Scheme runners a comparison

JosephCurwen

I'm seeing more options for guild scheme running with investigators and reporters. What do you think of them? 

Investigators are nice with queeg obviously but I can see a lot of use when my models have a spare action to drop a marker so that I can remove it

Field reporters might be a bit card hungry if I want the right triggers but are cheaper and have a lot of utility

1 hour ago, JosephCurwen said:

I tend to use watchers a lot for LOS and I don't like hounds 

Everyone likes hounds! ;) 

Investigators hardly seem like runners to me. For 6ss you get a model that has wk 5 and no real bonus towards getting their own markers down. They are great support models and will be sick as anti-schemers though since you can push enemies out of position when they drop their markers near you and you can discard their markers if you activate after them. Lots of the new marker schemes seem to rely on model positions in relation to the markers so that push will be silly good.

Reporters are obviously OP at 4ss and they scheme runbetter than investigators since they can steal enemy markers. If you just need a marker down somewhere using their ap seems very efficient. With gg18 the two models will be nice for very different schemes. Trapping things will be ridiculously easy when you can just push the desired enemy model wherever you want it with no possibility of resisting. Just putting down markers near the centerline a reporter is obviously better at it so it would depend heavily on which schemes you intend to do. 

If you need to run into the enemy corner to drop a marker for surround them I would guess the reporter does it cheaper so is the obvious choice although I still don't think either of them are "runny" enough for that scheme to seem appealing to us guildies, they're not tots or silurids.

In stake a claim I can't imagine anything giving McMourning with silurids or McCabe with nimble hounds a run for their money. Maybe Lucius but he would prefer the model to be a mimic so he should probably bring changelings instead. Neither of your two models will have a remote chance at ousting them as far as I can tell.

4 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Guild Guard are obviously OP at 4ss

Fixed that for you.

Just can't understand how they've avoided eratta for this long, they are long overdue for a nerf.

Just look at them, even compared to autopsies and wastrels...plain broken.

Sorry went slightly off topic.

2 hours ago, Vorschlag said:

Fixed that for you.

Just can't understand how they've avoided eratta for this long, they are long overdue for a nerf.

Just look at them, even compared to autopsies and wastrels...plain broken.

Sorry went slightly off topic.

Hahaha! Guild guard are NEVER off topic. :D