Deal with scion of the void alphastrikes

Aegnor

Hi.

One of my main play partner is a big fan of outcast alphastrikes and often play  the bury+scion+beater combo. (usually void wretch + scion + vik of blood shezul + emissary for companion on blood).

I play collodi lynch and titania and a vik of blood with shezul charging me turn 1 is very annoying since she can easily kill anything i have (marionette effigy illuminated thorn/claw/tooth stitched and so on).

I manage to avoid big whirldwinds but the best i managed to do so far is to sacrifice some models to her turn 1-2 until i can kill her (which is easy enough).

So my question to you is simple : what can/should we do to avoid this alphastrike and what can we do to deal with the scion of the void to make him unable to do his job in that case?

I though of taking bad juju+eternal fiend to block the void wretch bury but it's not very cheap (and you need at least one swampfiend) and doesn't work anymore for other scion alphastrike (with talos tara or death marshals).

Pretty hard to avoid it entirely. You can take Aionius or some other model that attacks buried models but it's not a guarantee. The Viks will probably remove some of your models, that is just something you need to reconcile with.

For Collodi I would just spam marionettes and make a fine mesh out of them so she can't charge through to your high value targets. Collodi should be out-activating and Vik will not like your beater getting the drop on her, if she whirlwinds two marionettes do death but dies in return that is a pretty abysmal exchange of models for the Vik player.

If the board allows it you could take a trapper and three changelings and shoot the scion away. A clever player should be able to hide it on most boards though. 

One trick I've seen is with Sloth. He's rarely seen so his defensive trigger Just Lay Down can catch people out. Expect that to work exactly once however :) Zoraida has something similar, but it'd be a brave man to risk her as bait!

Some more practical ideas might be Lilith with her LoS blocking forests, severe and/or hazardous terrain from various sources, or Disguised models like Serena Bowman or Tuco(!) clogging up charge lanes.

Ultimately though, being glass cannons is the Victoria's schtick. Spreading to minimise the cannon part and making sure to take advantage of the glass is usually the most reliable plan.

• Like 1

Collodi behind wicked dolls and/or marionettes with the weaver to summon them back or set up teddy summons.

Out activate as Ludwig says and then hit with buffed Collodi and/or stitched/banraku.

Consider mimics blessing on priority targets and at least one fears given form encase you fail to kill it in one turn.

Set up swamp fiends with juju unburying in their face (risk of being hit underground).

Maybe spawn mother  & wisp to resummon sacrificial gupps?

Lilith with blackblood speed bumps.

Probably most important is ensure you have enough blocking terrain, again if 2/3 to 3/4 of the board is terrain  1/2 of that should be blocking.

This forces people to play strategically and also gives you some ability to decide which charge lanes will be available and what you're willing to lose. 

With Titania save your suits for taproot and ensure your models are purposefully set up to benefit from it to reduce damage.

Lynch not sure on, I loath illuminated so refuse to pick him up.