Resizing pw to pwu

Wikkid_witch

15 hours ago, Wikkid_witch said:

I figured if I didn't sell their licenced product and have already purchased it then essentially im just making myself a copy. 

Nathan is the Boss of wyrd, I'd suggest you listen to what he says. 

However i'd love some form of expansion for PWU.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Furio said:

However i'd love some form of expansion for PWU.

You and me both. Been looking through old Wryd chronicles issues, and there is a ton of PW style art for models which never even got a first edition miniature... would love a big PWU expansion which included the old PW minis that weren't in PWU, and perhaps some of these other images made as models for the first time.

• Like 4

On the one hand, the sentiment--wanting more of the old figures--is understandable.

On the other hand, scanning and reproducing the old Wyrd miniatures is about as literal copying (and copyright infringement) as you can get.  (Skipping over all of the technical questions concerning scanning pewter figures on that scale and expecting to get decent details on a non-commercial 3D printer....)

It's the old rule of thumb concerning "personal" work:  If you do this and enough people find out about it, you will never do it again.  :ram:blast  I mean, there was someone at Gen Con this year that 3D printed a Steam Arachnid at about full scale.  It looked really cool, as a one-off production but the Guild Lawyers were watching.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...