2018 monthly painting challenge

Franchute

@Franchute Looks like I am am the only Minion-level pledger so far.  With terrain counting this year, you can bump me up to Henchman level.  I used the link to the tracking sheet and it works, and I was able to view but not edit, so it looks like you've got it working!

I am happy with any SS amount allocated to terrain.  I see the point about painting, versus building from scratch.  Either is fine with me.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Hello,

I'm new to the board and very interested into this challenge.

I do not understand how I have to calculate the Pledge level for the minis I take charge to paint monthly.

Is the SS value of the pladge based on SS cost, as from Malifaux cards, of the minis to be painted?

Thanks in advance for clarifications and may be an example could be useful.

3 hours ago, Purple Mist said:

Hello,

I'm new to the board and very interested into this challenge.

I do not understand how I have to calculate the Pledge level for the minis I take charge to paint monthly.

Is the SS value of the pladge based on SS cost, as from Malifaux cards, of the minis to be painted?

Thanks in advance for clarifications and may be an example could be useful.

Hey, just give me an example of some minis you would like to paint during say the first month and I'll explain you how to calculate the soulstones for this example.

4 hours ago, Franchute said:

Hey, just give me an example of some minis you would like to paint during say the first month and I'll explain you how to calculate the soulstones for this example.

Hello,

Thanks for replying.

Now, I could try to paint the following minis:

The Scorpius;

2 Soulstone Miners;

3 Metal Gamins.

I assume I can start assembling all minis right now, posting the pics of the assembled but unpainted models next January.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Purple Mist said:

Hello,

Thanks for replying.

Now, I could try to paint the following minis:

The Scorpius;

2 Soulstone Miners;

3 Metal Gamins.

I assume I can start assembling all minis right now, posting the pics of the assembled but unpainted models next January.

Hello

If you have a look at the card of the metal gamin, which can be found on the Wyrd website through the following link:

Metal+Gamin.jpg?format=2500w

You can see on the upper right corner of the card that the cost of a metal gamin is 4 soulstones. Similarly, you can see that a sousltone miner costs 6 and the scorpius is 6 too. Hence, 3 metal gamins, 2 sousltone miners and the scorpius is 3 x 4 + 2 x 6 + 6 = 30 soulstones. If you plan to paint this amount of soulstones each month of the year 2018, then you're ok to enroll for the master category. Indeed, a pledge at the master level is a commitment to paint between 16 and 30 sousltones each month.

Please let me know if you want me to sign you up as mater.

4 hours ago, Franchute said:

Hello

If you have a look at the card of the metal gamin, which can be found on the Wyrd website through the following link:

Metal+Gamin.jpg?format=2500w

You can see on the upper right corner of the card that the cost of a metal gamin is 4 soulstones. Similarly, you can see that a sousltone miner costs 6 and the scorpius is 6 too. Hence, 3 metal gamins, 2 sousltone miners and the scorpius is 3 x 4 + 2 x 6 + 6 = 30 soulstones. If you plan to paint this amount of soulstones each month of the year 2018, then you're ok to enroll for the master category. Indeed, a pledge at the master level is a commitment to paint between 16 and 30 sousltones each month.

Please let me know if you want me to sign you up as mater.

Thanks again Franchute.

It'OK.

Enroll me for the 2018 Competition for the Master Category.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phinn said:

In the rules it says: "post a photo of your unpainted minis." Can the model be assembled, gaps filled or even the model primed at the start of the month?

No problem. The main rule we have been using is "Models count for the month in which you finish them."

I have some questions, might be me being stupid, but would like some clarification.

For a model to count as complete, it need also to be based or just painted? 

Can I add more models to my pledge, if for example I finnish my pledged ss early? 

Can I pledge half painted models, or do they need to be from scratch? 

2 hours ago, Monkeyfist said:

I have some questions, might be me being stupid, but would like some clarification.

For a model to count as complete, it need also to be based or just painted? 

Can I add more models to my pledge, if for example I finnish my pledged ss early? 

Can I pledge half painted models, or do they need to be from scratch? 

Franchute is running 2018 so will have final say but based off of how things ran in 2017:

1. You decide when your model is finished and counts for points. I never consider mine done until based but I believe others have posted pics and claimed points for unbased models.

2. You can add to or change the models in your monthly pledge at any time. I think the reason we do a pledge at the start of the month is to set goals for ourselves and to encourage and inspire each other.

3. A model counts for the month you finish it in. For example I started Nekima in late November but finished her and claimed points for her this December.

The Monthly Painting Challenge is not a contest or event. It's mostly a way for us to challenge ourselves, share our work, and give and get feedback and tips. I've really enjoyed 2017 and look forward to 2017. My painting has also really improved over the past year which I attribute to finishing slightly over 1 mini a week (practice) and tips and tricks I've learned from this community.

• Like 2