Titania Tactica

santaclaws01

11 hours ago, le_sphinx said:

The Kades cost decrease was a real surprise for me! I think he is quite good even for 7 ss (especially with Teddy), but now he will see table more often for sure.

How do you guys plan to use Lelu? Alone or with his sister? Now he is more attractive to take him from start - 6 ss + his 0 upgrade, before I only summoned him via Dreamer. Barbaros and Tooth can provide pushes for his “pounce” condition. Of course this route can be more violent with Lilitu, cause she will also get that “pounce” and she can give positive flips for both of them. Yeah unfortunately they can’t be “faes”, so no shared armour and no buffs from Emissary.

If you want pounce why not just bring a rougarou. I know they're more expensive but they are fae so benefit from all the synergy. 

Lillie is great and a lure would be nice in a titania crew. I for now prefer an autumn Knight though, they're very resilient for their cost and have a sort of semi lure, ok it's a push and short range but I can usually get a target after a walk. You can also get models into a better position by first using audience with the queen, and placing a model in range of the challenge. 

And although their "lure" is a lot weaker, they can drop scheme markers so easily which is great. 

On 1/10/2018 at 7:02 PM, le_sphinx said:

I've been thinking about incorporating a lure into titania in scheme Pools where set up is in the pool and some others where positioning of models is key. Enter lilitu. 

I then stumbled upon hannah, who with arcane reservoir already looks interesting. She can copy lilitus lure. This can then lure a model into rougarou/tooth death trap. 

I'm going to try this crew out in a friendly game and see how it goes. 

-Titania: Queens champion, Royal indignation, behold my glory/audience with the queen 

- hannah: 1k faces

- lillitu

- mysterious emissary: primeval conflux

- rougarou

- tooth

- primordial magic

The idea is that all the minions drop markers turn 1 which emissary converts into two changelings easily. With rush of magic arcane reservoir and stoning for cards when it's really necessary that should be easy. You only need a 4 crows plus and 2 7s. It's not impossible that you top deck 1 or 2 of those TNs. 

You now bump your crew up to 9 activations. 

Luring something in should make it easier for hannah to get an early kill and become the champion. 

Champion seems very interesting because she goes to armor 2, together with her suit stripping aura, possibly fears given for and ss prevention, as well as potential taunts from titania, that seems like a solid tarpit. She can then focus and attack for blasts and a lot of scheme markers. 

Changelings provide some cheap activations for scheming. Tooth rougarou provide you with the damage alongside hannah. 

I usually run titania with her fae and it always felt strong. This crew runs a bit differently but seems like it can be strong in the right scheme Pools. 

1. What do you guys think about the crew. What are its pros and cons or is it just garbage. 

2. What about just lilitu. A ca7 lure seems very solid in a fae crew. Though at 7ss she directly competes with a Knight and a doppelganger. 

3. I only used Queens champion once when titania came out. I really need the upgrade slot on titania and you don't have perfect control of where it goes. Do you guys use it, in what situations? 

11 hours ago, Joachim said:

What about just lilitu. A ca7 lure seems very solid in a fae crew. Though at 7ss she directly competes with a Knight and a doppelganger. 

Lilitu is great for sure. While the Tooth is compulsory include for Titania, I will take Lilitu instead of the Thorn. Knights defense is better and they are faes, but a real strong “lure” and 4 inch engagement are more preferable for me. Also her “whispers in blood” gives :+fate for all duels! So this can help for her survivability a little bit.

Now it’s really interesting time to give a try for Lelu with his ss cost decrease. Maybe even to take him instead of Rougarou and combine the twins with the Tooth. Two “lures” from Lilitu and max 4 pushes from the knight (ideally). This “pounce” setup will need more carefull management, but I think the output can be more positive. When both twins are on table, they can heal together well. Also they can share “pounce” and “whispers in blood”. Another thing is Lelu’s 0 upgrade, which gives him +1 Df and almost free card draw-card discard ability.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that Baby Kade and Lelu cost 6 stones each I'm not sure the Rougarou is worth it just for fae synergy as it costs 2ss more and I'm not even sure it's better than Kade regardless of SS cost. Kade being able to get to min 5 damage is just amazing for a 6 cost and he has a higher base than the Rougarou as well.

Take Kade with Depression, teleport something into his charge range using Audience With The Queen, discard a low crow with Kade and that's a pretty easy 10 damage even without pounce shenanigans.

1 hour ago, Angelshard said:

I completely agree on kade. Especially if you rum him in royal indignation so he can get armor. The only thing to be aware of is his shorter engagement range.

with as much push control that a pounce list has i really dont see this as being that big of a problem. 

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, Mununkulus said:

I'll be playing my Titania into Mei Feng this week. Any list suggestion that circumvents "vent steam" ? Casting against her crews always seems like a waste of resources.

Bring Ml attacks? There are plenty of those in Nvb. Titania could hunt models outside of the bubble while some big beaters smack her bubble around.

3 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Bring Ml attacks? There are plenty of those in Nvb. Titania could hunt models outside of the bubble while some big beaters smack her bubble around.

I figured out that much :) but since this will only be my 2nd game with her, I was hoping for a little more in depth comments, maybe even a list of someone who has played this match-up before and succeeded.

• Like 1

Its hard to suggest lists when  all we know is you want to use Titania and your opponent is going to use Mei Feng. About the only useful advice is Don't rely on Ca and Sh actions. 

Take insidious madness, it will be able to walk through all the walls on the indoor board you are playing on and so be able to drop those markers for covert Breakthrough is pretty in depth, but probably no use in about 99% of the games you play because you aren't playing on an indoor board or don't have the option of covert breakthrough. 

I would be wary of Kang showing up if you are likely to be taking a themed list, as there are several undead and constructs for Kang to give bonus' against. Otherwise, we don't even know what faction you're facing. As long as you don't focus on Ca attacks, you can probably not worry about her bunching up for vent steam protection.

Alternatively you can try and force your opponent to bunch by picking plenty of Ca attacks, and then get models with black blood or other area effects to get into the bubble and cause havoc. Bubbling up under vent steam protection is only a good idea if you can still score points that way, so not so great in Ours or Symbols where you need to spread out to score/prevent scoring. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mununkulus said:

I figured out that much :) but since this will only be my 2nd game with her, I was hoping for a little more in depth comments, maybe even a list of someone who has played this match-up before and succeeded.

Havrn't played Titania but Nekima, Graves and the doppleganger are usually nice for beating face. If the pool is killyyou could take all three or you could spread out and scheme, there are plenty of games where bunching up can be detrimental for Mei.

8 hours ago, Mununkulus said:

I'll be playing my Titania into Mei Feng this week. Any list suggestion that circumvents "vent steam" ? Casting against her crews always seems like a waste of resources.

Use Titania to pick off models outside of the vent steam aura. Punish your opponent for not hiding near Mei Feng. Definitely don't bring Royal Indignation in case they bring Kang. Pact With the Grave Spirit will still be useful against Mei Feng in that you can stop her(or any of her crew) from healing at all as long as she's near Titania. Tooth and Barbaros will be very useful here with the built in push on their attack actions as you can push people out of vent steam. For a beater I'd look at either Nekima, Cyclops or Hooded Rider.,

6 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

Use Titania to pick off models outside of the vent steam aura. Punish your opponent for not hiding near Mei Feng. Definitely don't bring Royal Indignation in case they bring Kang. Pact With the Grave Spirit will still be useful against Mei Feng in that you can stop her(or any of her crew) from healing at all as long as she's near Titania. Tooth and Barbaros will be very useful here with the built in push on their attack actions as you can push people out of vent steam. For a beater I'd look at either Nekima, Cyclops or Hooded Rider.,

Note: This first paragraph is pretty much only useful if your opponent doesn't know you're going to play Titania.  If s/he does, and knows you're going to take a themed crew, then yeah.  Don't take Royal Indignation!  & Kill Kang!  ASAP

That's funny, I was actually going to go with the opposite and say that Royal Indignation would be better as you're probably not going to be able to go on an assassination run on Mei.  Royal Indignation gives you some non-armour reduction on Titania that would be helpful against everyone but Mei (and if she's just putting up Vent Steam every turn, then she's not attacking Titania!).  Titania should have enough casting to warrant Mei doing at least one Vent every turn, even without PwtGS.  Also if they don't have Kang (or more specifically, Hard Worker), then the armour you can gain could be well worth it.  Even if they do have Kang or the upgrade, you can remove it!  Target priority. If you do go for Royal Indgination, then definitely take Taproot to get your stuff out of dodge.

As for the beaters recommended above, you could take all three and still have an 8-model crew!

The push ideas with Graves/Tooth/Barbarous(/I'd also add Teddy) were also quite good if you want to get people out of the Vent Steam bubble as they're all on Ml actions.  Also, Vent Steam's effectiveness really depends on the Schemes & Strats.  If you're playing something that requires spreading out (eg Ours), then it'll be much easier for you. 

1 hour ago, Da Git said:

Note: This first paragraph is pretty much only useful if your opponent doesn't know you're going to play Titania.  If s/he does, and knows you're going to take a themed crew, then yeah.  Don't take Royal Indignation!  & Kill Kang!  ASAP

That's funny, I was actually going to go with the opposite and say that Royal Indignation would be better as you're probably not going to be able to go on an assassination run on Mei.  Royal Indignation gives you some non-armour reduction on Titania that would be helpful against everyone but Mei (and if she's just putting up Vent Steam every turn, then she's not attacking Titania!).  Titania should have enough casting to warrant Mei doing at least one Vent every turn, even without PwtGS.  Also if they don't have Kang (or more specifically, Hard Worker), then the armour you can gain could be well worth it.  Even if they do have Kang or the upgrade, you can remove it!  Target priority. If you do go for Royal Indgination, then definitely take Taproot to get your stuff out of dodge.

As for the beaters recommended above, you could take all three and still have an 8-model crew!

The push ideas with Graves/Tooth/Barbarous(/I'd also add Teddy) were also quite good if you want to get people out of the Vent Steam bubble as they're all on Ml actions.  Also, Vent Steam's effectiveness really depends on the Schemes & Strats.  If you're playing something that requires spreading out (eg Ours), then it'll be much easier for you. 

If they take Kang, then Royal Indignation will just neuter your crew. And PWtGS gives more than just assassination potential to Titania. Unless it's Yas, then your opponent won't really be throwing stuff out of the vent steam bubble to attack Titania anyways, so the reduction on RI will get mostly wasted. Or they just don't attack Titania and it gets wasted because you have no reliable way to put She Will End Us All on your opponents models while they're in the steam.

As for Mei spening all her AP on steam, she can do it on a trigger and move around well enough with railwalk, and she's already an efficient attacker with her triggers, so spending ap on vent steam isn't really an issue.

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Trixter said:

Hi all!

Guys what do you think about Envy? Free 6Sh with :blastand focus for any model including Queen. And I presume changelings can also get (4+1)Sh with:blast.😱

What do you mean free shot?  If you're talking about getting the +1:tomeSh, then yes, it's very easy, but I wouldn't say it's free.  The big problem with Envy is his gun is naturally a :ToS-Range:. Most of the scheme markers I seem to put out with Titania are really close, so you're likely to need to randomise the attack.

Changlings also won't get the +1:tomeSh, as it's one of Envy's abilities and not baked into the attack. They also won't get the blast as they can't declare triggers.  They do however get the built-in :+flip to the attack flip.

Could be worth it though... Try it and see what you think!  His mod 5 or even better sev6/blast5 is certainly quality if you can get it off... :)

Hey guys, just won a local tourney playing Titania. Played a gunline with Trapper, 2 Changelings and Doppelganger. Starting to really love Pact as I been using Titania as a tarpit and push model with Nekima to engage enemy beaters, while the gunline keeps rest of the stuff in check. 

Of course, this is highly dependent on terrain as well, this probably wouldn't work as well in more cluttered boards with no vantage points. 

Feel free to check out the  Battle Report here.

2 hours ago, -Loki- said:

How does Pact help her tarpit? It's designed purely around killing masters and stopping them preventing the damage. Are you referring instead to Royal Indignation?

Titania can tarpit even without Royal Indignation, it just increases her survivability.

On the other hand, Pact stops SS use and healing within 3", not just damage prevention. SS users cannot stone for suits and such, reducing their effectiveness. This is powerful against certain masters and henchmen that rely on suits for key actions. No healing means tanky models or setups that include healers are now weakened as well. Your opponent now has to spend resources killing Titania or getting out of her 3" bubble. While she's not unkillable, it will distract them for a bit while Nekima wreaks havoc. 

So while it doesn't directly help her tarpit, it complicates things for the opponent when she's acting as a tarpit. They have to be a lot more careful with their resources, especially when Nekima's Fears Given Form is up together with Titania's Thirsty Roots. I find that I seldom aggressively attack leaders or use The Rot Within as I tend to play against high Wp crews. But I guess that's also partly because I keep forgetting she has a free suit and +1 damage against leaders. Instead, much of the AP is spent getting Titania into position or trying to get healing/command triggers to support the other models in the melee. 

7 hours ago, -Loki- said:

How does Pact help her tarpit? It's designed purely around killing masters and stopping them preventing the damage. Are you referring instead to Royal Indignation?

Titania's default is tarpiting, royal indignation makes anything you do to her pointless, whereas pact blocks off resources from models.

As an aside, I've been procrastinating on this long enough. I should have an update on the tactica by the end of the month at the latest