Swamping the supply wagon

Ludvig

So the new joker strat supply wagon seems like it will really be nice for swampfiends. You could shadow-deploy a few waldgeists to block the crap out of the marker and then get a couple of silurids up turn 1 and start placing it into their half of the table before they can react properly. Then follow up with the geists to block their pushback. That could potentially cause a lot of stress on an enemy from the start. Whichever swampfiend is carrying the deployment upgrade would probably help with scoring guarded treasure, McTavish for example could keep relevant with his shooting into the scrum around the marker.

Thoughts? Other Nvb models that could handle this better?

I'm not sure waldgeists will slow down wagons too much. It being ht3 blocking should let a 30mm base use it to stay out of engagement and push it through their markers.

Tannen with chatty thrown in the middle though and a waldgeists on the side though could do it. Try to prevent interacts no matter what side of the wagon your on.

I'm looking at a brawler Pandora with fugue state. Having to cheat or take damage each time you want to push the wagon should really hurt. 

I do like the idea of throwing something in turn one though. A couple of waldgeists in the path of the wagon could really throw a spanner in the opponents plan.and if you can prevent him from getting the wagon across the line turn one you're in a really strong position to deny him the start.

• Like 1

On 2017-12-07 at 1:54 PM, KnightA4 said:

I'm not sure waldgeists will slow down wagons too much. It being ht3 blocking should let a 30mm base use it to stay out of engagement and push it through their markers.

Tannen with chatty thrown in the middle though and a waldgeists on the side though could do it. Try to prevent interacts no matter what side of the wagon your on.

Tannen's bubble will be even harder to keep relevant. Two of the geists could be a little to each side so you always have LoS to one and touching terrain (such as their own markers) gives them a 4" engagement. The third one stands so that the opponent can't fit the marker between the three bases but have to push it less than 1" if they do get to interact.

I love the Cherub for the wagon strat.  Turn 1 a Groot can push it 8" by itself - (0) Interact, walk, Interact - and a second one can easily double walk and (0) Interact to push it right up to the center line.  Anything else can tap it over the line to score Turn 2, or use the Groot again to really shove it over into enemy territory to make it harder to deny.  The Cherub gets extra use in Wagon because enemy models tend to want to group near it, enabling its Hazardous Terrain auras to stack up incidental damage.  The forced movement away from the wagon also prevents enemy crews from setting up for next turn, pushing them off their intended waiting spot and forcing them to waste AP to walk up to the wagon, or pushing them away so you can walk up and Interact to push theirs back.

• Like 1