Tournament help

Sanik

Hey, we have a fixed roster(no change at all during the round) tournament coming up soon and I am debating between Sandeep, Lilith or Hamelin.

i think some Sandeep is the most versatile one, but in some sense Hamelin would be more powerful?  Who would you pick? 

Depends on whether GG2017 or GG2018 schemes and strats for starters.  Very different.  Also when is the date of the tournament, I assume the end of year errata will not have been released, but..... that could change up the selection as well.

For GG2017 I'd probably default Hamelin for pure power/flex

For GG2018 I'd maybe go Sandeep

But also it depends on what you enjoy, what you have more experience in and what your local meta environment is.  The masters mentioned are all strong and I think would be valid solid plays into a fixed roster tournament.

I love Lilith and think she's an excellent toolbox. The other 2 are also strong choices.  

For Lilith I would run something like:

50 SS Neverborn Crew
Lilith + 7 Pool
 - Beckon Malifaux (1)
 - Aether Connection (1)
 - On Wings Of Darkness (1)
Primordial Magic (2)
Nekima (13)
Mr. Graves (8)
Doppleganger (7)

(exported from CrewFaux)

For the other points I'd choose between Lilitu or Johan for 7 pts. And then spend 8 pts on any 2 of the following: Terror Tot, Mysterious Effigy, Changeling.

That's a pretty well rounded crew for killing/scheming and good at denying points to the opponent.

11 hours ago, Mrbedlam said:

Sandeep (Command, Enlightened, Arcane Reservoir), 3 Mages, Amina, Valdectorian, effigy, wind gamin.   Plenty of beef and enough versatility to do whatever you need. 

Seems like a solid team I was thinking Howard and Kandra instead tho

15 hours ago, H4ml3t said:

I love Lilith and think she's an excellent toolbox. The other 2 are also strong choices.  

For Lilith I would run something like:

50 SS Neverborn Crew
Lilith + 7 Pool
 - Beckon Malifaux (1)
 - Aether Connection (1)
 - On Wings Of Darkness (1)
Primordial Magic (2)
Nekima (13)
Mr. Graves (8)
Doppleganger (7)

(exported from CrewFaux)

For the other points I'd choose between Lilitu or Johan for 7 pts. And then spend 8 pts on any 2 of the following: Terror Tot, Mysterious Effigy, Changeling.

That's a pretty well rounded crew for killing/scheming and good at denying points to the opponent.

Yeah, pretty much the Greg's list. I will dig it. 

15 hours ago, dancater said:

Depends on whether GG2017 or GG2018 schemes and strats for starters.  Very different.  Also when is the date of the tournament, I assume the end of year errata will not have been released, but..... that could change up the selection as well.

For GG2017 I'd probably default Hamelin for pure power/flex

For GG2018 I'd maybe go Sandeep

But also it depends on what you enjoy, what you have more experience in and what your local meta environment is.  The masters mentioned are all strong and I think would be valid solid plays into a fixed roster tournament.

It's GG 2017 before the errata. I think Hamlien is more powerful per se, but Sandeep is more versatile, and Lilith has very unique play style. I guess I will just roll a die XD (or pick a card rather).

Sandeep is an universal toolbox master that can do almost anything.

My list is: Sandeep + Arcane Reservoir + Commands

Arcane Effigy - best minion for 4 points, condition removal and accomplice for the summon-and-attack trick

Myranda + IE (Blessed/Cerberus) - best silver bullet in faction

Kandara + IE - need this one to improve our summoning. Also schemes well.

Union Steamfitter - saves Sandeep from RJ, gives him armor, recovers valuable :mask.

December Acolyte - best shooter in faction + FFM victim

Performer - destroys markers, lures, disables poison tricks

Wind Gamin - nice filler with flight

summoning: all other gamins.

7 stones

The main idea is: anyone is getting better using the :+fate aura from Commands in Wind, so positioning and moving this gamin is the key to success. The second is using our variable tools to destroy opponents plans. Add to it the summoning potential that allows us to outactivate opponent and you're getting a powerful and versatile roster.

In GG2017, there are just 2 or 3 schemes that it doesnt do properly (Quick Murder, Show of Force and Last Stand, with QM disabling Myranda). All other schemes can be done easily while being also able to disrupt them.

This roster is mostly about control and point denial, in the last tournament, it allowed the opponents to score an average of 1 point (1, 1, 1, 3, 0).

On 12/3/2017 at 5:48 PM, Mrbedlam said:

Sandeep (Command, Enlightened, Arcane Reservoir), 3 Mages, Amina, Valdectorian, effigy, wind gamin.   Plenty of beef and enough versatility to do whatever you need. 

If you want to take Valedictorian you need to take Unaligned Sage instead of Enlightened Soul.  

Wind gamin aren't good enough to hire anymore, I'd prob try to fit a Steamfitter instead.

5 hours ago, retnab said:

Wind Gamin are definitely good enough hires, they're the best 4ss scheme runners we have and if the enemy kills them you get a free push.

I guess we'll agree to disagree there. They are fine scheme runners, but in a crew than can summon them for an 8 and a stone, I prefer hiring more utility and unique abilities.

In addition, I think GG18 has really tilted the scale back in favor of henchman and away from cheap minion spam, which hurts cheap killable minions.

Plus, with Claim Jump gone I find myself needing cheap killable scheme runners less and less.  And fewer needs for low cost minions to drop lots of scheme markers in general.

5 hours ago, SevenThirtySeven said:

I guess we'll agree to disagree there. They are fine scheme runners, but in a crew than can summon them for an 8 and a stone, I prefer hiring more utility and unique abilities.

In addition, I think GG18 has really tilted the scale back in favor of henchman and away from cheap minion spam, which hurts cheap killable minions.

Plus, with Claim Jump gone I find myself needing cheap killable scheme runners less and less.  And fewer needs for low cost minions to drop lots of scheme markers in general.

The topic in question is for an event playing 3 games with claim jump, and if I'm building a fixed list to take 3 unknown games, I probably want to make sure I can do the always scheme (while we still have one) well.

1 hour ago, Adran said:

The topic in question is for an event playing 3 games with claim jump, and if I'm building a fixed list to take 3 unknown games, I probably want to make sure I can do the always scheme (while we still have one) well.

I didn't know people were still playing GG17 😬😩.  My bad.  

If it's GG17 then I'd prob want to make sure I have a model with practiced production.  Wind Gamin would be an ok hire in that case.