keen on (she seems like a T10 master more than an outcast one).

Tara has the minor advantage that Karina can summon the Drowned I own. 

The argument I have for Levi is I played Arcanists a bit before switching to the correct faction so I have Joss, Howard, Steambugs, Large Arachnid, Mobile Toolkit, Rail Golem and probably something I'm forgetting. I also have the Seamus box, dead doxies and bete noire. Drowned and Hanged are also there who I got for JD really. So there's some stuff to use with his Pariah upgrades lying around. Not necessarily the top-end stuff with lots of synergy but it's there.

So where would you suggest I turn my attention to next? Doesn't need to be my two favourites, the margins between all of these are pretty slim. Also what would you suggest as a good way to expand on that master's crew box?

I would say Von Schill, Viktoria, Parker or Misaki.... a more terrestrial based crew to counter the fullly supernatural crew Jackie, Tara and Levi provides.

Hamelin is in the middle, either he's super terrestrial or really out there, so I'd say no so you'd have to stretch your legs, metaphorically speaking.  

This way people don't know what you're doing when you declare outcasts.  Do I prepare for manipulation?  Do I prepare for a beat down?