Nico starting idea...

spafe

Hi there. So I'm hoping to expand my ressers to include the big man himself. I've got Seamus (loving him!), and have Mcmourning waiting to be painted. Along with their 2 crew boxes I have an extra flesh construct, 3 extra canine remains, doxies & bete noir. I'm starting to plan now so that I'll have a few more games with seamus while I finish painting mcmourning, then I can begin buying/painting the summoning king while I play mc mourning. 

I've loved the idea of the summoning factory I've read on here (and in podcasts), so was hoping to get some feedback on a rough list/buying plan for him. As a 50 SS list I was thinking to aim for:

Nico, Laugh, Love thy master, Undertaker (7SS cache)

Vulture

Mort, Bloat, Favourite shovel

Asura Roten

Carrion emissary, Conflux of Death

1 Canine remains

1 nurse

That would mean picking up nicos box, the emmisary, and asura roten, along with a box of mindless zombies. The aim would be to generate a number of markers turn one, then continue spawning more while using the initial ones to start playing havoc/achieving objectives. Does this seem reasonable or am I off track completely?

I'd say you need Phillip and the Nanny more than three different corpse marker generators. You can't summon efficently without a nice hand, and Phillip is a deck filtering machine.  He's in Molly's box. Not sure who I'd cut between Asura or the Emissary myself, as I havent played with Asura yet. I'd stick with Mortimer, as he is in the box already and gives you the burst start to get your engine rolling. The Emissary is a strong utility piece, but he is quite fragile and needs to be quiite close to the action if you want to get the most out of him. Asura is the new hotness and is apparently very powerful, but I have no experience with her on the table. I cant wait to try her though.

• Like 1

I think with what you own and plan on buying that that is a great start!

I'd like at purchasing Kentauroi when they come out.

Molly's box is also a great next purchase, Crooligans are good scheme runners and come in that box, Phillip is also good, so that will give you a bit more variety in styles, you won't be optimized but you'll be definitely in a good spot for a bit more versatility.

• Like 1

Yeah I'd read about them... seem really useful jsut not totally sold on the athestic... so might get them further down the line for now. Will keep them in mind though!

Molly ey... Okay, I will keep her in mind (and likely ahead of the Kentauroi too) as a future purchase, she's never appealed as a master to use, but I do like her looks and its a useful as heck crew box from what I can tell.

Optimized isnt that high on the agenda, I'm only playing with my wife and a couple of mates who are all very chilled and (half) arnt really too into TT games so easy going is best!