Black Friday Sale

Lucidicide

3 hours ago, BrownieTheOne said:

I'm a little disappointed there's only one Cat King in the box. I may not have played much Hamelin, but there was seldom a time I only needed 1 Rat King. And between the actual box's 4-7 cats, and 4 more cats, I really don't need more cats. Guess I'll make myself some Rat King proxies or something.

These sets are exactly whats in Brotherhood of the Rat, divided into 3 sets. 1 set of Cat Herders and 2 Princess with 8 Alley Cats gets you that sets content. Brotherhood of the Rat also had 2 sets of 4 identical rats (also the same as what was in Hamelins crew box) and 2 identical Rat Kings.

So it wasn't exactly unexpected. Especially after we saw at gencon that it was divided up this way.

5 hours ago, Ergonomic Cat said:

A question I've never asked - can you order other stuff during a Black Friday sale too, to count towards the $100?

3 hours ago, Asyer said:

Will the twisted raspy crew be available for sale after the Black Friday sale like the tortoise and the hare?

So, this is based on previous Wyrd Black Friday (and general) sale experience.

1. Every other sale the web store closes going into the sale and then opens and has both the LE and normal mini's available in addition to books and other knick-knacks and all of these can be ordered and count towards your sale total (but not shipping and such, that does not).  So if you wanted you could buy every faction shirt and a plushie and get a couple of historical-alt models thrown in to the bargain.  The newsletter seems to confirm this its every $100- (US) you spend at the store in actual Wyrd products before tax and shipping.
  2. Alternate models like the alt-Hungering Darkness were specifically announced as general sale items.  Normally the Limited Edition models, including the nightmare and special sets (as the LTD Winter Wonderland indicates that alt Raspy Xmas set is) are not ever available in shops or on the webstore except during the sales as long as Wyrd has stock available.

I'm not 100% on these points but I've been a Wyrd-sales slave for years now and that is how its always been I'd expect if it was different this time Wyrd would (or will) specifically announce it (like they announced that the alt-Nekima and alt-Huggy were getting future general store release).

• Thanks 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but if I spend 200$ I will get 2 Vintage models, Am I right?

At least this is what Wyrd said.

"In addition to all the special figures being available, we'll also be giving away one free Vintage Master (of your choice) with every $100 you spend during the sale!"

The prices are really above my budget for plastic toy soldiers unfortunately.

I was interested in the Dark Carnival, the Alt Coryphee and the twisted Raspy.

90 USD for DC and 35 USD for the Coryphee are just too pricy imho . The Twisted Raspy is 75 USD which is imho barely OK, even for a LTE.

That's 200 USD for 2 crews and 2 additional medium base models. That's the equivalent of 4 normal crew boxes (at Wyrd store price).

Additionally, if I remember well the last time I ordered from Wyrd directly, the shipping costs from the US to the EU were very high.

2 vintage masters are not really apealing imho, I'd rather have the shipping costs free of charge than 2 minis I will probably not use.

It's a pity, the concepts are really cool. I wish I had money to spare for these.

I wish you a happy Black Friday anyway.

7 minutes ago, Butch said:

Where can I see pictures of all the alternate sculpts?

Not in one place unfortunately.

GMorts has some on his unboxing blog: http://gmortschaotica.blogspot.cz/p/unboxing-malifaux.html

There are also these Wyrd newsletters which show some of the others:
https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2017/4/10/easter-sale-newsletter
https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2016/11/9/black-friday-newsletter

I think that is most (if not all) of them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, yool1981 said:

The prices are really above my budget for plastic toy soldiers unfortunately.

I was interested in the Dark Carnival, the Alt Coryphee and the twisted Raspy.

90 USD for DC and 35 USD for the Coryphee are just too pricy imho . The Twisted Raspy is 75 USD which is imho barely OK, even for a LTE.

That's 200 USD for 2 crews and 2 additional medium base models. That's the equivalent of 4 normal crew boxes (at Wyrd store price).

Additionally, if I remember well the last time I ordered from Wyrd directly, the shipping costs from the US to the EU were very high.

2 vintage masters are not really apealing imho, I'd rather have the shipping costs free of charge than 2 minis I will probably not use.

It's a pity, the concepts are really cool. I wish I had money to spare for these.

I wish you a happy Black Friday anyway.

Yeah, I wrote above that I'm gonna go for the Hamelin cat box, but I'm in real doubt now.

The normal one needs just the Hamelin box (50) and 1 Brotherhood of the Rat (50).

The alt requires the crew box (90), 1 Cat Herder box (30) and 2 Cat Princess boxes (25 x2 = 50).

It becomes 100 vs 170, which is just ridiculous in pricing. Since I would order the normal parts from my usual webstore, I'd end up at around 75 euro, which is 10 euro CHEAPER than the official Wyrd store. I also don't have to pay import taxes and the shipping is also a ton less expensive (5-10 euro depending on package)

I can order an entire Hamelin crew with ALL the models you want (deso engine, killjoy, abominations, ...) for 150 euro which is still cheaper than what just the crew basics cost in the cat suits.

This is a real shame as I'd love to get the cat boxes, but they are just too expensive to justify actually buying the entire set.

50 => 90 and 50 => 80 is just too much, especially for European customers :(

• Like 1

It comes up a lot, but since these are sold a lot less regularly than their retail items, it might be that Wyrd has to price them higher than they otherwise would, to reclaim cost of development/mold/production (economy of scale).

Still completely understand how it's out of your budget relative to other options, but it's not that Wyrd is twirling their mustaches while setting their prices. They undoubtedly have a rationale for why the prices are what they are. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Memnaelar said:

Just to be sure, it seems to say you get an alt-master for every $100 you spend before shipping/taxes -- so if I spend $200 before those things, I get two alt-masters (that I request in the comments) as opposed to needing to put in two separate orders (with two separate shippings) of over $100?

Can we get an official word on this, especially since this is a departure from previous years practice? 

Wouldn't want to be caught with any surprises after we put in the orders. 

17 minutes ago, TemplaroftheMS&U said:

Wonderful list as always.
Only thing I see not on there i wanted was the new TtB Book for the Guild.
Oh well, maybe at Easter.

They don't do pre-releases outside Gencon anymore. You can also order all the stuffs that are available at the webstore normally. Who knows, maybe they will also add December releases to the mix...

Don't see Santana Ortega on the list. I wonder if that figure is completely out of stock...hoping it shows up the next online special. Also hope that vintage models will be available in future sales. A good chunk of my miniature budget have been invested into The Other Side.

3 hours ago, Myyrä said:

They don't do pre-releases outside Gencon anymore. You can also order all the stuffs that are available at the webstore normally. Who knows, maybe they will also add December releases to the mix...

I know they arent doing pre-releases outside of Gencon.
I was hoping it would be available to purchase.