Black Friday Sale

Lucidicide

Has anything been confirmed about the Wendigo (Beast in box)  They give three 3D renderings but will the box come with 3 versions or only 1?  Is there a choice of which?

I personally think they would better suit the gamin, and even more personally, would love them as silly gremlin, but the long short of it is that I haven't heard anything about why there are 3.

13 minutes ago, Sol_Sorrowsong said:

Has anything been confirmed about the Wendigo (Beast in box)  They give three 3D renderings but will the box come with 3 versions or only 1?  Is there a choice of which?

I personally think they would better suit the gamin, and even more personally, would love them as silly gremlin, but the long short of it is that I haven't heard anything about why there are 3.

The three boxes together are the Wendigo (you know, like Devastator from the Decepticons :P). 

1 hour ago, Chou said:

The three boxes together are the Wendigo (you know, like Devastator from the Decepticons :P). 

But we see the full box in each of them.  One box with legs, one box with head and fingers, one box with arms (and fingers).  It doesn't make sense to have all three together.  Unless there are multiple wendigos on a single base, or they are only using one of the 3D projections.

9 minutes ago, Sol_Sorrowsong said:

But we see the full box in each of them.  One box with legs, one box with head and fingers, one box with arms (and fingers).  It doesn't make sense to have all three together.  Unless there are multiple wendigos on a single base, or they are only using one of the 3D projections.

Compared to the Wendigo model where there's a victim model and the actual Wendigo model's hanging off the victim?

Compared to that, having the three boxes stacked on top of each other makes sense.  :mellow:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sol_Sorrowsong said:

From the Monday preview: 

"** Beast in a Box counts as Wendigo"

As if you pile up the three boxes to make the beast. 

And from the Newsletter:

"Wendigo (the Presents)"

Again Wendigo in singular, presents in plural as in the three presents make the Wendigo. But better if somebody confirms it. 

1 hour ago, Sol_Sorrowsong said:

I hear you both and I'm sure they'll make it so that is how it works, I'm just basing it on what visual they have given us and to me it shows at least 2 different gremlins (or one with 4 arms!)

And they'll smash the bows on the boxes!  But ok, enough on this if it makes sense to everyone else.

How people base them is largely up to them. I'm fairly sure I'll see lots of people only put 1 present on a base and use that as their wendigo. Others who will fit all 3 on some how. 

1 hour ago, Adran said:

How people base them is largely up to them. I'm fairly sure I'll see lots of people only put 1 present on a base and use that as their wendigo. Others who will fit all 3 on some how. 

"This alternate Rasputina set will come pre-assembled, and will be like our previously released Twisted Alternatives set."  I'll be curious to see how they come "out of the box".  Although if I remember right, the tortoise & hare were separate from their bases...

I feel like the boxes would have been better as gamin (they kinda look like ice gamin limbs).  It's more like they had three concept arts for the Wendigo snowman and couldn't pick one, so they swapped 'em.  :)

• Like 1

I was having a weird experience with the store just now so I figured I'd report it.  I filled my cart and went to check out.  I got an overlay where I was able to enter billing and payment info (no paypal option there sadly) then when I went to submit/continue from there, overlay closed and I was navigated to what appears to be the older version of the checkout page instead of any sort of success page, with a paypal button, shipping/billing info blank, and a full cart still.

I almost re-entered all my info and paid again, but I saw I got a confirmation email.  Order number 19077 if you want to verify.  But a really odd experience where I almost doubled my order.

Edit:  Also it looks like the Vintage master selector up top did not appear for me until after I did all the pop up stuff, Thought I had to put my vintage master in the note box until I see the selector bar in my weird state now.  I hope the note box works, sorry to cause y'all more trouble :(

15 minutes ago, dancater said:

How do we specify which vintage models we'd like, I had no place for notes or other input during my order...???

Instructions indicate place request in the comments but my orders page never included a comments input.

There was a selection menu with photos at the top of my cart during checkout. But I am on Android phone. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, emiba said:

When your order qualifies, on the shopping cart page, there's a list at the top where you can select it.

Ninja'd but, it's there on the desktop version too. It looks more like an advertisement than part of the shop though.

Also note that it is every increment of $100usd BEFORE tax and shipping. Hope that helps. 

Thanks folks, have sadly now noticed the simple process, and thus confirmed I am a total muppet. :mellow:

Unfortunately my order has gone through, I've sent a message linked to the order confirmation e-mail specifying what vintage models I want, really hope that is adequate.

I know its a bit of an ask to expect Wyrd sales folk to chase and link this during such a busy period but please folks, if someone could PM me or reply to my mail order e-mail to state whether this is possible, or in order to let me cancel my order and re-order I'd very much appreciate the effort.  This is a saga I have had recently struggling with Wyrd mail-order although this time its 100% my fault. 

2 minutes ago, Shadowopal said:

Highly interested in a step by step if you have the inclination. 

Depends if I cheat and just steal the lights from one of my kids fidget spinners (the easy way) or design my own board with a micro and whatever colour I decide to go with (ie the hard way). Depends on time etc but I can definitely throw up how to do it the easy way.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stonewall78 said:

Depends if I cheat and just steal the lights from one of my kids fidget spinners (the easy way) or design my own board with a micro and whatever colour I decide to go with (ie the hard way). Depends on time etc but I can definitely throw up how to do it the easy way.

All info is valuable. Most curious to get insight on board and light placement in the base.