The Executioner

Frozen Feet

McCabe to make him nimble, that gives him insane reach. I suspect Nellie making him fast does the same thing. He combos well with an austringer or two forcing discards first so they have less cards for the kill trigger.

If you think the enemy will place a lot of markers the executioner is great for those extra attacks. Schemes like dig their graves or breakthrough that you suspect the enemy will want to do. 

Against gremlins and their lousy sqeel he is great, there are also a few specific masters in other factions. You can pull him upp and buff with Francisco, get fast/nimbe and a push and thrn discard the upgrade to walk and charge for a (1). That gives a serious threat range and the buffed stats give him a decent chance to survive the last enemy activations. 

You can also hunt smaller enemies so you heal regularly and any ability to give out of activation attacks can let you heal, for example: Lucius,  Abuela, Perdita, Hoffman (cyborg) and Judge with unrelenting leader.

• Like 1

I love running one with McCabe.

[0) Optional - use Queller to enchant executioner weapon]

1) Throw the Badge of Speed at executioner, get 4" push.

2) Use Nimble for a 5" walk (with 0 upgrade)

3) Charge - or walk again and discard upgrade and charge.

That makes up to 24" of threat...hmmmm. Just be careful not to overextend - get that item back!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Bazlord_Prime said:

Hoffman giving him Cyborg, then dropping a Scrap marker, then the Ex taking a (0) to install Hydraulics for the rest of the game = same same. Opens up Machine Puppet as well :-)

Machine Puppet can`t declare triggers so its not that good. But giving him fast probably is.

10 minutes ago, trikk said:

Machine Puppet can`t declare triggers so its not that good. But giving him fast probably is.

You could machine puppet him to walk into good positions and you could also machine puppet him to take a (1) charge. I believe the current concensus is that an attack taken as part of a charge is not part of the actual charge but just happens during it so you will be able to declare triggers from attacks taken as part of that puppeted charge.

51 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

You could machine puppet him to walk into good positions and you could also machine puppet him to take a (1) charge. I believe the current concensus is that an attack taken as part of a charge is not part of the actual charge but just happens during it so you will be able to declare triggers from attacks taken as part of that puppeted charge.

Do you have any prooflink for it? Because I have a feeling that I will be banished from local community if I will ever try to pull it off:)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nellit said:

Do you have any prooflink for it? Because I have a feeling that I will be banished from local community if I will ever try to pull it off:)

Yokai have some bonus to their charges, look up the name of that ability and you will find it in the rules subforum. I also think there was a recent one about Somer's Encouragement ability. The Yokai one made it into the FAQ I think so have a look there and see if it backs up your position. 

Not sure those discussions are related to that, but the wording of machine puppet is the (1) action you take can't declare triggers. The Charge action is the action that can't declare triggers, but nothing in the text of Machine puppet would stop any actions generated by that action from declaring triggers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adran said:

Not sure those discussions are related to that, but the wording of machine puppet is the (1) action you take can't declare triggers. The Charge action is the action that can't declare triggers, but nothing in the text of Machine puppet would stop any actions generated by that action from declaring triggers. 

I think the discussions both related to the question if the attacks are part of the charge or just generated by it.

6 hours ago, trikk said:

Yip - make him Fast, then take his (1) 1/2/4 healing flip. Push him 2" then Charge - or drop a Scheme. Do a standard 3/4/5 Attack - none of it seems terrible. 

It is a shame about no Triggers, I'll grant you. The built-in Crit Strike alone is lovely...

3 hours ago, Ludvig said:

I think the discussions both related to the question if the attacks are part of the charge or just generated by it.

Wording in the rulebook is that the Attack Actions are generated by a Charge Action.

Plus, FAQ #1 says Focus may only be used by the first Attack of a Charge - not the Charge itself. And FAQ #133 says that models ending a Charge within Brewmaster's Drinking Contest need to take the Wp test for each resulting Attack. Tenuous??

The attacks are generated by the charge action. they take place as part of the charge action, but they are also actions in their own rights, so not subject to things which affected the charge action (which has not completed until the attacks have finished)

So they can declare triggers because they are not the charge action, but if things care about happening during a charge action, then they will matter because they do occur during the charge action. 

You could focus during the charge, but its effect would not then apply to the attacks generated by the charge. 

But this is one of those rules issues that looks completely obvious to me, and confuses other people

• Like 1

On 26/11/2017 at 4:42 PM, Ludvig said:

You can also hunt smaller enemies so you heal regularly and any ability to give out of activation attacks can let you heal, for example: Lucius,  Abuela, Perdita, Hoffman (cyborg) and Judge with unrelenting leader.

Also the death marshal recruiter.

• Like 1

I feel like the scheme pool is more important than what you bring to support him. 

But indeed, models that can make him take extra attacks can be extremely efficient if he is able to finish off a model that way. Also models that can give him an extra push can be really nice as he then gets an insane threat range.

In scheme pools where the opponent will be dropping lots of markers you can potentially force him to pick suboptimal schemes or at least be wary of where they drop scheme markers.

That, I think, is already very valuable.