2018 monthly painting challenge

Franchute

22 hours ago, H4ml3t said:

Franchute is running 2018 so will have final say but based off of how things ran in 2017:

1. You decide when your model is finished and counts for points. I never consider mine done until based but I believe others have posted pics and claimed points for unbased models.

2. You can add to or change the models in your monthly pledge at any time. I think the reason we do a pledge at the start of the month is to set goals for ourselves and to encourage and inspire each other.

3. A model counts for the month you finish it in. For example I started Nekima in late November but finished her and claimed points for her this December.

The Monthly Painting Challenge is not a contest or event. It's mostly a way for us to challenge ourselves, share our work, and give and get feedback and tips. I've really enjoyed 2017 and look forward to 2017. My painting has also really improved over the past year which I attribute to finishing slightly over 1 mini a week (practice) and tips and tricks I've learned from this community.

Thank you for taking time to answer! I'm really looking forward to this!

• Like 1

Thanks again for taking this on, Franchute!

I have a model or two, and a metric ton of terrain ready to go.  Will get some photos taken of them this weekend so I'm ready to pledge.  Some of the terrain will be challenging to assign values to before it is assembled (e.g., the spider factory chemical tanks below), but maybe I can figure out a rough dimension and go from there.  Have a great weekend, fellow challenge painters!

large.spider_factory_chems.jpg.df64d8d8162bbf356b048b582edd7d3b.jpg

14 hours ago, Franchute said:

Hello everybody

Next year's challenge starts next week. Before we begin, can you please check in the information in the following spreadsheet and point at any possible mistake?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zYYugrSGk_4GTo8OjHjyfI_ruYWYOSnhy7U2ivbgfZ8/edit?usp=sharing

Do we fil this out ourselves at the end of the month?

17 minutes ago, Scatterbrain said:

Total n00b to Malifaux here. May I please join in as a Minion? First miniatures will have to wait until this coming payday. :(

No problem. We can wait to see what you'll paint, though those will have to be painted in January ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Strangely Brown said:

Sign me up for Feb please (I'll use a mulligan for Jan as I am painting models that I had already started).  I'll go for the Master level (16 - 30ss a month)

Cheers,

'Brown

Just use the models you already started for January.