Reva, where to start for purchases

Rayzthedead

You've got a really solid core going already with some positioning shenanigans with the Doxies and Belles, some scheme running with the Crooligans, and a second beater to take the heat off with the rogue necromancy.  A popular addition to her is the Carrion Emissary (and thus, by extension Mindless zombies) as additional vectors of attack as well as a reasonable damage dealer in it's own right.

Another popular choice is Yin, since her :-fateWP condition is basically a death sentence.  I find her more of a "win more" piece in Reva than anything really necessary though.

I've also had some fun with Archie as "yet another wrecking ball" who has the added perk of getting your corpse markers into better spots as the battle progresses.

• Like 2

Not the usual pick but I love Bete Noire with reva and her Guises of Death upgrade. She can put your opponent in the defensive turn one allowing you to set up with the remaining crew. Philip and the necropunk/doxy is also nice as face cards will be on demand to confirm hits or debuffs with this crew.

• Like 1

Reva has few must-haves since she isn't reliant directly on Condition synergy or keyword synergy (which is great since pretty much every other master is). That said there are a a lot of great choices to consider.

First, the two biggies: Yin and the Emissary.

Despite getting middling results whenever I've hired Yin with Reva, I've basically only ever heard good things of including Yin from other people. The (0) is great at securing free hits with Reva's attacks. 

The Emissary is very popular for many reasons. It's solid with almost all of our masters and extremely good with a few. Although it's a big investment in SS and money, it sees a decent amount of play with Seamus is also very nasty with Nicodem so it's not only an investment in Reva; it's an investment into Ressurectionists as a whole. 

I really like a Nurse with Reva (and Seamus).

Specifically for Reva, their :tome trigger operates similar to Yin's debuff to neuter a target's defense so that Reva can unload on them, in addition to all the usual dirty tricks their other triggers provide.

They can partner very nicely with the Shieldbearers that Reva frequently brings - even the lowest of cards are all valuable to a Nurse+Shieldbearer combo - transforming them into Armour +3 walls (a :-fate doesn't really matter to Shieldbearers most of the time), Wk7 scheme runners with easy access to 'free' Fast, or even unavoidable damage dealers with multiple :ram - even a hand of only 1:ram, 2:ramand 3:ram converts to minimum 6 damage that can't be dodged with their triggers.

I would also back the support for Bete Noire. She's another model that sees a lot of love from Nicodem+Seamus players so she won't go to waste in your model pool. The Guises play is great, but even the simple turn by turn 8" Corpse Candle production that Reva generates (which makes Bete impossible to get rid of and super hard to hide from) is good.

• Like 3

Pretty much everything @hydranixx said.  I also see less and less value for Yin with Asura out, Asura can hang back and let Reva truly reach out and touch the entire board.  It's very strong.  

Basically,
Reva, asura, emissary, bete, killjoy, nurses, rotten belles, and shield bearers, are the majority of what work their way in to my crews.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am personally very interested in trying Asura Rotten with Reva.

Anything to increase the amount of Corpses is a good thing with her and being able to funnel your opponent into the path you want is huge, so the Emissary is necessary in my opinion.

I want to like Draugr with Reva as they are thematic but I don't have the desire to pay 8ss for minions.  I may be completely wrong in that mindset though.

Belles are huge for positioning in Resurrectionists in general and a Nurse is always a great addition.

Yin is gravy but also great at holding a zone.

I have only played Killjoy with Reva once and it was super fun but Molly delivers him better.

I know I've told you all of this in group chats but thought I would throw in my two cents anyway!

Druager can be ignored and forgotten about. They were never worth it as a hire for any master, and their one redeeming feature has been supplanted by another model.

If you plan to run Asura Canine Remains are impressive. If they are in range of Asura one attack each round can function as an effective ml 7 with a decent dmg track. They are cheap enough to spam to really take advantage of the hands below. And if you have nothing better to do they can dig up more corpses.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey, I hope it is okay to resurrect this topic. 

I am just starting to use Reva, and would be interested what you'd bring in a 35SS list with her - the Emissary seems way to costly at that points level.

I've had three games so far, using her box (so shield bearers, Vincent St. Clair, and obviously the candles), Kentauroi and Draugr, with mixed results.

I feel the Draugr is a waste of points, he somehow manages to be squishy with Df and Wp 6 and Hard to Wound, I don't know how, really... Vincent is a bit too squishy, too, dies or almost dies in every game. 

The Kentauros is pretty squishy, too, but it does one thing really well: deliver corpse tokens to the enemy. 

The shield bearers are great, maybe a single SS too expensive, imo. 

So how to build a list at 35 points? Missions are Ours, Supply Wagons, Symbols of Authority. Any ideas? I can get almost any model in time, I think, Transmortis is out, but that is probably it. 

On 28/01/2018 at 7:12 AM, Skylifter-1000 said:

Hey, I hope it is okay to resurrect this topic. 

I am just starting to use Reva, and would be interested what you'd bring in a 35SS list with her - the Emissary seems way to costly at that points level.

I've had three games so far, using her box (so shield bearers, Vincent St. Clair, and obviously the candles), Kentauroi and Draugr, with mixed results.

I feel the Draugr is a waste of points, he somehow manages to be squishy with Df and Wp 6 and Hard to Wound, I don't know how, really... Vincent is a bit too squishy, too, dies or almost dies in every game. 

The Kentauros is pretty squishy, too, but it does one thing really well: deliver corpse tokens to the enemy. 

The shield bearers are great, maybe a single SS too expensive, imo. 

So how to build a list at 35 points? Missions are Ours, Supply Wagons, Symbols of Authority. Any ideas? I can get almost any model in time, I think, Transmortis is out, but that is probably it. 

Here's my thoughts on 35ss with Reva:

Don't bother with Kentauroi. One of their greatest abilities is ferrying masters around so they don't have to waste AP or card walking, and Reva is the only master they can't do this for  since she's HT3. They're also insanely easy to kill for their price, and when one dies in a 35ss game, which it will, you're really going to feel it.

You're right that our Emissary can seem steep at 35s; anything at 10ss would. Even so, it's worth considering if you're going minion-heavy. If you commit to something like 1-2 Belles and 2 Shieldbearers as your core, then Emissary+Carrion Conflux is still amazing for all the buffs he hands out. On that note, either commit to multiple Shieldbearers or take none. Their ability to gain Fast for discarding or using SS nearby is very underrated if you have lots of them. I would basically say, bring 2 or 3 of them + the Emissary or leave all of them out.

I rate Vincent very highly, he's really infuriating to deal with for your opponent if you position him well (with his upgrade this is almost every game) and his basic attack comes with 3 really useful triggers. There's a lot of people saying there's little need to play him with Reva though, since they do similar tasks - pressuring at range. I find space from him in some Reva crews - usually ones where the board lets him abuse his From The Shadows and free push mechanics. Your preferences matter a lot, of course, but I personally reckon he's the tits. Admittedly at 35ss you're really stretched for SS, so he might not make the cut all the time. But he's definitely a good model to at least consider and to practice with.

I found this list relatively straightforward to work with for 35ss:
Reva with Decaying Aura, Beyond Death.
Carrion Emissary with Carrion Conflux
Rotten Belle
Rotten Belle
Shieldbearer
Shieldbearer

This list was also a lot of fun - though it is a bit risky and highly dependent on terrain:
Reva with Litany of the Fallen, Decaying Aura, Guises of Death.
Vincent with MLH+DWD
Bete Noire
Friekorps Trapper
Crooligan

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, hydranixx said:

Here's ...Crooligan

Lots of ideas for me to consider, thanks!

I really like your first list. Rotten Belles is something I also thought about, since they will be good for getting the one corpse token in the center of the table early, maybe even on turn one - with one or two lures and a quick charge, possibly. Not to mention their general schemy goodness. 

I'm going to have a practice match on Thursday, probably going to try out something completely different, though, because it's against Mei Feng - where I reckon Reva's attacks will be kind of useless against Vent Steam without some MI help. If you have any thoughts on that matchup, I'd be glad to read them. 

• Like 1

Glad to have helped.

First things first, I'll preface my suggestions by saying that I don't rate Mei Feng in Arcanists very highly, but Mei Feng in Thunders can be very strong especially if the player is good. The match up will depend heavily which faction she's playing. Either way, Ressurs do have all the tools required to deal with her.

Carrion Emissary with Carrion Conflux pays off big time vs Mei Feng as the :+fate to nearby Minion Attacks means she can't just Vent Steam once just to deny your Lures - she needs to Vent Steam twice just to keep you on negative flips, so 2/3 of her activation is wasted just trying to stop you, and even then you could decide to just Focus -> Lure for a straight flip anyway. His wall can also be crucial for separating Mei Feng from other models that she wants to protect.

A few things in general when hiring other models or picking masters vs Mei:

- Impossible to Wound is worth a lot in this match up as it is very annoying for Mei Feng - a lot of her common picks (Shadow Emissary, Rail Workers) as well as herself have trash Min damage.
- Bring multiple models that ignore Armour or can summon models that ignore Armour.
- Mei is permanently immune to Slow and Paralyze and Kang is always an option to completely deny Horror duels, so don't invest heavily in Terrifying-based play styles.
- Students' Lecture Notes are incredibly powerful against Mei Feng, both offensively and defensively. - She's very fragile without her Df trigger and her attacks are terrible if they can't combo into multiple additional attacks through their triggers, and Lecture Notes stops all of this.

On 12/14/2017 at 1:21 PM, Fetid Strumpet said:

Druager can be ignored and forgotten about. They were never worth it as a hire for any master, and their one redeeming feature has been supplanted by another model.

Sorry to tangent but I'd been starting to look at these models as an odd beater/support hybrid piece.  What was their one redeeming feature in your opinion and what model supplanted it?

Their one redeeming feature was it was if I'm not mistaken, the only base ml6 min dmg 3 model you could summon. Shikome could get that, but only if they had adversary on the enemy so it required an extra hoop. All their other gimmicks might be novel but really didn't have any consistent benefit. Given that you can now summon Kentauroi, I'm not seeing the need to own them. Granted Kentauroi also have a hoop to get min 3, but it's a much easier one to get past than the Shikome, and they offer some utility that the Drauger never will. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Their one redeeming feature was it was if I'm not mistaken, the only base ml6 min dmg 3 model you could summon. Shikome could get that, but only if they had adversary on the enemy so it required an extra hoop. All their other gimmicks might be novel but really didn't have any consistent benefit. Given that you can now summon Kentauroi, I'm not seeing the need to own them. Granted Kentauroi also have a hoop to get min 3, but it's a much easier one to get past than the Shikome, and they offer some utility that the Drauger never will. 

I've seen them used occasionally to make use of the soulbound upgrades to help fuel the Kiari summon engine either by dropping more scheme markers or gaining back soulstone, but it takes up another crow from your deck to do so. 

I've been out of the loop on ressers for a while, just coming back again now.  I think the trick to differentiating them from the other min dmg 3 models (Kentauroi) is going to be getting use out of their superior defenses (Df 6 WP 6 is basically unheard of on a summon for us) and the permanent :+fate they can give out for your moderate crows (since large crows are normally spoken for).

Actually, this is also the only way to buff shoot actions.  Resser gunline :D?   (not good, just wacky)

17 hours ago, Clement said:

Actually, this is also the only way to buff shoot actions.  Resser gunline :D?   (not good, just wacky)

Well no only... Carrion Emissary with Carrion Conflux buffs Autopsies very well :) Attack opponents hand harder and you will get a Reactivation for your "gunners" :) 

So I have had a few games with Reva now and I feel she is really very versatile as far as crew is concerned. Unless you are playing against pure construct lists, corpse markers will be plenty enough by turn three at the latest, usually. Emissary, Shieldbearers and other corpse-producing models aren't even necessary, though they may be helpful if you want to use stuff like corpse bloat in addition.

One thing that stood out to me was Bete Noir when playing Reva with Guises of Death (the upgrade that lets you put a corpse candle 8" from the enemy), because she usually only gets to pop out in turn two or three to be effective, or you have to give up a Crooligan for her to be on the table early - with Guises of Death she gets to start annoying the enemy on turn one. And you still get the corpse token, and, if your opponent isn't quick enough killing the candle, you get to first put :+fate to damage flips on one of his models that will after that have to deal with Bete. With Df 7 on her, if you pick your target well, it can be difficult to deal with for the enemy, and you'll just bury again and pop out elsewhere when he eventually does her in. 

On 12/5/2017 at 5:26 PM, aquenaton said:

Yes, I would recommend the emissary and Yin as very good pieces for her. On the other hand, I am thinking Asura rotten could be an interesting addition if you follow the zombie horde path. At some time, I would like to try Toshiro with a pack of Shieldbearers.

Even if you aren't looking to make a bunch of Zombies with Asura, it looks like she's got some tricks in a Reva crew.

Corpse Candles are Undead so they can use one of Asura's attacks instead of their Ml4 1/2/3 attack. Leaving the Quarantine Markers out gives your opponent one more type of marker that they need to be aware of when positioning in addition to Corpse Markers.  If you've got a 2 Quarantine Zones within 3 inches of a target, your Corpse Candles are more or less getting to swing with a Ml8 attack.

• Like 1

Right, so I played her in a 35 SS tournament yesterday, and in two of the games used this crew:

• Reva, Guises of Death, Riders in the Sky, 5 SS
  • Carrion Emissary, Carrion Conflux
  • Dead Rider, My Little Helper
  • Shikome
  • Guild Autopsy

Worked pretty well, the Emissary, Autopsy and Shikome are kind of their own team but also provide a Zombie per turn for Reva to cast through, the Dead Rider holds back for turns 1 & 2 (though I just used MLH on turn 2 and went forward), and Reva just kills things. In the second game, she didn't even spend a single AP (nor a 0) on movement. Ended the game right where she started. 

• 1 month later...
On 06.12.2017 at 5:51 AM, hydranixx said:

They can partner very nicely with the Shieldbearers that Reva frequently brings - even the lowest of cards are all valuable to a Nurse+Shieldbearer combo - transforming them into Armour +3 walls (a :-fate doesn't really matter to Shieldbearers most of the time), Wk7 scheme runners with easy access to 'free' Fast, or even unavoidable damage dealers with multiple :ram - even a hand of only 1:ram, 2:ramand 3:ram converts to minimum 6 damage that can't be dodged with their triggers.

I'm really sorry for "necro-posting" but i just started Reva and also curious about what models will be handy for her.
I saw message above.. Can you please clarify how can you make a min 6 dmg on Shieldbearers? About Nurses "Hallucinogenes" condition - it doesnt stack, so how can multiple :ram help here?