Lynch Tactica: The House always wins!

whodares

17 minutes ago, Nikodemus said:

Last I checked the wording, Emissary's push works even on face down upgrades. So you can consider Death Contract and False Target, two upgrades for 1ss total that don't count against your upgrade limit. Keeps you eligible for push+fasting even after your enforcer discards Recalled Training.

Checked the App just now and it only mentions it being non-leader within 6" with an Upgrade and not Revealed Upgrade.

Regarding Death Contract/False target: in my current crew builds I don't use Emissary, so I won't spend the stones on those upgrades. They are a godsend, together with Hidden Agenda to space out as many upgrades as possible to keep your crew pushable. Death Contract does cost a stone, so it depends whether or not you want to pay that price and make the Emissary cost 11 stones to be perfecly usable.

Also something to note it that you won't always be able to use The Rite of Strength as the target model needs to be within 6" of the Emissary and costs a 1 Action. I prefer to do a walk + double focussed attack vs the walk + push and fast any day.

I think the samurai is less what it can do for lynch card draw and more what he does for it.

Card control and cheating last means you have a bigger chance of getting a ram through to continue shooting.

For tt brother I find the most important ace is mask so he can put down two markers per turn. I know claim jump isn't the always after next month, but it's still really good.

As for upgrade on huggy, equality and recalled are both really good on him. I honestly almost never take addict.

48 minutes ago, whodares said:

Also something to note it that you won't always be able to use The Rite of Strength as the target model needs to be within 6" of the Emissary and costs a 1 Action. I prefer to do a walk + double focussed attack vs the walk + push and fast any day.

Agreed, mostly, but i'm finding with Gwyn's AoE pull I tend to be bringing models into range, as opposed to pushing out for them.

@whodaresI'm not a regular Jakob player so my experience is maybe limited, anyway I very often take emissary, graves, 1 beckoner, 1 samurai, 1 tt-brother with him. I also gave some chances to Lone Swordman and Illuminated but they everytimes underperformed in my hands. I think I will try sun quiang soon.

Usually I use Emissary to move and push 2 models in the first turn (I prefer his Lynch upgrade just for the extra push, the general one is also pretty good expecially if you have a katanaka or a beckoner near him), then starting from second it depends from my hand and positioning, I usually move and CA under focus (or worst charge something) only if I'm sure I can eventually cheat for 6 the focused attack or if I've some high mask cards. Attacking for 2 or maybe 3 damage is not so great, if I need 1ap to move I prefer to push and fast Graves or Hungering istead CA.

In any case just moving + push&fast hungering + push lynch is still a good option. You have spent (1)ap + (0)ap to give 2ap to the hungering and 1 to Lynch.

Care because DEATH CONTRACT specify that it doesn't count as upgrade for frendly ability model (i.e. emissary tactical one)

38 minutes ago, Amayasu said:

Agreed, mostly, but i'm finding with Gwyn's AoE pull I tend to be bringing models into range, as opposed to pushing out for them.

I haven't played with her yet, but I'll try her out as soon as she's released. You seem to be following the same train of thought and playstyle that I'm going for, namely bringing victims to you instead of pushing your models towards them. I do wonder who I'll drop as she fills a completely different role than the Beckoner, namely tarpit and short-range place vs long-range luring. Having 2 decently-priced non-combat models with Lynch hasn't worked out for me.

I think I'll try Gwyn without Yasunori and with 1-2 Illuminated extra and see howmuch the Brilliance works out. But I'll cross that bridge when i actually have the model :)

29 minutes ago, Piccio said:

@whodaresI'm not a regular Jakob player so my experience is maybe limited, anyway I very often take emissary, graves, 1 beckoner, 1 samurai, 1 tt-brother with him. I also gave some chances to Lone Swordman and Illuminated but they everytimes underperformed in my hands. I think I will try sun quiang soon.

Usually I use Emissary to move and push 2 models in the first turn (I prefer his Lynch upgrade just for the extra push, the general one is also pretty good expecially if you have a katanaka or a beckoner near him), then starting from second it depends from my hand and positioning, I usually move and CA under focus (or worst charge something) only if I'm sure I can eventually cheat for 6 the focused attack or if I've some high mask cards. Attacking for 2 or maybe 3 damage is not so great, if I need 1ap to move I prefer to push and fast Graves or Hungering istead CA.

In any case just moving + push&fast hungering + push lynch is still a good option. You have spent (1)ap + (0)ap to give 2ap to the hungering and 1 to Lynch.

Care because DEATH CONTRACT specify that it doesn't count as upgrade for frendly ability model (i.e. emissary tactical one)

My main use for the Illuminated has been as anti-scheme runners. Their charge means they can come from quite far and they can pack quite a punch. Other scheme runners usually don't have the raw power to deal with them and an Illuminated generally needs 2 activations to kill the opponent. Once they have finished that job, I send them to the middle to flank or tarpit some beaters.

My main picks right now are Lynch with Cheating Bastard and his 2 default upgrades, Huggy, Yasunori with Equality, Tannen, Beckoner and Terracotta Warrior. That's already 35 stones used up, but you have a really powerful crew that can bring the fight to multiple fronts. I usually complete the list with a combination of Illuminated, Effigy and Brothers. This brings me some very powerful scheming on top of having the ridiculous offensive power of Lynch and Yasunori. I go completely crazy on Turn 1 and 2 and try to reduce the opponents threats to my crew, even if I have to sacrifice Yasunori to get it done. I generally still have the upper hand in fights thanks to Huggy and Lynch, while my opponent will continue to lose more and more ground due to the beckoners luring models in range of the Card Dandy. It will be hard for your opponent to make a comeback if you then have a strong model such as Illuminated on the side pestering or outright killing his scheme runner.

I'd like to highlight again that I have Tannen as a must-bring right now due to how crazy he is with Cheating Bastard. It forces very tough choices on your opponent on when and what to cheat, which adds an extra layer of complexity for the opponent, but not for you. You can take revenge for Tannen if he does manage to kill him because he'll have to spend some precious cards and AP on it while being close to either Lynch or Huggy. There hasn't been a model yet that I couldn't blow up in an activation with Lynch and Cheating Bastard's :mask reveal Brilliance makes this even easier as you won't even lose a card to force Play for Blood.

I would also like to thank you for the Death Contract clause you mentioned. It slipped my mind as I didn't check those cards on the app.

@Nikodemus You are right! Thank you man, I apologize. 

True, Tannen comboes well with cheating bastard and his durability is really increased by Terracotta's protection.

@whodares thank you for the useful and exhaustive guide about Lynch. I'm offering to contribute  start writing something similar about Shenlong or Mei while in winter holiday.  I realized this game now is grown a lot in complexity compared from the time the first book was out. Updated guides (pullmyfinger is usefull for sure but not always mantained update) can be really be useful to help new players. 

3 hours ago, le_sphinx said:

@whodares will be amazing if you add general models and all combos for Neverborn Lynch in NB section:)

I'll try to add some Neverborn combo's in this guide, but my main focus is Ten Thunders. I haven't really looked at the Neverborn since Wave 5 upgrades leaked, so I'm fairly rusty there. I also played him mostly themed in Neverborn, while my Ten Thunders lists are more focussed on winning.

So I'll try, but it won't be complete ;)

• Like 1

Here's a combo I played with today that worked well. I was trying out GG2018, and I had Inescapable Trap and Hold Up Their Forces. I brought Lynch with Cheating Bastard, plus McTavish. Hungering Darkness engaged two enemies, Lynch revealed two masks every turn to have Hungy drop one scheme marker for the trap, and McTavish followed Lynch around eating one each turn. I had the Ace of Rams for most of the game and would just drop it in to give McTavish a 3rd attack per turn. It worked really well.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, MCH2387 said:

Will try lynch for first time. But my opponent will use Titania as him master.

I think that I will not be best experience that I can :-(

Lynch works well against Titania, but it depends a lot on the list building. I now always bring Tannen and start with Cheating Bastard as it is just such a dirty combo. It provides a whole lot of protection for Tannen, which means your opponent will have to commit rather hard on taking him down.

Lynch works well because all his damage is in 1 go and Titania doesn't have any protection against a single burst of damage. Do note on what upgrades your opponent is playing with, as they are vital in knowing his plan with Titania. Is he going the tanking route or the assassination route?

On a side-note, I'm trying to finish the last parts of the Tactica, but I've been playing too much Lynch and became kind of burned out (no pun intended ... ok maybe a bit).