JUST STARTED MOLLY AND LOOKING FOR ANOTHER MASTER TO COMPLEMENT HER.

Rayzthedead

Hey guys for a fun secret santa event we did I ended up getting Molly for a master. I am super excited to play her! Now another twist I want to get another master for Rezzers to have more options at events and such. Who would complement Molly to bring along? Also a master that makes use of her models too would be nice, lots of over lap to cut down painting :P
I am going to be purchasing Saemus and Nico starter sets to kick off my rezzers and fill out Molly, past that I think ill be grabbing dead doxies, necro punks and a rogue necro. I would like a master that plays differently then molly and can make use of the list i have started. 

I suppose Nicodem would be the natural foil to Molly, since he uses a lot of the same models, but on the other hand he does have a similar style being a summoner.

I chose McMourning and Nicodem as my two Resurrectionist masters because of their different playstyles.

Saemus likes belles, so there is some overlap there, and he has a different playstyle... although there are some who would say he's not outstanding at that style... but loaded with models that affect Wp duels he is entertaining enough I'd imagine.

If you're playing Spirit Molly there's a lot of crossover with Kirai, although again... summoner. Still, Resurrectionists are the summoning faction. Tara is there of course, but she's very different to the rest of the faction.

I'd say play Saemus and Molly. It's fluffy too, given their history.

• Like 1

I recommend Nicodem wholeheartedly. 

Not only does Molly really, really want Nico's Punk Zombies, but some Molly builds (all Undead ones) excel with Mortimer's Fresh Meat. Nicodem will find Philip and the Nanny essential to almost every crew and will often find value in 1 or 2 hired Crooligans.

Even though they're both summoners, they have very distinct methods of achieving their summoning and very distinct objectives - Nicodem passively summons and buffs Undead while micro managing and abusing Corpses. Molly actively summons point blank into enemies, while debuffing them and putting Black Blood everywhere. So, I don't think they fulfill the same niche in your master pool.

They pair exceptionally well in my opinion.

• Like 3

You're going to buy Nico's box and Molly's box.  But you should really think about Reva.  She can hit so freaking hard from anywhere on the board, she's definitely very different than Molly and I think compliments her incredibly well.  Molly and Reva are my two favorite Rezzer masters and I feel like I can play them into most anything.

I don't have exact game numbers, but I've played Reva quite a lot, she's the master I've played more than any other.  As for Seamus I've played him a handful of time, but every time wish I'd just taken Reva.  Now, this may be skewed because of experience.  I've tried using him as a tank and that worked okay, but i've had more success using him as a scalpal of sorts, and I think Reva is a better scalpal.  Her attacks still have plenty of angles, and are more reliable.  Additional she has a ton of scheme marker play.  I had a game vs. Nellie where Reva was bouncing around the table fighting scheme runners and flipping corpses into schemes and it worked really well.  

Basically I believe Reva does their their core concept (which I would argue is being able to reach out and touch someone or somewhere on the board) better.  Again, if Seamus works for you, great, but I much prefer Reva as a scalpel/reach-out-and-touch-you

@hydranixx

Having faced them both a lot I'd say Reva feels like a boosted Seamus.

Seamus brings belles to do his bigass shot focused once per turn and kill something. If he can't lure it he teleports there but is then vulnerable to counter attacks. If you put a sturdy model like a peacekeeper down he has trouble dealing with it.

Reva hardly needs belles, she just chooses which of your models she wants to kill each turn and you get no say because she ignores just about any defense you can think of so the model that would have been super tough against Seamus and lasted several turns just straight up dies to her.

• Like 2

I think if you put a Peacekeeper in front of most masters they have trouble dealing with it. 

But if you hide an Austringer behind an enormous wall, Seamus is your bane, whereas Reva needs specific conditions be met before she can get to it.

Reva's an easier master to pilot than Seamus. An activation in which she uses Ethereal Reaping 3 times is very often the best activation she can have. She's probably one of the easiest masters to use even across all factions.

Seamus' pistol will never compete with 3x Ethereal Reaping with or without Focus. But he has many other applications if the player actually looks at his other Actions and Abilities. I value his incredible mobility more than anything else, his WP/Horror duel tricks as a strong second and thirdly his Flintlock for opportunistic attacks. I rarely have more than 1 Belle in my list when I play Seamus and his Flintlock is usually a once per game thing for me anyway.

• Like 1

With the dawn of Asura and the Carrion Emissary it is insanely easy for reva to orchestrate killing that austringer behind the wall, and even then it's not THAT big of a deal.  an austringer is annoying, a peacekeeper on the other hand, if you don't have an answer for it, will cause far more problems.  And as far as mobility, his is not that far above Reva's.  She can teleport to a corpse candle, that she can summon on her turn, and is incredibly fast in her own right.

11 hours ago, hydranixx said:

I think if you put a Peacekeeper in front of most masters they have trouble dealing with it. 

But if you hide an Austringer behind an enormous wall, Seamus is your bane, whereas Reva needs specific conditions be met before she can get to it.

Reva's an easier master to pilot than Seamus. An activation in which she uses Ethereal Reaping 3 times is very often the best activation she can have. She's probably one of the easiest masters to use even across all factions.

Seamus' pistol will never compete with 3x Ethereal Reaping with or without Focus. But he has many other applications if the player actually looks at his other Actions and Abilities. I value his incredible mobility more than anything else, his WP/Horror duel tricks as a strong second and thirdly his Flintlock for opportunistic attacks. I rarely have more than 1 Belle in my list when I play Seamus and his Flintlock is usually a once per game thing for me anyway.

You might be able to hide behind a forest instead of that wall if you see Seamus across from you. Personally I rarely bring austringers but prefer to play in your face crews these days. If I'm facing ressers I will probably be bringing condition removal and various bonuses and immunities to horror since they usualyl have a lot of it.

Reva's specific conditions are basically starting the game with a corpse candle almost anywhere and then walking that corpse candle up first activation so if you don't kill it it gives LoS and range to your austringer and if you do kill it it still drops a corpse so you're still boned. I have learned that she does not like Judge one bit though because final repose can really screw with her plan. :) 

For someone starting ressers and wanting to complement their summoner I'd say Reva is easier to do well with. A case could be made for Seamus by merit of his excellent box alone though, they will likely want belles at some point. Mobility-wise I'd say Reva has enough of it. She can always place a corpse candle at the start of her activation and then do the (0) to place into base contact (on the opposite side) so that's about 7,5 inches of movement that the opponent can't stop and she will often be able to clear engagements. From her new postion she could walk or charge away depending on where you wanted to go. Seamus needs a corpse (to ignore LoS if you start engaged) and blocking terrain in the right position for his mobility so the kind of board you play on will have a huge impact. Of course there should be some blocking terrain within 16" but maybe not in the enemy deployment zone if you were going for entourage or something.

All that being said I don't think Seamus is a pushover in any way.

• Like 2