Von Schill

noahsheck

1 hour ago, Adran said:

Shoot their master with Hans, and most people will drop cards to stop it, but they'll be low ones. (Especially if you happen to have the ability to remove their upgrades). 

If you have I Pay Better available and Hans' zero upgrade on him, you can discard for a focus, shoot the master at 36" for 1 AP, 0 action for another focus, then shoot the master again at 36" for 1 AP, potential forcing 4 cards out of hand.

If you can get Fast on Hans, you can also make one of the shots Ping!

1 hour ago, Sol_Sorrowsong said:

Isn't that kinda the whole gimmick of hans?

Well Hans has lots of Gimmicks. He does slightly less damage than a trapper, but has much better control triggers, and it's harder to block his line of sight,  In addition to his upgrade killing. But as a general rule I would allow my leader to possibly take damage from him, I'm much less likely to let him remove one of my upgrades, so if you want to drain a hand, you want to ping the master. 

2 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

If you have I Pay Better available and Hans' zero upgrade on him, you can discard for a focus, shoot the master at 36" for 1 AP, 0 action for another focus, then shoot the master again at 36" for 1 AP, potential forcing 4 cards out of hand.

If you can get Fast on Hans, you can also make one of the shots Ping!

Hans doesn't do enough damage to make a master scared, unless you're using Ping to knock off upgrades

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adran said:

Ping applied to the whole activation, and for card drain you are probably best if the master is in un-focused range and you try and ping them twice.

I was unaware of that... maybe I should pair him with Student of Conflict.

1 hour ago, Davos said:

Hans doesn't do enough damage to make a master scared, unless you're using Ping to knock off upgrades

Slow and no melee conditions can cause havoc with their plans.

32 minutes ago, Nikodemus said:

And at that point Hans has probably ditched a severe from his hand to get Ping off, which makes the two weak cards I discard more than fair trade in my book.

... but is it worth 4 cards?

14 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

Slow and no melee conditions can cause havoc with their plans.

No Melee is minions only I think. 3 attacks and a possible slow, i wouldn't discard to prevent. Upgrades are a very individual thing, and sometimes I would stop it, and otehrs just defend against the attack. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You know, I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but it seems clear that Hannah can copy Oath of the Freikorps with her 0 action Make a New Entry.  Trading a 0 action for an AP on oneself or another model is, in my opinion, pretty great.  

edit: and since it specifically allows her to target Von Schill to give him the extra AP since he has the Freikorps characteristic, a 0 action on a Hench giving a Master 1 AP is very, very good imo.

Edited by Memnaelar
named an ability wrong. And then wanted to talk further.

• 3 weeks later...

What is the difference? Or are you asking if it deals two separate instances of damage? I.e. 2 points and 1 point (so with armor, it would still be 1+1 = 2 damage)?

If the latter, I'm pretty sure you only ever get one instance of damage from a single attack, so it would be effectively 3/5/7.

23 minutes ago, FunWithKnives said:

Guys, a little question about strongarm wording:

Charged fists: this models MI attack actions deal +1 damage.  

Is it separate 2+1/4+1/6+1, or just flat 3/5/7?

Strictly speaking it will be (2/4/6) +1 So if you get a red joker it will do 9 damage (6+2)+1. But the damage is dealt as 1 lump. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

A question about the push trigger on VS.

Out of the Clockwork arm trigger in VS, if something else push or place an enemy near VS out of his activation, he can shoot, right? (something like taelor's hammer). My real question is: the enemy must start the push/place inside the VS trigger range, or finish the push/place within range? The card only says "within" so I have that doubt. I can imagine something pushing a couple of models near VS and everyone getting shooted, but it's sounds to good to be true. 

43 minutes ago, Wurz_7 said:

A question about the push trigger on VS.

Out of the Clockwork arm trigger in VS, if something else push or place an enemy near VS out of his activation, he can shoot, right? (something like taelor's hammer). My real question is: the enemy must start the push/place inside the VS trigger range, or finish the push/place within range? The card only says "within" so I have that doubt. I can imagine something pushing a couple of models near VS and everyone getting shooted, but it's sounds to good to be true. 

I've always read it as "if an enemy model is within 6" and LoS of Von Schill after it was pushed or placed then Von Schill may attack with it with Clockworker Seeker".

I can see how the wording could leave some questions about a model that started within 6" of Von Schill and was pushed or placed but I don't think that's the intention. He can definitely take the shots outside of his activation. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1